Thursday, June 2, 2016

June 2016 Goals

via 

Time for goals.  Here's how I did in May...

May Goals:

1.  Clean out my magazines.  Check!  I made it through my piles this past weekend.  My magazine tray looks so bare now!

2.  Clean out email.  I was able to make a big dent in this, but haven't quite completed it.  What I really need to focus on is unsubscribing...I get a good chunk deleted, just to have it fill up again!

3.  Make a summer bucket list.  This is the one that I just did not get to yet.  There is still plenty of time, though!

4.  Clean out my recipe box.  Done!  I still have a few recipes to transfer to cards...let's be real, they have been sitting on my table since I went through them, but one of these days I will get them written down and put away!

Moving on to June!

June Goals:

1.  Make 4 new recipes.  I actually made a new recipe yesterday, so 1 down, 3 to go!  I have been in a bit of a rut, especially with how busy things have been.  Any favorite summer recipes to share?

2.  Clean out my make up bag.  I have a ton of old make up that I don't wear.  I am terrible at throwing that stuff away, though!  My brushes could use a good cleaning, too.  I am making this goal a twofer - clean out my make up bag and clean my brushes.

3.  Put away my winter coats.  As hot as this weather has been lately, I still have my winter coats on my coat rack!  I want to get them all cleaned up and stored away for the summer season.

4.  Take an online test at work.  At my company, I have the opportunity to take different tests that can lead to earning different designations.  I took one a lonnnnggg time ago, like when I very first started.  Now they have a few that are all online modules.  It just sounds too easy not to do!

June is going to be one busy month for me, but these goals all sound very doable!  Fingers crossed!

Linking up with Amanda, Kristen and Annie.

24 comments:

  1. Junk e-mails...I get them all the time. I can't tell you how many times in the past month i've unsubscribed from something. such a good goal! I also like how your work gives you the different tests to take. That's super nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just cleaned out my magazine pile the other day (I was motivated by having to move a bunch of stuff to make way for our windows to be put in so I finally got to it) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to put winter coats away! They are just hanging in my back hall. Definitely don't need those in the NC summer heat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just cleaned my makeup brushes for the first time and forever and it's oddly cathartic!! It will be much easier to clean all that old makeup out now that you have a naked palette (it's really almost all you need!). Good luck with the June goals! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually cleaned my magazine pile and paperwork pile last night lol. Good luck with your june goals & good luck on that online test at work! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. All good goals! I just cleaned out my emails (took forever, seriously) and it is such a nice feeling. Getting organized is a great stress reliever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I seriously need to work on my email clean up. I went on vacation for 4 days and came back to almost 400 emails. Woof. And congrats on already getting one new recipe done! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to clean my make up brushes, too. It's just not fun to do haha! And I'm going to email you a recipe that I made last week and I plan on blogging it in a couple of weeks but I'll email it to you to try. It's a summer salad and so good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know what's worse, email cleanup or makeup cleanup! I think that sounds like a project that I should do sometime soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for getting pretty close at finishing all of your goals for May. I need to put away winter coats too-- I think I'm still bitter because I had them cleaned and put them away once and then ended up needing them for like two more months, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg i still have a winter coat on my coat rack as well hahaha, i didn't even click until you said something. i'll put it away tonight! and omg i need to do some unsubscribing as well, it's crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh cleaning out email is so time consuming and annoying. I try to unsubscribe and THEN do a quick search for that email address and delete them all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great goals! You are going to ROCK them!

    I definitely need to clean my make-up brushes soon. I actually bought the stuff to clean them about a month ago, I just keep forgetting to clean them LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh I hate cleaning my makeup brushes but I need to do it too... especially after my kids got in my makeup and dipped my concealer brush into black eyeshadow. what do you use to clean them?

    ReplyDelete
  15. A good cleaning wouldn't hurt my brushes either =X I can't even remember the last time I did it, which is kind of nasty so I try not to think about it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, I need to clean out my magazines as well. They are overflowing! I just can't bring myself to throw any away without looking at them first, but I never have time to look at any of them. Lol.

    Good luck on your goals for this month... they seem very realistic so hopefully you'll get a lot accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My inbox is a nightmare. But before I try to clean house, I have gone through & unsubscribed from all sorts of emails. It's great. I'm less tempted to buy things I don't need + my inbox is MUCH cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I went on a tear and cleaned and unsubscribed to a ton of emails and they all seemed to find their way back to me. Boo! I definitely need to clean out my makeup bag and my brushes also - just so tedious! Good luck with your June goals! xx Leah.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to clean out my makeup bag too... thanks for the reminder! It's something I never really think about doing! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  20. You did great with your May goals! Clearing out the email is always so tedious, but that one is on my list too! I need to pack away the winter clothes as well. So wait- you take a test and earn more? I would definitely make that a priority! Good luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm totally with you on the junk emails, there are so many I need to unsubscribe from that clutter my inbox! I'm always on the hunt for new recipes, one of my favorites for summer are different combinations of fish and veggie foil packs!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am such a pack rat with throwing away old makeup/hair products/etc. I went through and purged A TON before we moved from Seattle, but I think I should go through my stuff again!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have been in a meal rut as well. I need to make some new recipes this week too. Good job on meeting your May goals!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good luck on your goals! I need to clean out my makeup bag too :)

    Blessings,
    Edye | Http://gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete