Friday, May 27, 2016

Friday Favorites 5.27.16



Happy Friday!  Anyone else ready for the long weekend?!


As I mentioned earlier this week, I am taking today off so my holiday weekend is extra long.  It's always nice to have a little extra time away from work, especially when that time is going to be spent hanging out with family!  Definitely a top favorite this week!


Another favorite - covered parking at work.  The company I work for has two parking garages for employee use.  It's super handy when the weather is bad.  Yesterday we had some crazy storm in the morning, complete with a little bit of hail.  While I didn't quite make it out the door in time to miss the start of the storm, my car was safely tucked inside for the rest of the day.  I don't have covered parking at my apartment, so it is nice that I know my car is at least safe while I am at work! 


The one good thing about the rain is the opportunity to wear my Hunter rain boots.  I bought these a few years ago, and honestly, I thought they were going to a be super impractical purchase that I would hardly ever wear.  I was so wrong!  Obviously, they aren't something to wear everyday, but I am pleasantly surprised with the amount of use I have gotten out of them.  I even wore them into work on Thursday, changing into my other shoes once I got inside, but they definitely saved me from wet shoes, feet and legs on the way to my car.


Working TVs at the gym.  About a week ago, the TVs on the individual machines at the gym were out of commission.  Luckily they were back on this week.  Having something to watch and zone in on makes working out so much easier for me!


Rooster Crawl!  In my weekend recap on Monday, I mentioned volunteering at  Provident's After School Circus this past weekend.  Provident has another event coming up, the Rooster Crawl (a bar crawl), which is put on by the group I am involved in.  We just started our ticket sales this week!  This is our first year for the bar crawl and we are super excited!  Our hope is to have this become an annual event to raise money and awareness for Provident.  While I know everyone is spread across the country, if you know of anyone in the St. Louis area that would be interested, please feel free to send them the link!


I hope everyone has a fabulous holiday weekend!


Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 

13 comments:

  1. Enjoy your long weekend, lady! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to Hunters and Rooster Crawls and Yay to you sweet girl! Cheers to the BEST Holiday weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for being off work today! You are going to enjoy your 4 day weekend and it makes next week seem much shorter! Love that your work has covered parking--so jealous! Have a great weekend, Emily!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your extra long weekend!!! Hopefully you wont need to wear those Hunter boots a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a wonderful time with your family and good idea to take today off to make it a longer long weekend. Covered parking is definitely great for bad weather. I've been caught in the rain several times since we have a regular parking lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a fab long weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy every second of your long weekend gurlie! Yay for covered parking at work, I so miss that and any excuse to wear your Hunters! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is soooo nice that you have covered parking at work... I wouldn't even know what to do with myself! And I'm with you on the Hunter boots... I love mine so much! Enjoy your day off today and enjoy your extra extra long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i totally agree - i bought some hunters last year and i felt a bit foolish even though i got them on crazy sale, and i have worn them SO much. i wish i had gotten them sooner. enjoy your extra long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for an extended weekend day! I looove my rainboots too and even though they're on the pricey side they're definitely worth it-- so comfortable too! Your volunteer group sounds so nice- I love the fun variety of activities you do.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you enjoy your extra day off and your Memorial weekend! Yay for covered parking, I usually make a beeline for the door from my car when it's raining outside, but wish we had something covered.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, the Rooster Crawl sounds like so much fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i hope you had a nice long weekend!! i want some hunter boots so badly i can't stand it!!

    ReplyDelete