Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: Personal Style

My original plan today was to write about my Saturday evening, but I realized that it is time for Show & Tell Tuesday!  Tune back in tomorrow for my night out at The Fox.

This Tuesday is all about personal style.  I feel like that covers so much!  With the weather warming up, this post is going to be focused on my summer style.  

The Midwest is hot and muggy during the summer.  Because of this, dresses are my go-to's.  This chambray dress from Loft would be perfect.  I love the simplicity of the dress.  The loose fit would make it perfect for those hot summer days.




This is another dress I have my eye on.


  

If I am just hanging out at home, or running out real quick, I usually throw on one of these v-necks from Target.  They are super cheap, and while it doesn't show online, they have a ton of different colors in store.  



I have a small obsession with boat shoes.  They are so comfortable and I love wearing them with anything, from shorts to dresses.  I feel like I need to add these navy Sperry's to my collection.



I keep it pretty simple with my jewelry.  I received these Kendra Scott Dani earrings for my birthday and I absolutely love them.  The gray and white marble just goes with everything.  I would love to pick them up in another color.  Right now I am leaning towards the light blue and silver.  


I feel like I could go on and on, but these are definitely a few of my staples.  Dresses, v-necks, and boat shoes.  Plus some pretty earrings!  Simple, yet classic.  And if you couldn't tell, I definitely gravitate towards blues and whites!  

You can check out all my other Show & Tell Tuesday posts below.


Linking up with AndreaLauraJennand Mackensey.

*This post contains affiliated links - see sidebar for details.

26 comments:

  1. This is so crazy, but out of all of the dresses at Nordstrom, I have also been contemplating buying the white midi length one! The only thing holding me back is the midi length--I don't think that's flattering on me at all. So this just goes to prove that we're pretty much the same person haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love breezy swing dresses like both of the ones you picked! The WAYF one is so comfortable on too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of those dresses look like they could stand up to Tennessee weather too! I'll have to have my eyes out for those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that chambray dress! Perfect for summer!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got a SUPER cute pair of boat shoes and I'm obsessed with them. Love the ones that you picked out!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obsessed with that white dress! SO pretty! And those Kendra Scott earrings are perfect! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you like the fit of the target v-necks? I'm constantly searching for the perfect v...one that doesn't plunge too deep, but also is long enough (I have a pretty long waist). Struggle is real...

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress you have your eye on is so pretty - I love it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been playing with the idea of getting Sperry's... I think they are so cute but I don't know if my style is cute and preppy enough for a pair. Those navy ones are adorable! I might need to make the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Obsessing over those dresses, especially the white one! Perfect for spring and summer <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can't go wrong with any of those pieces Emily and you have to get that dress you have your eye on. So cute and so you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute chambray dress! Love the detailing at the neckline!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no boat shoes but I really want some! Those navy ones are so cute! I've had my eye on a pair of brown Sperry's so I might have to take the plunge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love both of those dresses! The Loft always has great dresses, and great sales! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Sperry's! I have so many pairs of boat shoes it's unreal- they really are so comfy and go with everything! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm loving everything chambray right now too, and I think that dress from the Loft is too cute to pass up! In my opinion you can never go wrong with Kendra Scott jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those earrings & I need to pick up more basic tees from Target- they're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those KS earrings are gorgeous! I can't get enough of her jewelry and I love shimmery stones in jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love these summery dresses! The white one is gorgeous!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that chambray dress! Loft is great! And I need a pair of boat shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your staples! All so pretty. I need to check out those white v-necks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love sperrys, I wear them around the lake house all summer long!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That white dress is perfection!! I just picked up two shirts at The Loft, cannot wait to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love wearing dresses in the summer, it's the best being comfortable and not sweating! That white flowy dress is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I so love white dress pieces but I don't have one because I feel like I can't do it justice. :P
    These are great picks. All styles are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that midi dress!! If it came in a navy I would totally buy it! Dresses are my favorite for the summer. I live in V necks all year round and am just now realizing I don't own any boat shoes. I really like them though!

    ReplyDelete