Friday, May 6, 2016

Friday Favorites 5.6.16

Happy Friday!  It's another TGIF for me!  These long weeks just don't stop.

1.  When your boss tells you to go to happy hour after an appointment, rather than going back to work.  Yes, sir, thank you!  I met up with my old department to celebrate one of their accomplishments this month.  The weather was gorgeous so we were able to sit outside and enjoy some yummy beers.

2.  I love getting pictures and videos of my nephew - they just make my day.  My parents babysat him one day this week, and my mom sent the cutest video.  He is rolling all over the place and has his new shoes on...which we aren't entirely sure he likes yet.  He's such a rolly polly - seems like he prefers that over crawling to get to places at the moment and it is hilarious.  He really covers some ground!  No matter what he is doing, I just love seeing his sweet little face!  I am so thankful that they take the time to send me things and make me feel a part of things, even though I am hours away.

3.  I finally heard back from Blogging for Books!  I got my account all squared away and hopefully after my review is posted, I can request my next book.

4.  I am really excited about my goals this month.  I feel like they are all doable and I am excited to get started on them.  I don't have a ton of plans this weekend, so I hope to spend some time working towards those goals.    

5.  The most important favorite this week - my mom!  Mother's Day just reminds me how lucky I am to have her as my mom.  She does so much for me and the entire family - just very, very grateful.  Also, a big shoutout to all the other wonderful moms in my family - my grandma, my sister-in-law, all my aunts, and my many cousins!  You ladies are all so wonderful!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 



18 comments:

  1. How nice of your boss to give you a little time to enjoy with your old department...I'm hoping for a random early release today LOL! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'r the sweetest Emily!! Yay to Friday and ya to your mama for brining such an amazing gal into the world for all of us to know in Blogland!! Happy weekend gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminded me of how lucky we are to live in an era with such good technology to bridge the distances. Babies change SO quickly so it is wonderful that you can see videos between visits. At this time last year my daughter was also rolling in lieu of crawling much of the time as she was better at it so it was her most efficent option ;) Now she is RUNNING everywhere and scales the back of our living room couch like it is her Everest every chance she gets...haha! Liz @ familyoffoley.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need your boss. Hope your mother's day is great!!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  5. How awesome of your boss to send you to happy hour instead of back to the office! And yay for great goals and for your amazing mom to celebrate this weekend! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for happy hour! I still haven't got my latest book from b4b like three weeks later- I'm thinking it's probably not coming at all, haha. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was really nice of your boss! It is really sweet that they send you snapshots of your nephew!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. have a great weekend!! your boss sounds pretty cool... I'll take happy hour over work too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice boss you have!! ;) Being an Aunt is seriously so fun. I live really far away from my niece and I hate it, but its so nice that my sister/BIL send pictures and videos and we can Skype too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you have a nice boss!! I am so excited to be an aunt later this month!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a boss that tells me to go to happy hour lol! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great boss! Beers instead of work? Yes, please!! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for awesome bosses! Hope you have a great Mother's Day weekend! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad the books thing worked out! Sometimes I get annoyed when everyone asks me to send photos of the baby but reading this reminds me that they just want to feel closer and be a part of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry it was another long week, but hopefully you get to rest and recharge this weekend! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's always the best when your boss tells you to go home after a long week and that you get to start the weekend off with happy hour! That's awesome that you got your Blogging For Books account all squared away! If you haven't signed up for Netgalley yet, you should definitely check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your boss sounds like my kind of person! lol Impromptu long weekends are always amazing! Your mom sounds like such a wonderful lady...I hope you have a wonderful Mother's day together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. At least the super busy week ended on a good note! That's so sweet how much you love seeing updates about your nephew! babies just grow so darn fast! Good luck with your goals this month -- it's so great when you can get them accomplished! happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete