Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Book Club: Thirty Days to Thirty

The other day I ordered a bunch of books from Amazon.  I figure I have been working a lot of overtime, I have been compiling a list of books I want to actually purchase a hard copy of, rather than just on my Kindle - I just decided to go ahead and treat myself!



One of the books on the list was Thirty Days to Thirty by Courtney Psak.  I read about this book on Biana's blog.  Considering I am turning 30 next year, I thought it was very fitting.  The premise of the story is that a girl is turning 30 in just over a month and in one day her whole world falls apart.  She realizes that not only is she not becoming a partner in her firm like she had been hoping for, she is being let go all together AND her boyfriend of 6 years is cheating on her...with his secretary.  Talk about double whammy.  She moves back home, finds a list that she wrote when she was 18 of 30 things she wanted to do before she was 30, and proceeds to try to accomplish them in the 30 days she has left before her birthday.


I enjoyed this book a lot.  It was a good story and had a happy ending, which is my favorite.  It's a book about finding yourself, but it doesn't get too deep, which I think is a good thing in this case since I think it is supposed to be more of a fun read.  If I had to say anything bad about this book, it would be that it seems extremely unrealistic to me.  But, I feel like that is why you read these types of books - a little escape from reality.


Reading Thirty Days to Thirty has made me think about making a 30 before 30 list for myself.  I am not quite set on doing it, but still something I am mulling over.  If I do, I will make sure to share.


What about you?  Do you have any type of bucket list? 

12 comments:

  1. You should totally do a bucket list like that before you turn 30! I may do that too--I turn 29 at the end of this year and may start my list then. What book are you going to read next?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love book suggestions!! I hadn't heard of this one but sounds cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I added it to my TBR list after Biana talked about it on her blog too! I'm turning 30 next year, and I have to admit that I'm a little freaked out about it, so this book would probably be something that I'd really enjoy. I actually ended up starting a 101 in 1001 list, and it's been fun trying to see what all I can accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you found a good, easy enjoyable book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started a 30 before 30 list in my drafts this morning! This sounds like such a cute story-- even if it was a little on the unrealistic side. Buying actual books is such a treat when you're used to the library or just getting ebooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard about this book and really want to read it! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonder if I can still read this as an old lady of 35??? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this on Biana's blog and I put it in my wishlist then, but I haven't gotten it yet. I'm glad to hear that you liked it, too! And you should totally make a list of things to do before you turn 30... that would make for a really good post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seems like a cute book! Sometimes those "escape from reality books" are exactly what we need.
    That could be fun to do a 30 before 30 list! I've considered it, but I want to make sure that I can still remember that everything cool in life doesn't have to happen before age 30...I have a list of things I want to do in life, but a lot of them could happen when I'm 35, or 50, or 80!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds really good! Adding it to my to read list! The storyline reminds me of I movie I watched I think but I can remember which one...

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a great and fun read :) definitely adding it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh i'm glad you liked it, i added it to my list after seeing Biana talk about it. i like a little light, fluffy, unrealistic read sometimes :) why not!

    ReplyDelete