Friday, June 24, 2016

Friday Favorites 6.24.16

Happy Friday!


via 

1.  My dad turns 60 this weekend!  I feel like for the longest time, I always thought of my parents in their 40's.  I have no idea why.  But slowly it is hitting me that they are getting older.  We are celebrating my dad's birthday with a family cookout and I couldn't be more excited. 

2.  Time off!  I decided to take today off, last minute.  While we do have the 4th coming up, I wanted to still get an extra bit of time off.  Things will start to get busy after the 4th so I wanted to take advantage while I can!

3.  A successful new recipe!  I made my first recipe from Chrissy Teigen's Cravings cookbook, Margarita Chicken Fajitas .  While I had a bit of a mishap with the marinade and I also kind of messed up the steps of the second half of the recipe, it turned out SO GOOD.  Sometimes I struggle with eating leftovers, but none of this meal went to waste.  I can't wait to find another one of her recipes to try.

4.  No elevator stops.  So I know this is an eye-rolling problem, having to stop on multiple floors when taking the elevator at work.  However, this week it seemed like every single time I would hit multiple floors...and many a time it was those people that take the elevator just one floor down.  On my way out of work, there were no extra stops!  Right down to the parking garage floor.  What a great way to start my weekend.

5.  A clean apartment.  I have been out of town the past two weekends, which has caused me to let things slip a little at home.  Not that my apartment was too dirty, but still it needed a good cleaning.  Last night I got right to it when I came home from work and cleaned.  Having a clean apartment just makes me happy.  Now, if I sit down and relax, I can really relax instead of thinking of the cleaning I should be doing.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.           


18 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthday's to your dad! Hope you have a fun weekend celebrating! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday sweet Emily! Sounds like a great new recipe and I hope you enjoy a little R&R time off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally want to try one of Chrissy Tiegen's recipes! Everyone who has made one said the meal is amazing! Happy birthday to your dad!!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're off work today! Long weekends are the best :) I'm so impressed that you're trying Chrissy's recipes--sometimes (all the time) I just something easy to cook and her stuff looks like it takes a while, so way to go! Enjoy the time you get with your family!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for a little extra time off coming up! I always think about my parents being the same age even though they're obviously getting older just like the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nathan got me the Cravings cookbook for Mother's Day and that fajita recipe was the first thing we noted that we wanted to make! Then we had a baby so...obviously that didn't happen lol. Thanks for reminding me about that :) Have a great weekend celebrating your dad!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I need to try that recipe! I love the Cravings book but I haven't tried that one yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun celebrating your dad's birthday!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday to your Dad! I love that not having any elevator stops put a smile on your face. It's the simple things in life, right? I hope you have a wonderful few days off in your clean apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a day off from work!! Enjoy celebrating your dad :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. People who take super short elevator rides kill me. Especially when I know they're physically capable & it takes way longer to wait around for the elevator than to just walk down a flight of stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Margarita Chicken Fajitas sound so good!

    And yes, I am totally with you on the elevator thing... it is so annoying having to stop at a bunch of floors. Our condo at the beach was on the 20th floor and every time we were going down it would stop at practically every floor for people wanting to get on. SO ANNOYING.

    Finally, happy birthday to your dad! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday to your dad, and enjoy your long weekend! But man I hear you on elevator stops, especially when someone is just going up or down a floor or two. Take the stairs people! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel the same way about my parents' age...turning 60 makes it so real. Oh I can imagine how annoying those elevator stops can be. How many floors are in your office building?

    ReplyDelete
  15. My dad is turning 60 in a few weeks and it's crazy to think of my parents getting older as well!! That recipe sounds sooo yummy, I still need her book :). I hope you enjoy your time before the hecticness of the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved that you took the day off to just get stuff done! Sometimes I feel like they should let us have more of those! I struggle with leftovers as well, but sometimes when you actually make something that you love, you look forward to eating them, which is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  17. AH! People taking elevators for just one floor is a huge petpeeve of mine! And I'm with you on being shocked at your parents age. I swear my parents are in their early 50s but they're actually 65! They just don't seem like that! Hope you've been having a great week so far, and thanks for coming over to H54F last week to link up!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent and very exciting site. Love to watch. Keep Rocking.
    epoxy garage floor cost in daytona beach

    ReplyDelete