Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Albion Swim

This summer I have been on the hunt for the perfect new swimsuit.  I wanted something that was a little more covering and forgiving than my normal suits.  I decided I wanted to go with something that had high-waisted bottoms, so I headed to Dillard's after looking online, because they seemed to have a great selection.  After a miserable hour or more of trying on swimsuits, I was just over swimsuits in general.  I put finding a suit on the back burner, and left it at that.  After I made plans to join my family in Michigan this past weekend, I knew I had to resume my search.  


Antigua Cobalt Peplum Tankini Top - Albion - 1
(picture from Albion website)

I came across the cutest suit on instagram earlier this summer, so when I started looking again, it stuck in my mind.  I couldn't remember the brand name, so I googled floral peplum top with striped bottoms and luckily, that was enough to lead me to the website for Albion.  I shopped around a few different website, but kept coming back to this particular look.  I ordered the Antigua Cobalt Peplum Tankini Top and the Stripes 101 High-Waisted Bikini Bottoms.  It was a little more than I had originally wanted to spend, but it was well worth the money.  I love this suit!  I found that it fit true to size, (I just ordered my normal clothes size) - I was worried about ordering a swimsuit online from a new-to-me company, but thankfully that was a non-issue.  The coverage is like a one piece, but has the convenience of a two piece.  The ruffle from the peplum is very forgiving.  It is just super comfortable, too.  The bottoms are cute by themselves, too, I can definitely see myself pairing the bottoms with tops I already have.  Same with the peplum top!  Gotta love when you can mix and match!  I even got a compliment from a lady while I was walking with my mom on the beach!  

I know I am not the only one who has a hard time finding a new suit, so I thought I would share my great find!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.


17 comments:

  1. I've heard of the brand before, but not sure why I haven't stopped to look at their suits - love this one a lot!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! These are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that swimsuit! The mixed print is so fun and love that you can mix and match it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of the suits on the website are gorgeous and I know you looked great in yours! I'll have to keep this site in mind next year when I look for another bathing suit!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh this is so cute ! Love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen Albion all over blogs (and followed them on Insta after entering a giveaway) and LOVE their suits, but I'm too scared to order a suit online if I can't return it to a store or have free return/exchange shipping. Especially because I have no idea what "true to size" for me means in swimsuits. LOVE the one you got, it has all of my favorite things: stripes, floral, pattern mixing, and peplum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a brilliant idea to add peplum to a bathing suit top! That is such a unique suit! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Thanks for sharing. I just ordered a swimsuit online...which I've never done, but it had really good reviews. We'll see. You just never know with swimwear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That swimsuit is so cute and pretty! I like to try and have swimsuits that are a little more forgiving too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute swimsuit! Thank you so much for sharing your find!

    I'd love for you to join my link up here: http://bit.ly/29Yiv4o!

    Sarah
    http://mybowsandclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with ya on finding swimwear with a bit more coverage. I haven't tried the high-waisted fit yet but I do love the tankini top. I just bought my first one from Target last week but it's not peplum which is such a cute style.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just got on the Albion website to look at the swimsuits and they have way too many. I'm going to be here for the rest of the night and I want to buy them all

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that swimsuit! So cute <3

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete