Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuna Salad

I have another one of my mom's recipes to share with you today.  When my mom comes to visit, she usually brings food, too!  We eat while she is here, and then I get to eat on the leftovers, which is always nice for me.  This weekend she brought tuna salad.  Just love her tuna salad.  It's one of my favorite lunches for spring/summer.  Just very refreshing and so very delicious!


Tuna Salad
1 large can (12 oz.) chunk tuna in water
1/2 c. chopped celery
1 t. finely minced onion
1 heaping T. sweet pickle relish
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1/8 t. black pepper
Pinch of salt
1/4-1/3 c. mayonnaise (or any amount to get the consistency/creaminess that you like)

Drain tuna, and place in bowl.  Add the celery, onion, pickle relish, and seasonings.  Stir in desired amount of mayo.  Then gently fold in chopped eggs.  Refrigerate, and enjoy!  

Serve on bread as a sandwich or on top of lettuce/greens.

Linking up with LauraJennMackensey, and Mary.  

18 comments:

  1. I'm a huge fan of tuna!! The sweet pickle relish is a fun addition! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not usually a very big tuna fan but I bet this recipe is really good with the extra relish!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge seafood fan but give me a good chicken salad sandwich any day! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tuna salad! I always add some relish to mine too--a trick my dad taught me growing up. My husband was like "why are you putting that in there" the first time I made it and now he loves it! I never thought about putting hard boiled egg in there but that's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love tuna sandwiches!! i just leave out the egg bc i'm weird, hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so weird and only like tuna plain (literally right out of the can) on toast with melted cheese on top, haha. But this sounds really similar to how my husband makes tuna with the relish mixed in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy! My mom would add noodles to hers so it could be a meal as well without bread.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love tuna. my current 'salad' is tuna, corn, chickpeas and mayo. sounds weird, but it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of putting hard boiled eggs in it!! I haven't thought of that. this sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds so delicious! I love when I get leftovers from my mom! It always makes me so excited for meals throughout the week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My husband is a big tuna sandwich fan so he would love it! I'll need to try this out for him!

    xo,Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds so good! The same thing happens when my parents come over.. food for daysss

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! It's been so long since I've had tuna salad, and now I'm totally craving a sandwich!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems like we both had a type of salad on our mind today! This sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do love a good tuna salad sandwich! Adding boiled eggs is a great idea, Will try your version next time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love eating tuna! Although mine is really boring--just tuna and mayo. I love it because it's such a good source of protein
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  17. i never get to have tuna because my family doesn't care for it...sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love my mom's tuna salad recipe too! So fun that your mom brings food for you when she visits! I may need to mention this to my mom. ;)

    ReplyDelete