Friday, June 3, 2016

Friday Favorites 6.3.16

Happy Friday!  How is it that the short weeks always seem to drag on?  I am just glad that Friday is finally here!

My first favorite is kind of nerdy.  I was finally able to get my work email on my phone.  Way back when I got my new iphone last year, the app I needed to access my work email would not open for me.  It would download, then when I went to open it and finish signing up, it just said loading...forever.  It never actually would open.  I kept hoping that the updates would fix this, but when I would try again, nothing would happen.  Until...this week.  I was downloading something else and randomly thought to try it.  It worked!  Seriously I was so close to finally getting my act together and heading to the store to get a new phone, but luckily I don't have to mess with that at all!  I am ridiculously excited about this.

Weight loss!  As I have mentioned before, I participated in a "Biggest Winner" contest through the gym at work.  We formed teams, and which ever team had the biggest percentage weight loss would be the "biggest winners".  I am happy to say that I lost about 5-6 pounds over the past two months or so.  While it wasn't quite as much as I hoped, it still was a loss!  I have stayed consistent with going to the gym and I am continuing to make better food choices...at least most of the time.  

Balancing in Heels by Kristin Cavallari.  I started reading this book on the way back from Indy last weekend and I have really been enjoying it!  Kristin touches on her personal life with her kids and her husband, but also on food and work outs.  I definitely want to start paying more attention to what I am putting in my body.

One of my June goals is trying out new recipes.  I ended up trying a new one out on Wednesday for enchiladas.  I used this recipe, but left out the corn.  I want to make a few more tweaks next time I make it, but for a first go around, it was pretty tasty! 

Nordstrom is having their half-yearly sale.  I have done really well not buying anything...yet.  I saw that these Vince Camuto shoes were part of the sale, and I am really tempted to buy the nude pair.  I have them in black and they are so comfortable!  I feel like they are a very classic shoe and would make a great addition to my closet.  Especially since they are on sale!


Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 


26 comments:

  1. Love those shoes - I say get them if you know they are comfy! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes are sooo gorgeous! Like the perfect heel! Super proud of you on you weight loss and Cheers to a GREAT weekend to you beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hurray for getting your work email to work on your phone! You're right, it's so much easier when it's handy like that! Have a great weekend!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep wanting to read Kristins book, everyone seems to love it! Congrats on your weight loss-even 5-6 pounds can make a HuGE difference in how you feel! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cutie-cute heels! I was just saying on my blog today that this short week was a long one!! Hopefully the weekend will be slow too! *crosses figners*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good enchilada recipe! I made one (and it's on my recipes page) with just mushrooms and beans instead of a meat filling and it is SO good!
    Congrats on the weight loss, but more importantly on the healthier choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for getting work email on your phone! Although during the school year, I pretend not to see any emails over the weekend haha! And congrats on the weight loss! It's so important to make good choices when eating!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shoes are gorgeous! Also woohoo on the weight loss. Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many things I want from that sale too, but am just trying to avoid the website, haha. Love those heels in nude though & they would go with so many things! Great job with the challenge at work-- it feels so good to see making healthier choices make a difference overall!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the weight loss, that is so fantastic!! I wish I could get my work emails on my personal phone that way I wouldn't have to always carry around two phones. Although, I refuse to carry my work phone on me during the weekends. They have my personal phone should they need to reach me. haha Weekends are my time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Short weeks always seem the longest!! Get the shoes, they're super cute haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am trying to resist the 1/2 yearly sale... it's SO tempting!! And congrats on the weight loss!! What an awesome accomplishment!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohh I've been wanting to read balancing in heels..good to hear you're enjoying it! Happy Friday! xo Sarah Belle in the City

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Vince Camuto heels! I say just do it...no one ever regrets buying nude heels. You know you'll wear them. Think of it as your weight loss reward. I have been wanting to read Kristin Cavallari's book. I was a huge Laguna Beach fan. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on completing the "biggest winner" challenge, that's a big accomplishment considering you're already tiny! Have a great weekend! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dang girl! 5-6 lbs in two months is awesome! Especially since you traveled in that time period. And those shoes are gorgeous. So elegant and timeless. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on the weight loss girl that is awesome!! i am trying to resist the sale, but those shoes are super cute so you should definitely just do it ;) have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way to go with the weight loss, lady! Sometimes we just need a lil kick start to understand what our body needs and craves and what it feels best eating. Totally want to read KCs book, I've heard great things.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Having work email on your phone makes life so much easier! I'm glad that you finally got it all sorted out! And hooray for weight loss! It's not easy to stay on track with things, especially when you're busy at work, so I think your loss is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love those shoes in nude. It seems like so many bloggers (or even just people I know on FB) have them and I think they're so pretty every time I see them! My feet are kind of wide though, so I feel like they wouldn't fit right (or they'd look bad). Congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those shoes are great!

    Stopping over from the linkup. Hope you can hop by my blog too! Happy Friday!
    http://www.confessionsofanorthernbelle.com/2016/06/friday-favorites-40/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Emily!! I LOVE those shoes! I agree that they are totally classic and a nude pair would be justified. ;) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That book sounds great. I have a beach trip next week so maybe I will download it on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have Kristen's book on my list of books to read this summer! I have been staying so far away from the Nordstrom sale because truthfully I don't need anything and secondly I have a lot of expensive stuff happening this year that I just can't afford much more. Those shoes are really pretty though and I think a nude pair is super classic and necessary!

    ReplyDelete