Monday, May 23, 2016

Weekend Recap

How is it Monday already?!  It seems like it was just the start of the weekend.

My weekend started off much like last week - work then gym.  I got caught up on a few shows, like Real Housewives of Dallas and Southern Charm, which was nice.  

Saturday I had a volunteer event.  I have mentioned before that I am on the Young Professionals Board for Provident, Inc.  Part of the work Provident does includes after school programs.  At the end of the year, Provident hosts a circus for those kids and their families.  My group worked two booths, a water race and tic tac toe.  This was our first time participating, so next year I think we will step up our game, but it was a good effort for our first time.  The circus had a ton of neat things - the people in charge did such a great job.  They had a petting zoo, where I was obsessed with a little calf, pony rides, inflatables, face painting, circus performers, and a dunk tank!  The weather turned out really well, too.  I didn't do much at all the rest of the day.  I had started with a sore throat on Friday and it turned into a sore throat and stuffed up nose by Saturday.





The great weather continued to Sunday, so I made sure to get out for a walk/run.  I also saw Neighbors 2.  It was a little different than I thought it would be, but I still enjoyed it.  The movie actually focused a bit on feminism and empowerment, which was unexpected.  Personally, I thought the first one was better, but this one was still good.

Linking up with Biana.
 

18 comments:

  1. I got caught up on all of my TV this week too--it feels nice to do that! Looks like your Saturday was fun! And I hope you get to feeling better!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So envious of your good weather. This event sounds awesome and looks like it was a success!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That circus looks so cute!! I hope you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun event to be part of and so glad you guys had great weather for it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too got caught up on my tv shows this weekend. Your event looked like alot of fun. Happy Monday and hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The circus event sounds awesome! And how cute is that baby calf?! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job on the event, volunteering is so good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous of your nice weather - I think ours finally might shape up this week! I'm jealous of your TV time - I have so many shows to catch up on - I'm hoping to just sink myself on the couch tonight and be a little lazy and enjoy catching up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The petting zoo sounds so cute! Hope your sore throat and stuffy nose have been clearing up...That's never fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun is that event?! Gimme all the baby goats, so cute! And yay for nice weather, hope you feel better soon <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally jealous of your nice weather! What a fun event to volunteer-- it looks like a lot of fun. I hope you're feeling a little bit better, it's never fun to have a sore throat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at those precious animals, so proud of you for volunteering, so important!! Feel better pretty girl and hope it's a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! I love volunteering with kiddos! I have a bad sore throat too, hoping it's not strep! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want to see Neighbors 2 so bad! We loved the first one! But yeah, that is weird that it focuses on empowerment of women... not at all what I would expect.

    Hope you're feeling better this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. My husband and I definitely want to check out Neighbors 2, but we'll have to keep in mind that it's not as good as the first. And hooray for a great weekend with great weather! Your volunteer day sounds like such a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you are involved with volunteer work! That's awesome, girl!

    Also, I hope you are back to feeling 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The circus sounds like so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Iwant to see Neighbors 2! I loved hte first one, but I will probably wait until redbox to see this one!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete