1. There is an elderly gentleman that always walks through my apartment complex in the morning. Usually it is around the same time that I leave for work, so we always either say hi, or if I am driving, I just wave. It doesn't happen everyday, but at least a few times a week. It just always brightens my morning. Not sure why exactly, but just getting a wave and smile in the morning can really make a difference!
2. Lunch out! My best friend is about to be a mom, so we met for a long lunch this week. Her due date is quickly approaching and it was fabulous to spend time together.
3. Brownies. My pregnant friend I mentioned above, had me craving brownies this week! So I decided to go ahead and treat myself by making a batch of brownies. I usually have some dark chocolate M&M's after lunch to satisfy my sweet tooth, but instead I will be enjoying a yummy brownie. I rarely ever make sweets for myself, so this is an extra special treat!
4. The beach! My mom's side of the family takes an annual beach trip to Lake Michigan every year in the middle of July. It's one of my very favorite places. I haven't gotten to go in some years due to work. However, with my parents willing to split the drive with me, I am going to be able to make it for a short time, over the weekend. We get the house on Saturday, so I will drive to my parents, head up to MI, then late Sunday one of my folks will drive me back to their house and I will get up super early to drive into work that Monday so I should only end up missing an hour or two of work. I am beyond pumped. Now I just need to resume my swimsuit search - has anyone had experience with Albion swimsuits, or Kortni Jeane?
5. Reminiscing about High School Musical. Hear me out on this one...those movies were so cheesy, but the songs were seriously so catchy. Something happened the other night and it reminded me of the first movie, at the end, when they were singing "We're all in this together...". How hilarious would it be to do a High School Musical Reunion movie...definitely don't see that one being Disney appropriate!
I hope everyone has a great 4th of July!
Linking up with Andrea, April, Katie and Amanda.