Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Favorites 6.10.16

via 

1.  Family weddings.  One of my cousins is getting married this weekend!  I just love family weddings.  My dad's family is large, so weddings are always so fun when everyone is all together.  I can't wait!

2.  Early-bird check-in.  I am super forgetful and love that Southwest has the option to purchase early-bird check-in.  That way when I forget to check-in, I am covered automatically instead of getting stuck with a not so great boarding position.

3.  Disposable headphones.  I forgot to grab my headphones before I left for my trip, but lucky for me, the hotel had free ear buds in the gym.  Definitely makes working out so much easier!


4.  No more outside furniture in my apartment.  My apartment building was being repainted recently, so everything out on my balcony had to be moved...into my apartment.  Last week I called to see if I could move things back out there and while I couldn't at the time, I got the go ahead to do it later this week.  As in today.  Super excited to have my apartment back to normal and be able to sit outside.  It's supposed to get crazy hot, so not sure how much time I will actually be spending out there in the near future, but at least I have the option!  

5.  Technology, specifically with cell phones.  I often don't think twice about having the ability to call someone, text or send/receive pictures and videos, but for some reason, this week I have been really appreciative of it.  Being able to stay connected with loved ones while we are away from each other is such a wonderful thing and definitely something not to take for granted. 

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 

16 comments:

  1. I can imagine how annoying it's been to have your outdoor stuff inside! Hoping it all gets out there easily and you get some nice temps to enjoy it again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your family wedding this weekend - I agree they really are the best!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy being able to sit on your balcony! I'm sure things will look so nice and fresh with the new paint. And have fun at the wedding!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a family weekend for our cousin next weekend and I can't wait to see everyone, especially my famjam.

    My husband and I always purchase the early bird check in, makes life so much easier because there is way too much to do than worry about staying at a computer to check in. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you are so glad to have your outdoor furniture back outside! It drives me crazy when things are out of order (like last week we had a yard sale and my garage was filled with junk the week before and I couldn't park in it). Also I have a love-hate relationship with technology but I love the fact that it allows people to stay connected! Have a great Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the wedding!! Can't wait to see pics!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes to early bird check in! The best! And how cool is it that the hotel had disposable ear buds!? That's a genius idea! I hate working out without music. Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww have a great time my friend!! so glad i found you from the link up! hope youll stop by my blog to see my favorites too! happy friday girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Crazy how we all once lived without cell phones and now we take for granted how awesome the technology really is! great reminder this Friday morning!

    www.makinamama.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. So true about technology/cell phones. I wonder how they did without it back in the day?? ;)

    Happy Friday girl! Carlie - NorthernBlissMN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have so much fun at your cousins wedding, I love family weddings too because you see family you don't always get to see. My wedding is going to be a huge reunion for a bunch of families who haven't seen each other in years so I'm excited for that! Ugh I'd be lost without my phone!!! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great time this weekend! The last wedding I went to was my own haha I need someone I know to get married!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was just telling Brian last night how appreciative I am of cell phones... My brother just had a baby and is 1000 miles away, so it helps a lot since we can't be there with them yet. We've been able to skype and he's been nonstop sending videos and pictures. What did we do without them back in the day??

    ReplyDelete
  14. We almost always fly southwest but I hate their seating policy-- mainly because it seems to take like 100x longer to board the plane when it's a full flight- but the early check-in is definitely a nice perk! I hope you have fun at your cousin's wedding this weekend, getting together with family is always the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the wedding and family time this weekend is going great!!

    ReplyDelete