Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: What's In Your (Work Travel) Bag

It's time for another Show & Tell Tuesday.  This Tuesday's topic is "what's in your bag"?  I did a post about this previously, and not much has changed since.  Because not much has changed, I decided to share with you what I include in my purse when traveling for work.  I have done this a few times now and feel like I have a good idea of what to bring down.




I purchased this Gigi New York bag awhile ago and have been loving it ever since.  It is the perfect size for me, the quality is great and I just think the color is timeless.  It is large enough to fit my laptop, which I keep in my purse when traveling for easy access.  I can just pull it out quickly to get through security at the airport, and I can carry it when necessary at the conferences.  Since my laptop is on the heavy size, I try to keep everything else inside at a minimum. 




I use this Gigi New York pouch to keep all my items, like my wallet (similar), chapstick, Kleenex and mints.  My tote has two pockets inside, which can keep my business cards, a pen, hair ties and bobby pins.  I also throw in a notepad and whatever other papers I need for the trip.  My phone charger, a book and my Kindle are also must-haves in my bag when traveling.  I love to read on the plane - really helps the time pass!  Another must is a bottle of water.  The first thing I do when I get through security is go get a bottle of water. 


When going through security, I put my quart-size bag of toiletries in there, too.  Like my laptop, it makes it super easy to access, and then I can just throw them in my carry-on suitcase afterwards to lighten up my bag.


I am a pretty anxious traveler, but luckily I am getting better at it!  Having a pretty set plan of what to keep in my bag definitely helps.


What's in your (work travel) bag?



You can check out all my other Show & Tell Tuesday posts below.



Linking up with AndreaLauraJennand Mackensey.

*This post contains affiliated links - see sidebar for details.




16 comments:

  1. Your Gigi purse is gorgeous. I have the same one in pink and don't use it often enough. I guess because pink isn't as practical as black but it is such a great quality purse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books and water are always a must for me when traveling! Oh and gum because I'm one of those people who worries incessantly about my ears not popping on the plane so I chew gum like a crazy woman until they do haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tote is so cute, and awesome you can fit your laptop in it-that's a major plus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGHHHH, I'm an anxious traveler too! I'd take a long road trip over a flight any day! It looks like you have your security/packing system down pretty well! Oh, and I love that little blue kate spade!
    Which kindle do you have? I really need to get one..

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag is gorgeous!!! I can't believe it fits everything you need plus your computer! It's magical!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good travel tips and I love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that bag, so pretty! Sounds like you have quite a traveling system! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your Kate Spade wallet--and the pretty blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Gigi bags! And perfect idea to keep a smaller pouch inside so you're not constantly digging for stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think that I'd be able to travel without my iPad! I love that it gives me options for reading because with a longer flight I might finish a book and need to start on another!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a gorgeous bag-- gigi seems like such great quality! Love the color of your little Kate Spade wallet too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that bag!! I've never had to bring my laptop across security before but I plan to on our next trip. I hope it will go ok!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your entire purse is gorgeous along with what you keep in it!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete