Wednesday, May 11, 2016

The Sound of Music

This past Saturday I went to see The Sound of Music.  It was SO, SO great!!  The entire evening was just fabulous.

We had originally planned on going to The Block for dinner before the show.  We had gone there previously before another show at The Fox and it worked out really well.  Unfortunately, when we got there, we saw it was closed for a private event.  Luckily, just a few blocks down is another great restaurant, The Scottish Arms.  We had been there for brunch before, but never dinner.  Even though we didn't have a reservation, they thankfully had a table open for us.  We opted for cocktails, a Moscow Mule for me and a Kentucky Mule for him.  While they didn't serve them in the traditional copper mugs, they served them in the cutest glass mugs.  They were delicious!  We went with the Rarebit & Bread for our appetizer, which was really good.  I could have just ate that as a meal!  Our waiter was really awesome, too.  Just a really fun time!


After dinner we headed to the show.  The Fox is just amazing.  Every time I go there, I am just amazed by the beauty of the building.  The show was excellent.  The actresses and actors sang so beautifully.  I would definitely go see it again!








  Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

16 comments:

  1. I love Broadways!!! I bet the SOM would be amazing to see. And Atlanta has a Fox theatre and it's gilded like the one you went to--I wonder if they were like a chain of theaters back in the day?? I'm glad you had a great time!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like it was the perfect date night! So glad the show was everything you'd hoped for :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! The Sound of Music was my favorite movie as a kid, and my mom took me to the play when I was around five years old and I started singing along with the cast haha. Your drinks look delicious too, I love Moscow Mules!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would so love to see the Sound of Music! Was it a travelling show or local to you? The theatre is stunning!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo to your original restaurant destination being closed for a private event but sounds like it worked out! How gorgeous is that theater!? <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. So jealous! That looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a BEAUTIFUL theatre!!! Glad you enjoyed the evening! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous theater! So glad you guys had a nice dinner and night out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dinner and a show?! Sounds like the perfect evening! And how gorgeous is that theater <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Fox really is a beautiful theater! Our theater in Houston is a little more modern and doesn't have the same elegance as The Fox. I'm so glad that you loved the performance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful theater! I have never been to a 'real' play/musical so I'm itching to go to one soon! Glad you had a fun night out despite not being able to eat at your original place!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah! I love it! I haven't seen the Sound of Music live before, but I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Geeking out over this post because I LOVE the Sound of Music! My sister and I went to Austria last summer to see the sights where it was filmed, and I didn't stop singing the entire time! Glad you had such a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an incredible night! Didn't you love your Moscow Mule?? That's my new favorite drink! And now I need to find out what's in a Kentucky Mule because I've never even heard of those! We have a Fox Theater in Atlanta and it looks much like yours! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks so fun! That theatre is just so beautiful! Oh how I love musicals, we have a really good season coming up and I'm dying to get season tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sound of Music is DEF one of my favorite musicals ever!! SO much fun :) Glad you guys had a fun date night out!!!

    ReplyDelete