Monday, June 27, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  Hard to believe that Monday is already here.  And it's hard to believe it's the last week in June already!

As I mentioned in my Friday Favorites, I gave myself a long weekend by taking PTO.  I got a lot accomplished on Thursday evening, so I was able to enjoy my Friday a little more than I anticipated.  I went out to lunch at The Shack, and it was really good.  I have gone there for breakfast before and my second time did not disappoint.  It worked out well, because it is located close to my car dealership.  One of the main reasons I took off Friday was to catch up on things at home, and an oil change was at the top of my list.  Luckily, the process was painless and they even ran my car through the wash!  The afternoon ended with a movie, Independence Day: Resurgence.  It was really good!  If you are a fan of the first one, then you will definitely appreciate the newest installment of the story.  They brought back some of the same actors/actresses which was neat, although I feel like they could have included a few more.  The story was pretty good, packed with action, with an opening at the end to continue the story to another movie.  Needless to say, if they did do that, I definitely would go see it!

Saturday morning I headed to my parents for my dad's big birthday party.  It went so great!  It started at lunch time and went well past dinner.  I helped finish the set up once I got there, and then just enjoyed the party.  We ended the night with pizza from my dad's favorite place and some major clean up.  So worth it, though!  Since I don't want to make this post too long, I will recap the party in full tomorrow.  

We continued the celebration with a family breakfast in the morning before we all left.  We had my dad's favorite cinnamon rolls, with bacon, eggs and fruit.  After breakfast, we all packed up and after getting in a little more Jack time, we all went out separate ways.  Seriously, how precious is he?



It was a really great weekend, filled with laughter and lots of family time.  Now on to Monday...
via 

Linking up with Biana.

  

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect long weekend!! For some reason I thought the movie was coming out this weekend, but glad you liked it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to see pictures of your dad's party! I know y'all decorated it so cute. And I've got to get my oil changed soon....like tomorrow! It's just one of the things I hate doing haha. Have a great day at work and I"m sure we'll talk through the day haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could totally use a day off to catch up on things. There's always so much to do!! Can't wait to hear more about the birthday party tomorrow!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see the movie! I loved the first one. Happy Monday, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend - making your own long weekend is a must sometimes :) My hubby wants to go see the new Independence Day movie... I am glad to hear you thought it was good! ~Hannah (www.HannahAtHomeBlog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect long weekend! Glad your dad's birthday was a success! His breakfast sounds amazing, I could go for that right now! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you were able to get to your dad's birthday party--and how fun that it lasted so long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad your dad had a great birthday! Sounds like the perfect celebration- especially with that breakfast the next morning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for dads party... Can't wait for the party recap!! Jack is soooooo sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab weekend. I too took Friday off and it was so great having two days in a row off. Glad to hear that your dad's party was a success, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the party recap - sounds like fun. Also, you're the first Independence Day review I've heard, so I'm glad to know it was a positive one. My husband and I are planning on seeing it this weekend!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun weekend girl! I've heard mixed reviews about the movie, but I'm curious to watch it for sure! How wonderful that you got to celebrate your dad's birthday twice over, glad everything went well! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness I already have baby fever and that picture just makes it so much worse! I miss having a tiny nugget!

    I'm glad that your dad's party went well... I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish that we could have more days that are just "life" days where you can go out and get things accomplished! Why don't we have any of those allocated to us on a regular basis? It sounds like you had a great weekend filled with lots of celebrating! My husband was a little worried about the new Independence Day movie, but I think that I'll still drag him to the movies to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, how adorable is little Jack?! Sounds like the perfect long weekend, yay for getting things done, yummy food, and great movies <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a fun weekend celebrating your dad and spending time with family...all things so fun and important and even better when a cute baby is around to entertain. lol

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was a great long weekend. Lots of work, fun and spend time with family. I also like Independence Day: Resurgence.

    Roxcii Boutique
    Formal Dress Boutiques

    ReplyDelete
  18. sounds like a lovely long weekend :) oh my gosh though, jack is freaking adorable! how cute is that photo. i really want to see the second independence day, my husband does not lol

    ReplyDelete