Monday, June 13, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  This weekend just flew by!

My weekend started on a somber note.  A co-worker passed away suddenly last weekend and his visitation was Friday.  The loss was felt company-wide.  It was amazing to see the number of co-workers there to pay their respects.  He touched many lives and will be missed.  

Saturday was quite the opposite.  I headed home for my cousin's wedding.  My mom has been traveling and my brother and his wife (and Jack!) were with her family, so it was just me and my dad.  And one of my uncles that drove along with us.  It was fun spending the day with them before heading to the wedding.  The venue was an old Masonic Lodge, which was so neat.  I took some pictures, but they do not do the place justice.  The ceremony was short and sweet, with some great music picked out by my cousin.  You could really just see the love between the bride and groom - just so, so special.  There were also so many fun details throughout the entire wedding/cocktail hour/reception!  One of my favorites was the coloring/activity book put together for the kids.  My cousin does graphic design and she put together coloring pages of her and the groom and their cats!  It was amazing how realistic the pictures looked.  Just so very cool.  It was a grand time - family weddings are the best!  

I don't have a ton of pictures to share because we were all just having too much fun, but below are a few.






I headed back to my apartment Sunday and regrouped from being gone so much lately.  The gym, grocery shopping, meal prepping, and laundry were all crossed off my to-do list.  I did get a little time away to one of my favorite places - the movies.  Pop Star was on the agenda and it was really good!  Very ridiculous, but very funny.  A good way to end the weekend.

Linking up with Biana
  

21 comments:

  1. Short and sweet ceremonies are my kind of thing haha. I'm glad you had such a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your weekend started on a somber note, but glad you were surrounded by family after to help lift your spirits! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for your loss. The wedding sounds like so much fun! I love the personalized colouring books!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun weekend, I love weddings! Glad you got in a recoup day yesterday, those are seriously the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a weekend for you. Full of loss but ending on a happy note.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Glad you got to spend time with your family this weekend. You looked beautiful at the wedding. Love your makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your coworker, that is so sad. Glad the wedding was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sad about your co-worker! :( You looked so pretty at the wedding though and nice you could go celebrate your cousin with your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry to hear about your co-worker! I'm glad that wedding was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so sorry about your coworker! I am glad you had a ball at the wedding and I did hear Pop Star was funny!! I sure hope your week gets off to a great start!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry about your co-worker! The wedding, however, sounds like just what the doctor ordered! And I love the idea of the custom coloring activity for the kiddos! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear about your co-worker. I'm glad you got to enjoy your cousin's wedding on Saturday and be surrounded by family!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry that you guys lost your coworker, especially so suddenly.
    I'm glad the rest of the weekend was with loved ones--that's always the best way to kind of lift your spirits after some emotionally hard stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty pictures!! That is so sad to hear about your co-worker. It's crazy how fast things can change. At least the rest of your weekend was left on a bright note. Especially a wedding - those are never bad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker, but glad you were able to go to the visitation before heading out of town for the wedding. What a fun time to experience with your dad-- the wedding looks absolutely beautiful and you looked gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so sorry to hear about your coworker! It's so sad to lose somebody, especially somebody that you see everyday. It sounds like you managed to have a great time at the wedding though! Everything looked beautiful, and I love your hair on the side like that! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the chairs, table settings, and your outfit at the wedding! So sorry you hear about your coworker.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad you had the best time at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So sorry to hear about your co-worker. But the wedding looked really beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker, sending lots of *hugs*. But glad you were able to re-group and attend a great wedding with your dad. Looks like a beautiful wedding. Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to hear about your coworker. Sad news all around this weekend. The wedding sounds like a great night out celebrating.

    ReplyDelete