Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  This weekend was really nice - hopefully it means the work week to follow will be just as great!

Friday was rough.  Work was tough, I stayed longer than I had hoped, it just was a long day to the end of a long week.  However, it was nothing that Modern Family couldn't fix!  That show always makes good laughs and lifted moods.

We took a little day trip on Saturday which was so much fun!  We headed about an hour and half outside of St. Louis to Fulton, Missouri.  This is the location of Westminster College, where Winston Churchill gave his "Iron Curtain" speech.  The original reason for the trip was to check out the museum.  However, when we got there, we first stopped to grab a bite to eat.  It just so happened that this weekend was the Morels & Microbrew Festival.  We ended up spending the day in the Brick District at the festival - more on that tomorrow!  When we got back into town, we decided to check out the Elvis & Nixon movie.  It was good!  If you like Elvis, Nixon, or are interested in politics at the time, then this movie is for you.

Sunday was another gorgeous day.  I did my normal gym, grocery shopping, cleaning, but made sure to spend some time relaxing.  I sat outside and read, which was so nice!  

Now on to the work week - it's going to be another busy one, but I have hopes that by the time Friday afternoon rolls around, things will be better.



Linking up with Biana.

23 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great weekend!! How interesting that you went to where Churchill gave his speech and then followed it up with some more history and watching that movie!! Hope you have a great Monday! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh day trips are always so fun! I can't wait to read about yours!!! Don't work too hard this week ;)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you guys stumbled into even more fun than you were anticipating on Saturday! The whole weekend sounded like it was a great way to unwind after a tough work week. Hoping today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sundays are the best day to recharge for the week ahead! Hope you're beautiful weather streak continues pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun weekend! Modern Family marathons are definitely my favorite. Glad to hear a good review about Elvis & Nixon - I really want to see it!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Modern Family on Friday nights! And sitting outside and reading on a Sunday is so perfect! Have a great day girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope your work week flies by, girl! It helps being so much closer to summer and long, sunny days :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had gorgeous weather as well! Sounds like a great weekend!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had a good weekend even after being stuck late at work on Friday. Day trips are always so much fun because you don't have to deal with a hotel (or packing). Modern Family is one of those shows I want to watch from the beginning one day- every time I catch an episode it makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a fun weekend minus Friday at work! I love doing little day trips, especially as the weather gets nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun, impromptu Saturday! Sounds so fun :) I love Elvis so I think I would love that movie!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend! Love getting in extra time outside to just relax!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you had a nice weekend! We were debating the Elvis & Nixon movie, but I couldn't decide if it would be stupid because you never know with Johnny Knoxville! We'll have to check it out! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love fun little day trips! I hope your week goes by fast and is a great one!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry you had a rough day on Friday... it was actually a rough day at my office as well. I swear it was like everyone was just crazy or something! Maybe it was the full moon?! Lol. I hope your week this week is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. the festival sounds really interesting, as does that movie, i'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sucks that your Friday didn't start off so great, but it sounds like everything very quickly turned around! That's so awesome that y'all stumbled upon that brewery festival! It's always the best when you find something random like that when you're traveling. Reading a book outside sounds so amazing right now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun! There are so many places in Missouri I need to get too. This was my first time ever in St. Louis this past wekeend and we had a great time!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry Friday was so rough, but yay for a great weekend! Cheers to a fabulous week gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope this week treats you better than last week! Sounds like a fun day trip on Saturday and some relaxing on Sunday to cap off the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope this week isn't too bad, but yes to Modern Family fixing any problems! Glad you got to have a fun and enjoyable weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Little road trips like that are so much fun! I love everything about that time period so I think I need to see that Elvis & Nixon movie!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete