Monday, April 18, 2016

Weekend Recap



Whew - what a weekend!  I got so much done, thanks to the help of my mom, that the weekend seemed like it was longer than just 2 days.

Friday night was pretty low-key.  I ended up having to work a little bit later than expected, so we had to forego a movie and just went with dinner out.  It was a really nice time!

Early Saturday I spent some time preparing for my mom to arrive.  When she got here, we immediately headed to the mall.  I need some new shoes for work, so we were on a mission.  We didn't have a ton of luck, but I was able to find a pair of navy pumps at Dillards.  The brand is Calvin Klein, they actually had them at Macy's, too, but just not in my size.  My mom treated me to this super cute green gingham top from The Limited.  We were walking out and spotted it on the mannequin...luckily it was my size!  It's super soft and really light, perfect for these warmer temps!

We stopped at the grocery store after shopping and picked up the ingredients to make this Grilled Chicken and Grape Salad - so good!  After dinner we tackled the cabinets underneath my sink.  I had been wanting to organize it for awhile, but never did.  Luckily with my mom's help and a quick trip to Target, it is all set to go!

We had an even more productive day on Sunday.  It started out with a quick walk around the area.  I just love when the mornings are a bit cooler - perfect start to the day.  We did a lot of  deep cleaning.  And more cleaning...and more cleaning.  It feels so good to get that stuff done.  I am super thankful my mom came to help - she really gets my butt in gear and do things I may otherwise just push off to another time.  One of my favorite things we did yesterday was give my balcony a mini makeover.  I can't wait to spend evenings outside, eating dinner or having a drink while enjoying this gorgeous weather.

It was a whirlwind of a weekend and boy, am I tired.  My mom is just so full of energy, it's hard to keep up sometimes.  I am so very thankful that she was able to come.  And so very thankful that she was willing to be put to work!

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana.

This post contains affiliated links.

25 comments:

  1. that's wonderful you were able to spend time with your mom!! and to go shopping--score! sounds like a great weekend full of things to do and get done! isn't that the best when you get your shopping list accomplished? or at least one thing on it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and your mom had a great weekend together! Love that gingham top--gingham is such a classic print that you'll be able to wear it for years. Can't wait to see what your balcony looks like!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of your mom to come and help you with the deep clean...and some shopping - which is always fun with mom!! Happy monday girl!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love spending time with my mom, mine is the same way, so up beat, energetic and ready for anything! New reader from Biana! Happy Monday! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom visits are the best--they always know how to do stuff or get things done the best! :) Can't wait to see your deck makeover! Love that green top! I got a blue and white one this weekend and am obsessed! Hope you have a nice quick Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like had such a great weekend full of getting stuff done! That was so sweet that your mom came in town to help you out! You must feel ready to take on the week with everything so clean and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Mall days with mom and for her amazing help! Glad it was productive for you, such a good feeling! I hope you have a marvelous Monday beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha my mom is the same way! I have NO idea how she does it all and has so much energy! Pinned that salad recipe- it looks so simple and easy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for redoing your balcony area! Having a cute little place outside is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY for a productive weekend! And loving that gingham shirt you got, I've been wanting one myself for the spring! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nothing beats spending a weekend with mom! And getting treated to a new top doesn't hurt either :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for mall days! I needed navy pumps last year for our wedding and they were surprsingly hard to find!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for time spent with mom and shopping! Glad you had such a productive and fun weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's so nice to have HELP with that kind of thing! Yay for Moms!!! Nice job! I'm sure you could use another weekend now of rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww! Glad you had a fun and productive visit!! I want my mommy to visit!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  16. getting a good deep clean on is such a good way to start Spring out!! I need to do the same at my house!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read a quote once that I think is so true, "life doesn't come with a manual, it comes with a mom"! That's so sweet she helped you and you girls had quality time together! Happy Monday!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  18. Woohoo for getting all that done this weekend!! I definitely needed an extra day this weekend, but wish I was as productive with getting stuff done around the house like you were. I love that gingham top, so cute and perfect for this spring/early summer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shopping with mom is just the best! Love that top!! That salad looks so good, too. I am loving any salad with something sweet these days!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love a good productive weekend! Sometimes those are my favorite! So if you're all done cleaning now, feel free to bring it on over to my house because it is currently in desperate need of some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nothing like a visit from mom!! :) Mine always gets me in gear to finish projects/do things too hehe! Love that green top you snagged!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I LOVE a productive weekend! My kitchen cabinets are a disaster things fall on me every time I open them.. it's on the list ha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds like a very productive weekend!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure spending time with your mom was so good for your soul! Shopping, cleaning, cooking and quality time together sounds like a great way to spend the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like such a good weekend with your mom! And so productive too! That's awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete