Friday, May 20, 2016

Friday Favorites 5.20.16

via 

Happy, happy Friday!  Let's get to it, shall we?

1.  New York!  I was in New York earlier this week for work.  It was my first and I loved it.  You can check out what we did the first evening here, and then next week I will be sharing a little bit about our trip to the NYSE.

2.  As I mentioned, work brought me to New York.  While we were there we had a big meeting, so the fact that I am back means the meeting is over and hopefully work should get more "normal" for the next few weeks.  Thank goodness!

3.  Again another work favorite, but such has been my life lately.  One of the ladies I was working on the big presentation with called me today.  Just to see how things went.  How nice is that?!  Even though it was like a quick, one minute phone call, I found it very thoughtful.  I definitely look forward to working with her again next year!

4.  I finally picked up a new pair of running shoes.  I needed them pretty badly, but was putting it off.  I found these at Kohl's and love them.  The blue color is so pretty and the pop of pink is so fun - not to mention, they are on sale!



5.  Dinner at home.  I haven't cooked a ton lately, but last night I did and it was just nice.  Nice to eat something I made myself.  I love, love going out to eat, but sometimes you just want a home-cooked meal.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 

23 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your work trip was a success and that things will be a bit more normal for the upcoming weeks! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully work can scale back a bit for you and you can just relax! And I love those running shoes! I need a new pair of running shoes myself. Happy Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay to those cute new running shoes..such pretty colors! Hope you have the BEST weekend pretty girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would loooove to be sent to NYC for work! Yes please! And hurray for new shoes! I love the colours too :)
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI FRIEND, I'm back and so excited to catch up on you blog :)! Wooohoo NYC, such a fun city to visit, double fun when it's not on your dime. THose shoes look perfect for running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY for NYC and how sweet is it that your coworker called to check on how your presentation went. Have a great weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad your trip went well! It's so nice a coworker called just to hear how it went!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun in NYC! What a sweet coworker you have. Hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was so nice of your coworker to call and see how it went! Those running shoes are so cute, love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad that the NYC trip was fun and you're still reveling in that! That was super sweet of your coworker!
    Sometimes a nice home cooked meal is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's nothing like eating a home cooked meal after being out of town for a while! Hopefully things will be getting back to normal for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for new running shoes! It's always the best feeling ever when you get a new pair.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a great time in NYC! It's a great city with so much to see, eat, and do! Have a great weekend and make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear more about the NYSE! :) And your new running shoes are SUPER cute- great find!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Traveling always nice, but it's also always nice to come home to your own bed and your own things. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay for everything going great at work and a trip to NYC! Hoping things slow down and are more normal for you soon, Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your running shoes! I need some new ones, too. I may have to check those out. I always going good coupons sat Kohls, too! I bought my converse there for 30% off. Score! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your running shoes! Asics are my go to running shoe!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah cooking! Something so comforting about that, right? Especially when you've been traveling at eating out a ton. Glad your trip to NYC went well! Hope you get a chance to rest up this weekend and thanks for linking up with us at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never been to New York but really want to go! I'm so glad you loved it! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man I miss New York- I think we're visiting this summer. There's nothing like it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy weekend!!! I can't wait to hear more about the NYSE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's sweet to get a quick phone call from someone checking in on you. It's also great time to make home cooked meals because you can make them as healthy as you want and probably save money too.

    ReplyDelete