Thursday, June 23, 2016

Confessions

Time for a few confessions.


grab button for Sparkles and Lattes

I confess...the other day at the gym, I started cleaning the treadmill next to the one I actually used.  I was paying attention to something on the TV and thought I was at the right one...until I realized none of my stuff was on it.  Luckily it was just one over.  The gym was really empty, which is good, except one out of like the 4 other people there was right behind me.  So I am sure they witnessed my mix up.  Oops!

I confess...I am crazy forgetful.  Just one example is last week I forgot to pack salad dressing in my lunch two times.  I have never done that before.  And actually, it's not terrible.  As long as there was a piece of chicken or strawberry in the bit, I was pretty good to go.  Still pretty ridiculous, though.

I confess...I am a mess in the kitchen some days.  Monday morning I was putting together a marinade for a new recipe.  I honestly was feeling really good that morning, like very put together.  I combine all my ingredients in a bowl, then go to pour it into a plastic bag.  I put the baggy all round the bowl and just flip it over, thinking to myself, this is perfect, no mess, all in the bag.  Then I move it and half the marinade is sitting on my kitchen counter.  I don't even know how I did that.  It didn't even get on the outside of the bag!  What a mess.  Needless to say, I wasn't feeling so "put together" after that.

I confess...I am terrible at remembering to water my flowers.  This week I have done really well, but previously not so much.  Definitely not a good thing considering how hot it has been.  I think they are perking up, though!  I just have to keep up the consistent watering.

I confess...writing the pet post on Tuesday really has me missing my kitties.  I will just have to continue to get my fix when I go to my parent's and my brother's - his family has a cat, too!

What are your confessions?

Linking up with Danielle and Annie.

   

19 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny even in an empty gym the one person there is always around when you do something awkward? And kudos to you for still eating your salads-I would have declared an emergency and made a fast food run!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just killed some hydrangeas by forgetting to water them, they were just the cut ones though. We have a few plants at our office and they are always on the verge of death, no matter what we try haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't be trusted to do anything in the mornings! I am bound to forget to pick at least one thing to bring to work. The only way I remember things (like watering my plants in the morning!) is to set a reminder on my phone :)
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so forgetful too! I'm one of the youngest teachers at my school and the older teachers love it when I tell them I can't remember stuff because it makes them feel better ha! So glad you get to see your cats soon! And I would never remember to water flowers--the yard is Dustin's thing and that's fine with me!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate when I pack lunch and forget something! Forgetting the salad dressing is the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've done the same thing at the gym before, so sill, haha. And totally forget things for lunch all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So funny about the treadmill! Maybe the onlookers just thought you were being extra courteous! There's no way I could have gotten through a salad without dressing. Props to you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did kind of the same thing with the ellipticals the other day at the gym! I took my stuff with me when I went to get the paper towels and then I couldn't remember what one I was on, so I just wiped them both down and hoped no one noticed, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really bad with watering flowers too ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Laughing about the gym - I'm always like wait, which was mine??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm crazy forgetful too! I try so hard to be super organized and plan everything and I always end up forgetting something important. And I can't keep a plant alive to save my life, it's so annoying! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've totally forgotten the salad dressing to my salad before and it sucks. I was thinking to myself "what am I going to eat now?" haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh girl, I used to be SO bad at watering our plants. They would always wilt and die within a couple of weeks of us getting them. For the last two summers I've made it a point to do better and I've been able to keep our ferns alive all summer! I was so proud of myself the first summer they stayed alive! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so bad about watering my flowers! The poor ones in the front yard are all but dead and my fiancé and my dad have both been trying to revive them for me. I guess I can blame the triple digit heat around here for that too though, right? Maybe? Hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am such a mess in the kitchen too and have done this exact same thing! I feel like it's always on the days you are feeling put together that a big mess happens! haha

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm really forgetful too, especially when it comes to forgetting part of my lunch or snacks for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Too funny about the gym. Sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have been super forgetful lately too! I've done the same thing that you've done with the cleaning the wrong machine...luckily when I work out in the early morning, it's usually the older folks who aren't typically paying attention to me lol!

    ReplyDelete