Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 2016 Goals

via 

As usual, the start of a new month brings a new set of goals.  Let's see how I did with April's first!

April Goals:

1.  Deep clean!  Check!  Thanks to the help of my mom, my apartment is clean for the spring!  We even did a few things this past weekend when my parents came to visit.  It's amazing how cleaning is so much easier when you do it with someone else.

2.  Better utilize my planner.  I did this a bit, but still need to work on looking at it everyday.

3.  A salad a week.  I am super happy to say that I ate a bunch of salads in April.  Eating lighter is so much easier when the weather is warm!  I may need to repeat this goal for next month.

4.  Movie storage.  Done!  I found a super cute basket at World Market that fit the bill.

May Goals:

1.  Clean out my magazines.  I have a few different magazine subscriptions, but I always let them pile up before I get around to reading them.  Luckily, pool weather is almost here which is normally the time I catch up.

2.  Clean out email.  One of my email accounts has a ridiculous amount of emails in the inbox.  I use Bloglovin for reading blogs, but I also have a bunch of blogs I subscribe to from before I knew about Bloglovin.  Add in those emails, along with a bunch of retail emails, if I don't stay on top of my inbox it explodes, fast!  I just need to sit down one day and go through them all.  The goal is to have that day be sometime this month!  

3.  Make a summer bucket list.  Just a list of a few things I want to do this summer - a picnic, the zoo, things like that.  The summer has a tendency to just fly by so I want to be intentional about the time!

4.  Clean out my recipe box.  My recipe box is overflowing.  I have so many recipes in there that I just do not use, or I have forgotten about.  I also am thinking about picking up a new container.  Mine has seen better days.  A plain, wooden recipe box would be more up my alley than the current one I have.

What are your goals this month?

Linking up with Amanda and Annie.

20 comments:

  1. I like how everything is about decluttering and getting organized!! I need to clean my recipes out as well! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I need to clean out, especially my recipe boxes and email!! Good goals girl and you salad eating healthy gal, proud of you!!! Love salads!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need tk go through my magazines!! People keep giving me random ones and I still have the ones from when I was subscribed back in 2014. Ah! Good luck with your May goals!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh I really need to clean out my inbox too. I have two emails that have hundreds of emails just sitting in them. SO bad about it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got a cleaning out my email goal, too. My goal though is to unsubscribe from at least one email a day - SO many things come into my inbox that I have zero interest in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to clean out my recipes too... I have a binder that is just messy and disorganized, and now I use Pinterest for almost every recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Want to know how many unread messages are in red in my email app right now? 3060. Serious problem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great you got that deep clean out of the way! We're doing it this month and cheating with a cleaning company but I can't wait to get everything clean and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I seriously need to get better at not letting emails pile up in my inbox. I'll open one, respond in my head, and then just let it sit lol. That and I'd love to do a little deep cleaning. I keep things pretty tidy, but it's all those little details that make things feel so much cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so bad about letting magazines pile up too! I need to get caught up on those!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job in April, girl!! I am OCD about my email inboxes haha... so just the thought of tons of emails stresses me out ;) Jared lets me go into his account every so often and clean his up bc I weirdly enjoy it so much ahha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy May! I like how you're getting organized before summer! I have a stack of magazines I need to go through too! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! so glad you a good bit of your April goals down! We need to deep clean our house, it has gotten crazy messy.

    Yes clean out the emails! Definitely.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good job with April! May goals look totally doable-- there are lots of charities/programs that request old magazines, so once you're done with them, that might be a way of recycling them. Happy pool reading! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did such a great job on your goals in April! And hooray for having a nice clean apartment! I love your goal for cleaning out your inbox! I know that my gmail account has seen some better days and probably needs to be combed through.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for deep cleaning!! It's always the best feeling knowing that you're not sitting in filth! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This reminds me, I really need to clean my apartment before I go home for the summer haha. I have just been procrastinating because I get really bad anxiety when trying to organize lol.

    ReplyDelete
  18. good job on the salads! i agree, it is so much easier to eat lighter when it's warm out. cold weather is dangerous for my hips ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of cleaning and organizing! That's always on my list and yay for yummy salads! i had a few this week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Summer bucket list! How fun! And cleaning out your recipe to-make list is such a good idea. I should do that!

    ReplyDelete