Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone had a fabulous Memorial Day weekend.  

Since I had Friday off, my weekend started Thursday after work.  One of my favorite ways to start off the weekend is a movie.  We saw Captain America - Civil War and oh my goodness, was it good!  I thoroughly enjoyed it, and while it is a little longer, about 2.5 hours, it flew by.  

Friday, I headed to my parents, then the next day we all went to my brother's for a few days.  It was so much fun!  I soaked up the time with everyone, especially my sweet little nephew, Jackson.  He is such a doll and it is so fun to see how much he has grown.  My dad and brother headed to the 100th Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, while the girls stayed back with Jack.  We were able to watch the race on TV in the Indianapolis area, since it was sold out.  I have never actually watched a race like that before, but it was super fun.  Knowing my dad and brother were there, as well as learning little tidbits from my sister-in-law (who has been quite a few times), made it very interesting.  Definitely a great weekend filled with lots of family time.  










I ended my weekend the same way I started it, with another movie, The Nice Guys.  Let me tell you, this was an excellent movie!  I laughed throughout the entire movie - it just didn't stop.  The chemistry among the cast was great, and let's be honest, Ryan Gosling does no wrong.  It was just a really, really great movie.

Linking up with BianaLauraJennand Mackensey.

21 comments:

  1. Your nephew is SO cute!! Glad you had such a nice long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew is a doll!! And speaking of a doll...Ryan Gosling and YOU!! What more can I say..loved that movie too!! Have a great short week ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you had a great weekend with family!! Two movies that are on my list to see! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nephew is adorable! Glad you had a great LONG weekend!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen captain America civil war but I think I need to! I've heard it's really good! Glad you had a great (extra) long weekend!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of you and your nephew! You look gorgeous! And I'm glad you liked The Nice Guys--I'm definitely going to have to see it then! You're right, Ryan Gosling does no wrong!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend! And Jack is adorable!! So glad it was a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww that pic of you and Jack is adorable!!!! Framer! We had the Indy 500 on TV for a bit too, exciting ending!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your nephew is so so cute! Also what blush/highlight are you wearing in the picture with him? You look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute little guy your nephew is! Sounds like you had a great weekend with your family! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jack is such a sweet little thing! And how cool that they got to go to the Indy 500. My dad went a few years back and he LOVED it. It was on his bucket list for so long. And finally, I love seeing pictures of you! You are just so pretty and I know I've told you before, but you really don't post enough pictures of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nephew is adorable! You're so right, Ryan Gosling can do no wrong - I've been wanting to see it. So glad you had a great weekend! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really liked Captain America too and The Nice Guys is on my list! Your nephew is too cute, looks like a great holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The race looks like it would be fun! -Hanna Lei

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ahh he is adorable! So fun that you got to spend time with him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your weekend sounds absolutely perfect, especially since things have been so crazy at work lately! Your nephew is so adorable, and it sounds like I have a few movies to add to my list to see sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Weekends full of family time are the best! My husband's extended relatives all live in Indy, and hearing their stories about the race weekend BLOW MY MIND! It's such chaos but sounds like fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh he is SO cute!! If I had any family with cute babies I would definitely love to spend a long weekend with them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jackson is such a little cutie. Sounds like a fun weekend and I think you're just convinced me to go see Nice Guys.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The time with your nephew sounds like a sure highlight to me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your nephew is SO cute! looks like you guys had a lot of fun together, girl! Also, so glad to hear that you enjoyed the new Captain America movie. I still haven't seen it, but definitely want to!

    ReplyDelete