Friday, July 1, 2016

Friday Favorites 7.1.16

Happy Friday!  And happy July!  It's hard to believe that half the year is already over!

1.  There is an elderly gentleman that always walks through my apartment complex in the morning.  Usually it is around the same time that I leave for work, so we always either say hi, or if I am driving, I just wave.  It doesn't happen everyday, but at least a few times a week.  It just always brightens my morning.  Not sure why exactly, but just getting a wave and smile in the morning can really make a difference!   

2.  Lunch out!  My best friend is about to be a mom, so we met for a long lunch this week.  Her due date is quickly approaching and it was fabulous to spend time together. 

3.  Brownies.  My pregnant friend I mentioned above, had me craving brownies this week!  So I decided to go ahead and treat myself by making a batch of brownies.  I usually have some dark chocolate M&M's after lunch to satisfy my sweet tooth, but instead I will be enjoying a yummy brownie.  I rarely ever make sweets for myself, so this is an extra special treat!

4.  The beach!  My mom's side of the family takes an annual beach trip to Lake Michigan every year in the middle of July.  It's one of my very favorite places.  I haven't gotten to go in some years due to work.  However, with my parents willing to split the drive with me, I am going to be able to make it for a short time, over the weekend.  We get the house on Saturday, so I will drive to my parents, head up to MI, then late Sunday one of my folks will drive me back to their house and I will get up super early to drive into work that Monday so I should only end up missing an hour or two of work.  I am beyond pumped.  Now I just need to resume my swimsuit search - has anyone had experience with Albion swimsuits, or Kortni Jeane?

5.  Reminiscing about High School Musical.  Hear me out on this one...those movies were so cheesy, but the songs were seriously so catchy.  Something happened the other night and it reminded me of the first movie, at the end, when they were singing "We're all in this together...".  How hilarious would it be to do a High School Musical Reunion movie...definitely don't see that one being Disney appropriate!

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!  


via 

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.         

21 comments:

  1. Something about a friendly person regardless of age to get your day started off on the right foot! I wasn't craving brownies, but now I want some for lunch LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for brownies and the beach! I love high school musical too and now it makes me want to watch them again! Happy long fourth weekend beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #1 is so sweet! I'm sure that man looks forward to seeing you wave each day! He may live alone and not have very much human contact each day. Oh, so sweet! And I would love to eat a whole bunch of brownies right now!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for lunch out with your friend! It's always good to enjoy a long lunch and catch up! And yes to beach time, always the perfect summer activity! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm brownies! I love the lake- I'm in Northwest Indiana, so it's only like a fifteen minute drive for me. Are you close? It'd be awesome to meet another Indiana blogger!

    Have a great weekend! Visiting from the H54F link up!
    -Tabitha
    www.ahundredtinywishes.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh enjoy those brownies *YUM* and the beach! Happy 4th of July weekend gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had my eye on a Kournti Jeane suit...they're just so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhm I so want brownies right now! Have an amazing weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nothing is better than homemade brownies-my problem is I never eat just one! Yay for you getting to go to the lake-Lake Michigan is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have a great time at Lake Michigan! Now you have me wanting a brownie...actually there are some Little Debbie ones in the house... I might have to go get one despite it being 9:45 in the morning ha.

    A HS Musical reunion movie would be hilarious. I don't remember if it was my 2nd or 3rd year teaching, I had these 2 senior boys that played basketball that were obsessed with that movie. At the end of the year I let the class pick a movie to watch & that's what those boys insisted on. They even did the dance lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Friendly people make me smile :) Hope you enjoy your beach trip! Even though it's quick, I'm sure it will be refreshing!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the story about you and the elderly man :) it's amazing what a little bit of kindness from someone can do for your day! Also I'm with ya on the High School Musical music! I would be lying if I said it didn't come on my Pandora station once in awhile.. and that I didn't sing along with it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love friendly people. I'm sure it brightens his day as well as yours. Oh man, I could go for some brownies. Hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend. Enjoy the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love when people are friendly! That's so sweet he makes your day! Have a great 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I eat a handful of Dark Chocolate M&Ms every day after lunch as well! I never get tired of them and I REALLY look forward to them every day. Matter of fact, I'm getting ready to eat some in just a minute. ;o) Have a great long weekend, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love dark chocolate m&ms. So good. We just tried the dark chocolate mint ones too. You are going to have the best time on your Michigan trip! I love your story with the elderly man. They make such a difference in how we start our day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so exciting that you'll be able to make your trip this year to the lake! Going out of town is always rough during quarter, but glad that you were able to make it work! And yes to a high school reunion reboot for like after college! I could definitely think of some non Disney appropriate things that those kids would probably be doing now lol
    Have a great Fourth of July weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't purchased one of those swimsuits but I hear A LOT of good thing about them, I think they would be a safe bet to try! So funny that we are both talking about/craving brownies today!! And dark chocolate, YUM. I loved (uhh love) the HSM movies - the second one is my all time fave! The songs really are so so so catchy!! Have a great holiday weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoy those brownies! They are my husband's favorite so I have to remind them that we don't need to eat them on a weekly basis :) Enjoy the trip with your family and hope you have a very happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel the same way about elderly people and a simple wave or smile would brighten my morning. Lake Michigan sounds perfect for the long weekend so I hope you're enjoying your time there and the weather is treating you nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad you get to spend some time with your family at the beach! Sounds fun!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete