Friday, June 17, 2016

Friday Favorites 6.17.16

Happy Friday!  I am so ready for Friday.  The temps have been hot, hot, hot this week and we are supposed to get a little cooler (in the 80's) today.  While still warm, a lot better the high 90's!

On to my favorites...

1.  My boss.  I have a really great boss.  He always cracks me up, whether it be intentional or unintentional, and he just is very nice.  So nice in fact, that he picked up a little swag for my co-worker and I while he was at a conference this week.  Seriously, very thoughtful and I am pumped, because I literally was just thinking earlier this week about how I really wanted a similar water bottle.  I am excited to see how long the water actually stays cold.




2.  $1 Dollar Spot at Target.  I picked up this super cute banner at Target a few weeks ago.  I hadn't had a chance to put it up until this week because my patio furniture was inside and in front of the fireplace, but since that all finally got to go back outside, the banner has been hung!  It's a perfect match to my pillows and I just love the extra bit of color it adds.



3.  Strawberries.  Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits to eat.  However, they never seemed to taste as good as when my mom would have them.  Memorial Day Weekend, I asked her what the secret was to juicy, yummy strawberries.  She suggested leaving them out a bit, instead of putting them right in the frig after cutting, which I had been doing.  I tried that this past Sunday when I was prepping for the week and I think it worked!  Now I may have just gotten really good strawberries, but I like to think that it was that little tip from my mom that made them extra good.

4.  Comfort Food.  I made fasolia this week and it really hit the spot.  Normally I think of it as fall/winter food, but I just was craving it.  



5.  Nashville!  I have been catching up on Nashville recently, and was so excited to hear that it had been picked up by another network.  I can't wait to see what happens!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.  

  

21 comments:

  1. We actually booked a trip to Nashville for October, so I should probably rewatch the show lol! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay your boss sounds awesome. And I love that little banner-I love the dollar section!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that banner at Target the other day! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know Nashville got picked up--what network? Super nice of your boss--that bottle will keep your water cold for SO long! Plop a bunch of ice cubes in there at the start of the day and they should still be in there by the end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your boss does things like that!! That's awesome! That $1 Target spot gets me every dang time. You can find some good stuff there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm way too excited that Nashville was picked up by another network! You not only have an awesome job, but an awesome boss as well. Enjoy that awesome gift and Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful boss you have! Is that a swell bottle? If it is, yes it does actually keep the water cold. I fill mine with ice and water and it stays all day. I LOVE it. My swell goes everywhere with me. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on that water bottle! I am SO pumped that Nashville was saved!!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm interest to see how long your water stays cold, too. You'll have to share your thoughts with us. I just bought a Feti (fake Yeti...I came up with that name), and have been surprised that it keeps my drinks as cold as my husband's real Yeti.
    I am so excited about Nashville returning, too! It was way too good to cancel!
    Your mom's strawberry tip is a life changer! I am going to try that next time I buy groceries. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy that Nashville will be coming back next season! It definitely ended on a cliff hanger so I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That banner is so cute! I was just at Target earlier this week and they didn't have any banners in our dollar spot. :o( I was looking for one for 4th of July and I finally found one at Hobby Lobby even though their stuff was almost gone because they had already put out Christmas decor. Craziness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your mom's strawberry theory is interesting. I'm going to have to try it next time!

    http://ashortblonde.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the Target dollar section... it's dangerous for me because even though everything is cheap, I end up filling up my cart!

    Have a wonderful weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So nice your boss brought you back that water bottle-- I haven't tried one, but I've heard those kind are really great. That recipe looks sooo good. We always had our rice like that growing up and now I'm craving some.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The cheap-o section at Target is DANGEROUS! They've had the cutest banners lately! Good find!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to buy a Swell water bottle so let me know how yours works! And I love the little banner you bought--it will look great outside on your patio!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so good for the soul to have a nice and caring boss! It really helps with employee morale. I'm saying this from experience with horrific bosses.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's really nice of your boss to bring some swag back for you especially things you can use. I'll have to try your mom's strawberry trick. I love strawberry season and thankfully we're in it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't say I've ever eaten fasolia before. Looks delish. That's a cute banner. Wish there was a Target close to where I live. It's great that you have a good boss. That can make or break company moral. Unfortunately, I don't have very nice things to say about my boss.

    ReplyDelete
  20. what a sweet boss! having a great management team really makes work so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So happy that nashville isn't over forever!!

    ReplyDelete