Thursday, May 19, 2016

New York

Que the Alicia Keys song...now you're in New York, these streets will make you feel brand new, big lights will inspire you...

I had this song stuck in my head for the last few days.  On Monday I headed to New York for work.  My flight got in around 3:30 and the rest of the day was free.  One of the guys I work with had the same flight, so after catching up on a few emails, we spent the evening exploring.  We stayed at the Grand Hyatt New York which is right next to Grand Central Terminal.  We walked around there and checked it out, then headed towards Bryant Park.  After walking around there for a bit, we then moved towards Times Square.  We stopped for a street performance, which my co-worker ended up being part of!  One of the performers did a front flip over him and 3 other guys.  It was really funny to watch.  We were both starving, so we stopped at the first place we saw pizza.  It really hit the spot.  One place I had wanted to stop by was Magnolia Bakery.  It worked out well, because my co-worker also was all about that.  I wanted to go because I had read about it on another blog, whereas he wanted to go there because Andy Samberg references Magnolia Bakery in an old SNL skit.  We loaded up on a few sweets, then headed back to Bryant Park to sit and indulge.  The amount of people out and about is just amazing to me.  I really enjoyed just being able to walk around and take in all the sights.  Below are some of the pictures I took from the first day.













Linking up with Amanda and Annie.

20 comments:

  1. I love that you get to do quite a bit of traveling for your job...I'm so jealous! Also, i'm talking about link-ups today on my blog if you want to comment so I can include some of your favorites!! :) Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!!!! I was going to ask you if you went to Magnolia Bakery! I bet it was so good! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NYC! You're making me want to go back ASAP! Jealous that you get to do some traveling for work too. It's so nice getting out of the office every once in awhile. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love New York!! Those cupcakes look sooo good!! Of all the times I've been to New York, it's crazy that I've never been to Magnolia. Glad you got to have a fun time :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love NY and have to laugh because it seems like all of the things I want to do there always involve food!! Those cupcakes - mmm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had some good weather for the trip, too! Those cupcakes look divine! NYC is such a fun city to explore in!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes!! Yum! Have a great trip-- what a great hotel location-- you're in the middle of all the action!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  8. This makes me miss NYC. Such an amazing city! I didn't check out Bryant Park or Magnolia Bakery when I was there so will have to put on my list for next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE NYC!! All these pictures are making me reminisce about good times there. Such a great place for a work trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love Alicia Keys and her songs.I went to New York when I was really little but haven't been back since. I think the only thing I know about New York is from CSI: NY and Gossip Girl.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't been to NYC since I was a tiny little thing and I would love to visit it again now that I'm older and can experience what the city has to offer. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great place for a work trip :) New York is my favorite city in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all these pics! I'm living vicariously through you since I've never been to NYC!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. CUPCAKES and PIZZA. Everything my little heart could ever want in life :) looks like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh so exciting!! I was wondering if you had gone yet!! Your pictures are all great and they make me miss it even more than I already do. I'm glad that you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This makes me want to visit New York even more than I already do! Can't wait to hear more about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha as soon as I read your title I started singing Alicia Keys in my head! I absolutely loved NYC and cannot wait to go back. Magnolia Bakery was so good- I had the vanilla bean cheesecake and it was by far the best cheesecake I've ever had! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love NYC. I go often for work and it is still my favorite city in the US. So much to do and amazing food. They have my favorite macaron place there too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. New York is so great, so much to see and do! Magnolia Bakery is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete