1. My dad turns 60 this weekend! I feel like for the longest time, I always thought of my parents in their 40's. I have no idea why. But slowly it is hitting me that they are getting older. We are celebrating my dad's birthday with a family cookout and I couldn't be more excited.
2. Time off! I decided to take today off, last minute. While we do have the 4th coming up, I wanted to still get an extra bit of time off. Things will start to get busy after the 4th so I wanted to take advantage while I can!
3. A successful new recipe! I made my first recipe from Chrissy Teigen's Cravings cookbook, Margarita Chicken Fajitas . While I had a bit of a mishap with the marinade and I also kind of messed up the steps of the second half of the recipe, it turned out SO GOOD. Sometimes I struggle with eating leftovers, but none of this meal went to waste. I can't wait to find another one of her recipes to try.
4. No elevator stops. So I know this is an eye-rolling problem, having to stop on multiple floors when taking the elevator at work. However, this week it seemed like every single time I would hit multiple floors...and many a time it was those people that take the elevator just one floor down. On my way out of work, there were no extra stops! Right down to the parking garage floor. What a great way to start my weekend.
5. A clean apartment. I have been out of town the past two weekends, which has caused me to let things slip a little at home. Not that my apartment was too dirty, but still it needed a good cleaning. Last night I got right to it when I came home from work and cleaned. Having a clean apartment just makes me happy. Now, if I sit down and relax, I can really relax instead of thinking of the cleaning I should be doing.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Linking up with Andrea, April, Katie and Amanda.