Wednesday, June 29, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 6.29.16


Happy Wednesday!  I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...I had some leftovers from my dad's birthday party Sunday and Monday - hamburgers and hot dogs just really hit the spot some days.  Last night I made the easiest marinade for beef - equal parts honey and soy sauce, grilled with red peppers and red onions.  The rest of the week is kind of up in the air, but I am thinking brats and salmon will be on the menu. 


What I'm reminiscing about...my kitties!  Writing last Tuesday's Show & Tell post really has me missing them.


What I'm loving...this weather.  The temps and humidity have both gone down to much more manageable levels - I don't instantly feel gross the second I step outside.  I hope this stays at least for the holiday weekend!


What I've been up to...going back home!  I headed back to my parents almost every weekend this month.  It sure was nice to be home.  If only I could move my job closer, so then I wouldn't have to drive 3+ hours to see everyone.

What I'm dreading...I am excited for work to get busy because it makes the days go by so much quicker, but I am also dreading the long hours a little bit.

What I'm working on...my June goals.  One goal was to take a test at work - spoiler alert - I have not done that.  However, I did sign up for one, so I am making progress!

What I'm excited about...my best friend is having a baby!  She is due this Sunday and I am just so excited that Baby C is finally going to be here.  They both are going to be amazing parents - I cannot wait to see them in action.

What I'm watching...lots of HGTV with their new shows, as well as Bravo.  Love that RHOC is back and I cannot wait for the start of RHONJ!  My two favorites on at the same time.

What I'm listening to...I found a great 80's station on my last trip home.  Such classics!

What I'm wearing...I am hoping to be wearing swimsuits this weekend.  I haven't made it to my apartment complex pool yet, but I am planning on spending quite a bit of time there.

What I'm doing this weekend...hopefully hanging out at the pool and relaxing. 

What I'm looking forward to next month...compared to this past month, next month is going to be really low-key.  Being busy with work during the week, I am hoping that the weekends will be relaxing, with some summer fun thrown in.

What else is new...not a thing!

15 comments:

  1. Definitely hope you get some pool time and baby snuggles this weekend!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your best friend, such exciting news! Yay for 80's music and RHOC, so glad the OG's are back! <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes girl I live for the weekends to be able to get outside and some relaxing in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that drive can get really boring--it would be nice if you could work closer to your family so you could see them more often! And you better take advantage of your apartment's pool!! I wish I had access to a pool this year because I would be there all the time!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so exciting about the new baby! Hope you get to go to your pool soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think going home every weekend is great but it is a long drive. how is the traffic? Traffic has been so bad around here lately. My friends drive down to Cape Cod last weekend which is usually a 2 hour ride and it took 7 hours. I hope you get some time at the pool. You need some relaxing time for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The struggle is always real for wanting to work to be busy but not wanting long hours. That's what always happens with quarter though, right? I'm so excited the OC is back on and I can't wait for NJ! NJ looks so good with Tre being back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE that RHOC is back and I can't wait for NJ! Can't wait to see what it's like this season with everything being so different. Hope you are able to enjoy your apartment pool soon!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your friend and I hope you get lots of pool time this weekend! I hear you on the hamburgers and hot dogs -- I'm looking forward to having some this weekend!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am hoping to wear swimsuits this weekend too! It is going to be hot here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How exciting that your best friend is having a baby! Good luck to her with the delivery! I can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you have a relaxing weekend! I wish our weather would get less humid over here it's crazy I can't go outside at all lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know the excitement of your best friend having a baby! :) Whenever one of my best friends is about to have a baby, I am a wreck!! It's so exciting to watch the people close to you become parents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Woohoo for your bestie having her baby this weekend, that should be super exciting!! I'm hoping to relax and lounge by the pool this long weekend too, perfect Fourth of July activities!!

    ReplyDelete