Sunday, June 5, 2016

Weekend Recap + Book Club: The Weekenders

I really don't have much of a recap for you this Monday.  My weekend was pretty low-key.  I logged in a lot of HGTV hours.  I caught up on all the Good Bones shows I had on my DVR, as well as watched a few new shows, Vintage Flip and Move In Ready - both really good!  I also shopped for a swimsuit...which was awful.  Since it was so awful, I treated myself to a few new books.  Thus, I have a book review for you today.



On Sunday, I read The Weekenders by Mary Kay Andrews.  Mary Kay Andrews is one of my very favorite authors.  You can read what I thought of her last book, Beach Town here.  While it wasn't my favorite, it still was pretty good.  I had heard The Weekenders was a lot better, so I went in with high expectations and was not disappointed!

The Weekenders is about a woman whose husband (spoiler alert!) is dead and turns out to be a fraud.  The story follows her and her family spending the summer on the island, as they do every year.  There is a tween daughter for some drama, a love story, and of course, the murder of her husband, followed by the uncovering of his deceit.

I thought the book had great flow and kept my attention.  I flew through it!  Definitely a great summer read.  If you were a bit disappointed by Beach Town, do not lose faith in Mary Kay Andrews, as this book is a win in my opinion.

Linking up with Biana.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book suggestion! I've not read anything from her but have always heard good things. Going to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a couple of people review this book now... it sounds interesting, so I'm adding it to my Amazon list now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a pretty low key weekend, much like yours, and it was glorious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I saw this book at the bookstore the other day and almost pick it up. Glad you enjoyed it, I think I will have to go back and get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Low key sounds great! Swimsuit shopping on the other hand... it's the worst!! There are so many things I'd rather do!! Hope the week goes well! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  6. HGTV watching sounds perfect! I always get so inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Book shopping sounds WAY better than swimsuit shopping, haha. This sounds like such a fun read for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard really great about that book as well - glad you liked it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. that sounds good! I love books that have plot twists and some mystery. I'm adding that to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's been in my cart on Amazon for a few weeks now and I really just need to purchase it. I'm glad you liked it! xx-Leah

    ReplyDelete
  11. that sounds like a book i would like! going to have to look for it next time!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now I'm thinking I should just quit reading Beach Town and start The Weekenders!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That book sounds like a great pool or beach read this summer! I need a good HGTV and reading weekend, sounds wonderful <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got The Weekenders from Netgalley, and I can't wait to read it! It sounded like such a cute summer read, so I'm really glad that you loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That book needs to be added to my list, sounds soo interesting! Watching a bunch of HGTV shows sounds like my kind of weekend!

    ReplyDelete