Monday, May 2, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  I took an unexpected day off from blogging this past Friday.  Just too much going on!  I have to say, it felt pretty weird, though!

My weekend started off with a movie Friday night - Keanu.  This movie stars the comedian/actors Key & Peele.  The trailer looked super hilarious.  The movie was pretty good - a lot of the funnier parts were in the trailer, but it still wasn't bad.  A good way to unwind after a long week.

Saturday, my parents came down to visit.  We had plans to go to the Vintage Market Days flea market in town.  The weather was a little iffy, but luckily we were able to make it.  This place was so neat!  We all found a little something there.  I could have gone home with a lot more, too!  There were a ton of booths and they had such a variety of items.  I picked up a new t-shirt, Fixer Upper inspired from a local vendor, (314) Print House.  I cannot wait to wear it.  I also picked up a gray tool box.  There was this awesome trunk that I reallllly wanted, but the price was a bit steep for me.  The lady didn't seem like she wanted to haggle much, so I just decided to forego the piece.  It was definitely a fun time, and a great market.  We all had fun, so much so, that I think it will be made into an annual thing.  My parents left mid-afternoon, so I spent the rest of the day relaxing.  We had a crazy storm in the evening, bringing some hail.  I was so worried about my poor car, but luckily there doesn't seem to be any damage.  These spring storms are no joke, though!






I got to see one of my best friends on Sunday.  We took a walk around the area and it was just so nice to catch up.  I pretty much did nothing else the entire day.  I have a feeling I will pay for that this coming week, but at the time, it felt really nice to just relax.  

On to a new week - let's hope it is a good one!

Linking up with Biana.

24 comments:

  1. Sometimes nothing beats a lazy Sunday :-) hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you made it to the market, we had the same iffy weather but it turned out to be so fun! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to relaxing Sundays and that Vintage Market looks so cool!! Happy Monday sweets!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new shirt!! I really want to order one from Magnolia! I'm glad you had a great time with your parents, too! I love going to vintage stores or antique stores with my mom and just wandering around :) Have a great Monday and go home and watch the Kardashians tonight!! haha
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! That hail storm is crazy! Glad your car didn't have any damage. Glad you had a good visit with your parents and got some relaxing time in! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like such a fun weekend-- I'm glad the storms near you weren't too bad, but hail is always so scary! That flea market sounds so cool, love the tee you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That market looks so fun! I love your new shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vintage market sounds so great! I love your new shirt...very Joanna! :)

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that shirt! Sounds like such a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great weekend, and yay for fun movies to unwind on a Friday and getting to see your parents. Glad you stayed safe in those crazy storms, hail always scares me too! And loving that STL tee - super cute! <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love vintage markets! I have that same shirt but it says WACO on it. I got it at Magnolia Market, the one that's owned by the stars of that HGTV show Fixer Upper. Such a cute place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you got to have some fun with your parents :) The storms have been crazy here too- I drove home in a hail storm last Tuesday and was seriously worried it was going to damage my car, luckily it didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun! I love little street markets like that.

    www.shesleaninginblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the Waco tshirts Joanna wears in Fixer Upper! And parent time is the best! Have a great week!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so cool that y'all have street markets like that. We have one here every Saturday morning during the spring and fall and I never get tired of going. We are hoping to go this weekend if the weather cooperates.

    And good for you for relaxing on Sunday! Sometimes that just what you need to get you through an upcoming busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That market sounds awesome and it looks like there were lots of little gems there! Sucks about the weather--we've been having crummy cloudy and rainy days for the last 3 (with at least the next 6 with rain in the forecast) and I'm over it

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes you just really need a break from the world of blogging, but I'm glad that you're back today! I love the shirt that you got from the Market! It's so cute, and definitely reminiscent of the shirts that Joanna always wears on Fixer Upper! I'm so glad that your car is ok! That's always the worst when there's a terrible storm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a cute shirt you picked up! Totally reminded me of the WACO shirt Joanna wears on Fixer Upper. Yikes about hail, hoping the weather straightens up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great weekend! That market sounds great I feel like I could spend a lot of money picking up things to then upcycle! I feel like flea markets have the best hidden wonders for cheap.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like a nice and relaxing weekend! That market sounds really cool and glad there was no damage from that scary storm!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seems like I would loove that flea market! Hail is so crazy. I remember the first time I ever saw it was when I lived in Georgia, and I was driving- I was so scared I had to pull over!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a fun market, sounds like a great place to score some unique items!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's crazy that you're getting hale in May...sounds like a fun weekend otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a nice visit from your parents, but hail?! Seriously?! Yikes! Glad there wasn't major damage! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete