Friday, May 13, 2016

Friday Favorites 5.13.16

Happy Friday!  I have a bunch of random favorites this week.

Morgan Stewart's wedding look.  She looked flawless.  I am obsessed.  Her wedding was this past weekend and you can bet I was checking out the #fitzperfectly on instagram Sunday.  If you aren't familiar with her, she is on Rich Kids of Beverly Hills.  That show is outrageous and so hilarious. 


#RichKids of Beverly Hills' Morgan Stewart's wedding
via 

No more mice!  This past weekend I realized I had some little visitors in my apartment.  After my initial freak out, I calmed down enough to contact the apartment office.  They came, put mouse traps down and now the mice are gone...hopefully.  They set a few more traps out and they have stayed empty so far.  Fingers crossed it says that way!  While I love having the trees behind me, but I guess there is a downside, too.  And the fact that my apartment isn't exactly new.  Anyways, the main point is they are gone (hopefully)!

Wednesday night was a late night at the office for me.  I was starving so I checked out the vending machine for some dinner options.  I bought a bag of chips and when they were falling down, they snagged a bag of peanut M&M's that must have gotten stuck for someone else.  I got a two for one!  Such a nice surprise.  While it wasn't the healthiest dinner ever, it kept me going which was what I needed.

Another Wednesday night story.  I have this plant at work that is from my grandpa's funeral - it has been with me since 2012.  This plant has been through it all - 2 buildings, multiple offices/cubes (to attempt to get natural sunlight), no water, over watering...you name it.  The cleaning lady was coming around Wednesday evening and she came over and started talking to me a little bit.  She had a heavy accent, but she basically told me that she was helping me take care of my plant.  She picked off a dead leaf and gave it a little more water while we chatted a bit.  Just really meant a lot that with all the other things she has to do cleaning-wise, she takes the time to help take care of my plant.

I apologize, because this is another work story, but I am seriously so excited about it.  During my upcoming trip work trip to New York, I get to go to the New York Stock Exchange!  My boss set up an appointment with our contact for a little tour.  We even have it timed so that we will be there for the opening bell.

This weekend should be a good one.  A break from work and a baby shower to celebrate my favorite soon-to-be mom.  Hope yours is great!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda. 

17 comments:

  1. I was really surprised with her choice of wedding dress, but it totally worked for her!! Oh my gosh how fun that you're going to tour the NYSE - very awesome! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of her before but it looks like she had a gorgeous wedding! Not sure I'd want my stomach in all of my wedding photos for years to come though haha
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about Morgan's look! I loved it and I loved checking their hashtag on instagram! I'm a little behind this season so I've got a few shows to catch up on on the DVR--I love their show! Hope you have a great weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Rich Kids - Morgan looked stunning! Going to the stock exchange would be so fun! So glad you got the mice problem fixed.. I would have totally freaked out! haha. -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE her wedding dress! Wow, she looks gorgeous! Have a great weekend, yay for no work! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  6. The wedding dress looked amazing on her (what wouldn't!?) But kept thinking about all the crap Scheana (from Vanderpump Rules) got for her midriff wedding dress! Adorable story about the plant!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  7. NYSE!! That will be so awesome! We were outside the building in September, but we've never been inside.

    Also, I have no idea who that is, but she is gorgeous and her dress is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how cool you get to go to the stock exchange! I've been outside.. its' crazy how many cops are posted up outside all the time. what a cool experience!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe that you had mice in your apartment! Fingers crossed that they really are all gone! That's so cool that you got to visit the NYSE! I would probably be nerding out too! I hope you have a great weekend away from work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun that you get to go to NYSE while you're in NYC! Brian would die! That boy is a trading fool and I'm sure he would love to see how it all goes down in person. Hope you have the best weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. She looks gorgeous in that picture, I'll have to check her other photos out! How awesome that you get to be there for the opening bell, sounds awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh, yikes! Sorry about the mice! I hope they're gone for good and you don't have to deal with them anymore this year. I had those little critters in my apartment last year (I lived by a creek..), and they never went away, so I basically couldn't ever keep food in my pantry! It was awful!

    Hope you have a blast at the baby shower!
    -Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yuck to the mice- we've dealt with them a couple of times in our house and I always freak out too, ha! Glad it sounds like your complex took care of it right away! And what a sweet cleaning lady, it really is the little things that mean the most!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so sweet that the cleaner helps keep your plant alive especially since it has such sentimental value. That's so exciting about visiting the NY Stock Exchange! Take lots of pics if they allow you to.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved Morgan Stewart's look too! I'm not usually a fan of the crop top wedding dresses but hers was super classy! I follow her and Dorothy Wang on snapchat and it was really cool to get an inside peek at the wedding festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not familiar with that show but that dress is gorgeous! I can't even imagine doing a crop top wedding dress but she looks great. Mice are awful! We had one in our apartment this past winter & I freaked out when I saw it running across the kitchen floor. We haven't seen any since but yes, our apartments are "new" either which I imagine doesn't help! Hope you're having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay her wedding dress is my dream. Too bad I already got married..maybe we'll have to do a 2nd wedding so I can wear that lol.
    Blessed Messes

    ReplyDelete