Thursday, July 28, 2016

Confessions 7.28.16

grab button for Sparkles and Lattes

It's been awhile since I have done some confessing.

I confess...last night I got home from work and wanted to do absolutely nothing.  No gym, no cooking - nothing.  I made myself do a quick kettle bell work out, ate a bowl of cereal and plopped down on the couch and stayed there the rest of the evening.  Sometimes those types of nights are just necessary.

I confess...it felt like Thursday both Tuesday and Wednesday.  You cannot imagine my disappointment when I realized what day it actually was.  

I confess...I am ready for fall and winter.  I am ready for the changing of the seasons, the clothes that come with it, and the holidays.  If you follow me on Pinterest, you might have noticed my fall and Christmas pinning lately.  I am ready!

I confess...I miss having to go school supplies shopping.  That was my favorite!  I love picking out new folders, notebooks, pens and pencils.   

I confess...I still know all the words to many Boyz II Men songs.  Lately they have been popping up on random shows, most recently Greatest Hits and it has made me reminisce about all their hits.  So many great songs!  I am pretty sure their first CD was my brother's first CD...which I used to steal and listen to all the time.  

What are you confessing lately?

Linking up with Danielle and Annie. 
  

16 comments:

  1. I miss shopping for school supplies too! I love looking at the stuff every year. I am SO ready for fall. All the sweaters, pumpkins, and Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes to cooler weather! I used to love fall but now we don't get much of a fall down here. And I hate when you think it's later in the week than it really is. Such a bummer! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of ready for fall too-- which is madness because I usually live for summertime. I was even tempted to watch hocus pocus earlier this week, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm excited for the last month of summer but so excited for fall and cooler weather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally thought yesterday was Thursday too. I woke up this morning and could not understand how it wasn't Friday yet?! Also, totally ready for fall and winter too. Everyone thinks I'm nuts so I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes doing nothing is so needed !

    The best part of school supplies is the smell of new books ! Yum !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I confess....that list of things I was going to do while my kids were gone to camp...zero has been done!! But I've almost finished a book and eaten out practically ever meal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally ready for cooler weather. It's been SO hot I haven't wanted to get our with a newborn- so I have been much more cooped up over the past couple of months. I'm ready to be able to go outside without scorching! I totally miss new school supplies

    ReplyDelete
  9. yesss I am over summer too! It is just SO hot, I am day dreaming of crisp fall days and all the cute fall clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many things to say!! I totally feel like I could have written this post. Lol.

    First off, you deserved that lazy evening! Everyone deserves them every now and then and you've been so busy at work lately that it was probably good for you to take a load off! I did the same thing the week before last... made a pizza instead of cooked, and then once the kids were in bed I plopped down on the couch and watched Father of the Bride, no working out, no cleaning, nothing. So unusual for me to do on a week night!

    Second, I'm SO ready for fall. SO READY.

    Third, school supplies shopping is the most fun ever. There's just something about paper and notebooks and pens and markers that makes my heart skip a beat. I'm not even ashamed.

    Finally, girl, Boyz II Men is one of my favorite groups of all time! I still have all of their old albums in my music library and I listen to them a lot. I still know all the words to all of the songs that came out waaaay back when I was in junior high. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so ready for all the fall things too, but mainly I think that I'm ready for the fall weather! This week has really been dragging for me too! Thank goodness it's Thursday though because that means that it's almost Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those nights are totally necessary every now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  13. good for you for doing the workout even when you didn't feel like doing anything. when i don't want to do anything, i plop my butt on the couch and stay there haha. i think i'm already planning cereal for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "So now we've come to the end of the road," yep BTM songs pop in my head too. Just got done shopping for school supplies for my college boys, but it's still not the same, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you for still getting in a little workout anyway! That's hard to do on nights when you just want to do nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey sometimes we just need a relaxing evening without working out, without cooking or doing much. Good for you. I know most of the Boys to Men songs too. Haha. Now I have one stuck in my head!!

    ReplyDelete