Wednesday, May 25, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 5.25.16


Happy Wednesday!  I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...cereal and salads.  This is the same answer as a month ago.  I also got some popsicles for my sore throat and they have been amazing.  Not only do they taste good, but they still have the ridiculously cheesy jokes on the sticks, which always make me smile.


What I'm reminiscing about...thinking back to last May when I took a girls trip to Scottsdale.  Days by the pool with some yummy drinks sound amazing right now.


What I'm loving...leaving work on time!  AND the long weekend coming up! 


What I've been up to...things are slowly getting back to normal with work which is super nice.  I have been enjoying it!

What I'm dreading...the weather forecast...rain, rain, rain.  My apartment building is being painted, so I had to haul all my patio furniture inside.  I don't have a ton out there, but it still makes things a bit more cramped inside.  The more it rains, the less work they will be able to get done and the longer my apartment is going to be a mess with all these extra items inside.  Not to mention, no one likes days and days of rain!

What I'm working on...still trying to eat better and get my work outs in.  The weight loss challenge at work is coming to a close soon and it is tough competition!

What I'm excited about...Memorial Day weekend.  I am taking off Friday, too, so it will be an extra long holiday weekend.

What I'm watching...I binge watched Shahs of Sunset on Monday.  That is one of my favorite shows right now and I had 4 episodes to catch up on.  Not sure my thoughts on that surprise wedding - feel like it was a tad bit awkward and could have been planned to go a little smoother.  I love a good wedding though and I am so glad that Reza and Adam are still together after their mishap last year.  I also caught up on Teen Mom 2 this past weekend.  I really enjoyed all the little after shows they have been doing.  

What I'm listening to...pretty much anything and everything.  I am constantly flipping through radio stations in the car. 

What I'm wearing...I rocked my Fixer Upper inspired STL shirt this weekend and loved it.  It is just so comfortable!

What I'm doing this weekend...hanging with the family!  I am really excited to see everyone.

What I'm looking forward to next month...so much is going on next month.  It's my dad's 60th birthday, one of my cousins is getting married and I have another work trip - this time to San Diego.  

What else is new...I think that covers it.  Honestly, as I was typing this, I realized not much has changed since last month!


22 comments:

  1. I agree with you on the Shahs of Sunset wedding. I wouldn't have been happy about it if I were Adam, but I'm glad that it worked out well for them. What are your thoughts on Teen Mom? I think Jangle continues to be a freaking hot mess. And that's putting it nicely!
    Hope you have a good time with your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. The wedding was so weird. Asa's hat/headdress? And her forcing him to say yes or no. Yikes. He seems like a super private/shy guy so it didn't seem "right" or "magical." Nonetheless... it definitely made for some good suspenseful tv!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Popsicle sticks are hilarious!! I love when they have the silliest jokes on them. I am so excited for the long weekend too!! Oh an keep it up with your weight loss goal. I am having the hardest time trying not to stuff my face with yummy snacks, but I'm working on it lol! Happy Hump Day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for an extra long weekend. Have a great weekend with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to an extra long weekend and let's pray the rain stays away! Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll bet you looked adorable in that shirt!! Rain for the next 7 days here too, yuck!! I do hope your day is awesome today!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray for work finally starting to slow down! It was super busy for us too with year end and quarter 1 close back to back, but this month has definitely slowed back down. Enjoy your extra day off this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes I am SO SO ready for the long weekend- and cheers to you for getting an EXTRA long one! :) Poolside drinks do sound amazing right now, I'm hoping we get some good weather this weekend but you just never know. The forecast is always changing, ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I didn't realize this weekend was Memorial Day weekend! YAY!! Time has gotten away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're going to have so much fun this weekend with family. I love Memorial Day for getting the day off but also bringing friends and family together. I'm sorry it's suppose to rain! I hope it holds off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like exciting stuff coming up for you girl! I have been loving Shahs of Sunset and have a few in my queue to catch up on! Yay for taking Friday off to enjoy an extra long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a bummer that you're having so much rain. Hopefully things will clear up soon for you! I hope you enjoy your 4 day weekend... that will be so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you feel better soon so it doesn't ruin your fun, long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much to look forward to this coming month, and yay for getting out of work on time and the upcoming 4 day weekend! Hope you're feeling better and the sunshine decides to push out all the rain <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sick of the rain! We finally have sun here now, but it was like 20-some straight days of rain. So ridiculous! Yay for an extra long weekend!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  16. Enjoy the extra long holiday weekend - and next month sounds such fun for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love reading this post!!! We've had a good deal of rain too lately, which is no fun! Enjoy your extra long weekend! We are headed to the mountains and I can't wait!
    We'd love to see you at our Tuesday Fashion Party Link Up
    Betsy and Katey
    http://www.twopeasinablog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have a long weekend planned too! So excited! Enjoy your weekend and Memorial Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man I hope you feel better soon but in brighter news San Diego sounds amazing. I'm such a travel lust at heart and your jobs seems to let you explore some amazing cities.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I loved those Popsicles growing up too. I haven't had them in forever. I hope your throat feels better soon. I have been eating a ton of salads recently too. I hope you enjoy your long Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amen for an extra long weekend! Hope all your rain goes away and you can get your patio fixed back up - everything crammed inside would drive me nuts also! Happy Thursday! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never watched Shah's before but for some reason started this season and I've been obsessed too!

    ReplyDelete