Monday, June 20, 2016

Weekend Recap - Hang Loose: Chapter 31

Happy Monday!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was go, go, go, but so nice.  

Friday night we went to see Central Intelligence with Kevin Hart and The Rock.  I think Kevin Hart is hilarious - I saw him in Memphis last year and he was so great.  This movie is seriously so awesome.  I will be honest, I didn't have huge expectations, more along the lines of thinking this is going to be funny, but probably not THAT funny, but I think we laughed the entire movie.  It was just good entertainment.  Definitely a great way to start off the weekend.

I headed home again on Saturday for Hang Loose: Chapter 31.  I wrote about Hang Loose last year here, but to clarify, it is a car show in my hometown.  My dad is a big car guy, especially old cars, and is the president of the local car club.  Every year, the club has a car show, which my dad spearheads.  It takes a lot of work and effort from everyone involved (especially my dad), and I always like to go back home for it to help out where I can.  I like looking at the old cars, too!  Afterwards, my mom and I headed out to pick up some supplies for next weekend, which is my dad's 60th birthday.  It was a full day!








Sunday was Father's Day of course, so we celebrated my dad by having a nice breakfast together, complete with a phone call from my brother.  Once I got back to St. Louis, I did the usual Sunday prep for the coming week.  

Hard to believe the weekend is over already, but sure enough, Monday is here so let's make it a great week!

Linking up with Biana.        

19 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to see that movie - I like that you laughed the whole time and that car show sounds like a blast too!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. The car show looks like so much. I would totally go to that! And I love that it's your dad's passion and he got to run it in Father's Day weekend!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend at home with your family! That's always the best kind, too :) Love that you got in quality time with your dad and can't wait to see what you and your mom do for his big birthday! Have a great Monday at work!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool event- it would be so fun to look at all of the cars & I'm sure your dad has so much fun planning everything and seeing it come together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was a wonderful weekend. The car show looks like so much fun. I totally want to see that movie. Kevin Hart is so funny. Just seeing him stand next to The Rock makes me laugh. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great weekend! That's amazing that your dad organizes the car show I'm sure he appreciates you coming out for it every year SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun is that car show?! And love that you've seen Kevin Hart live, I bet that was amazing! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. The car show seems so fun! What a cool event and even better that you can share it together.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The car show looks like so much fun, and definitely the best way to celebrate all weekend with your dad! You're the second person today to say that the new Kevin Hart movie was funny. I guess that means I need to see it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so glad to hear that CI was good! What a fun car show & day with your dad!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought that movie looked funny too- glad to hear it was. If we ever get out on a date anytime soon Jared and I want to see it ;) That car show looks seriously awesome, what a fun event in your hometown!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool car show!! My dad LOVES old cars, especially hot rods, so he would have been in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love a good car show and you and your daddy are so cute!! Yay on the Kevin Hart movie, now I really wanna see it!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun weekend-those old cars are the coolest, I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That car show looks like so much fun! And how awesome is it that your dad puts it all together! What a great way to spend Father's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like it was a busy but fun weekend! I have wanted to see Central Intelligence, so I'm glad to hear it was funny and you liked it!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  17. So nice that you got to spend the weekend with your dad and this fun experience!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a neat event! Also, good to hear that you liked Central Intelligence so much! We nearly went and saw that yesterday, but eventually decided on an afternoon at the pool instead. We're planning to see it this coming weekend, though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds like a great weekend! I need to go see a movie! Perfect place to stay cool!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete