Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  Hope you had a great weekend.  I feel like it flew by!

Friday was pretty uneventful.  It was a longer day at work, but luckily ended on a good note.  We got the big presentation we had been working on sent to the printers so that was definitely a good feeling.  I made it to the gym again on Friday night...I had a good weigh in this past week so I am hoping to keep that up!

I have mentioned a few times that one of my best friends is expecting.  We celebrated Baby C. this weekend with baby shower cook out.  It was a ton of fun.  The shower was held at one of their friend's house and they were definitely the hosts with the most.  I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures because everything was so well done, but I did capture the cute swag used to decorate the fireplace.  The theme was red, white and blue, which is so fitting for the soon-to-be parents.  They always have a huge 4th of July party AND the baby is due right around then, too!  They have a great group of friends and it was so fun hanging out with them and catching up.  


Sunday was somewhat of a lazy day, although I did make it to the gym and cleaned up some.  We went to see Money Monster which was really, really good in my opinion.  I would highly recommend going to see this movie.  While I feel like you somewhat knew how it was going to end, I was enthralled by the story and felt as if it really struck a cord with me.

Another Monday is here again.  Let's make this week a great one!

Linking up with Biana.

15 comments:

  1. I love the idea of the red, white, and blue themed baby shower! I love things that have meaning and so it makes it even more special since the parents to be really celebrate the 4th! Money Monster looked really good! I'm hoping to make it to the movies soon! Have a great Monday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun weekend! Love the baby shower theme, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you had a good weekend celebrating your friends' baby (loved the decorations!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see Money Monster! Glad it passed your inspection! Have a great week and make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baby showers are always so fun!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Friday night sounds a lot like my Friday night! Even though they were uneventful, sometimes those are just what you need after a busy work week. That baby shower idea is so adorable, especially since the baby's due right around the 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  7. From that one picture, it looks like the shower was really cute! I love the red, white and blue theme! Happy Monday! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the theme of that little baby shower- so perfect for the mom and dad to be! :) Glad you had a lazy yet productive Sunday, those are the best kind :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lazy Sundays are the best! Good for you for making it to the gym though! I had plans to but never made it :( Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness those sweet little red, white, and blue clothes! Jacob was born in July and the majority of his newborn outfits were red, white, and blue. That picture really took me back. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cute little shower! I saw the preview for Money Monster and it looked good!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun baby shower theme!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The red white and blue theme is so fun! Maybe he will be born on the 4th!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that shower, so cute! We didn't have a theme with Sophie it was all over the place haha

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for your bestie's baby shower, what a fun theme <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete