Friday, April 8, 2016

Friday Favorites 4.8.16

TGIF!!! I for one could not be any happier to be able to say that! Hope you all have an awesome Friday! #TGIF #longweek:
via 

Another Friday is upon us!  I have to say I am a bit excited to have a low-key weekend ahead of me.  After traveling the past two, I am ready to relax.

1.  The Boss.  I am SO excited to see this movie.  I think Melissa McCarthy is hilarious and I feel like I have been waiting a long time for this movie to come out.  I actually thought it came out last month, so needless to say I was super disappointed when I realized my mistake.  I was in Girl Scouts growing up, so I appreciate the plot, as well as the other cast members.  Fingers crossed it is as good as I am hoping!

2.  Italian Dressing Grilled Chicken.  This is one of my favorite ways to grill chicken and I had forgotten about it for so long until just recently.  My mom taught me to do this when I moved away to college and it has never failed me.  All you do is marinade chicken breasts in Italian dressing, then grill.  I like to marinade overnight, but even just an hour will give the chicken good flavor.  So easy and so delicious.

3.  New York City!  I just found out this week that I will be traveling to New York City for work next month.  I am so excited to have this opportunity for work, not to mention just going to
NYC.  I have never been, and while it is a very short work trip, I am still just so excited!    


4.  Smashburger Buffalo Fries.  I had these fries the other day at lunch and oh my word, they are amazing!    Shoe string fries with a buffalo seasoning - delicious.  I am not usually big on fries, but these are dangerous.

5.  One of my goals for this month is to eat a salad a week for dinner.  Emily posted a bunch of different salad ideas earlier this week - perfect timing for me!  I can't wait to check out some of the recipes this weekend and hopefully make a few this month.  

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda.  


28 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh you have a smash burger too?? I thought it was only local! They have the best fries! Also, I am so jealous that you travel so much for work. I've been wanting to go to NYC for a long time now, so i'll be waiting for that recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see The Boss!!! Maybe I can talk Dustin into going to see it this weekend--Melissa McCarthy is hilarious and so I bet the movie will be. And NYC for work?!?! You are so lucky! I want to go there sometime--love that you get to go for work....maybe you can squeeze in some sight-seeing and shopping!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Boss - the commercials crack me up!! Yay for a trip to NYC even if it is for work it will be fun!! Happy Friday! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily's salads looked fantastic. Yeah on the BOSS, I want to hear if you like it cause I love Melissa too. I hope your weekend is fun and happy and super great for a super great gal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! Hooray for a trip to NYC! I love it there! :) Thanks for the salad link - I'm going to check out her recommendations. Enjoy your low key weekend, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a trip to NYC! Hopefully you'll get to go out and explore a bit even though it's a work trip.
    Those buffalo fries sound SO good!! I'd eat some now, at 8 am if they were in front of me haha
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY for a trip to NYC! Even if it is for work! And those buffalo fries sound amazing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see that movie too! LOVE her. Have a great weekend :)
    Www.keepingupwithkategriff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes with the italian grilled chicken!! I'm all about using salad dressing and salad dressing "packets" for marinades! Balsamic dressing is another great marinade, as is ranch packets mixed with olive oil :) Yay for a trip to NYC too! I love traveling for work (minus the actual working part, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Going to NYC?! yay that will be so fun!!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your food points sound heavenly! I'm checking out those salads too! I need to eat more salad. I've never heard of smashburger is it local to where you live? Or just everywhere?

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I looove Smashburger!! I haven't tried those fries, but they sound so good! I also cannot wait to see The Boss - Melissa McCarthy is the best! Have a great weekend.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. Never had smashburger but NOW I WANT IT! Those salads look delicious and excited for the Boss too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh hey girl! Thanks for the shout out! I hope you find some recipes that you love. I love having salads for dinner. So exciting about NYC!! I adore that city and I know you will too. I love Melissa McCarthy so I defintiely need to see the Boss. She always cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm looking forward to a mellow weekend too! That chicken sounds easy and delicious...perfect weeknight dinner! Have a great weekend! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have fun in NY!!! It's a great city!! I'm so excited to see The Boss too!! It looks soooo funny!!! Ooo a salad everyday for dinner sounds perfect! I'll have to try that next week!! =)

    Have a lovely weekend! Melanie | Blog: Toots + Dill

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Italian Dressing Grilled Chicken sounds DELISH! And yayyyy for a work trip to NYC, one of my favorite cities! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want to see The Boss! It looks hilarious!

    And you lucky girl! NYC is one of my favorite places ever! You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is honestly one of my favorite ways to eat chicken too!! The Italian dressing is just perfect and so simple, love it! WAHOO to a trip to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to eat more salads! And The Boss does look super funny.

    ReplyDelete
  21. My mom taught me to do the Italian dressing chicken too! It really is so simple and delicious! NYC is amazing - you will love it. I'm only about an hour and a half away but I don't get there nearly enough. Hopefully you can get some sightseeing in between your work stuff! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did you see Melissa and Jimmy Lip sunc battle this week?!! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Boss looks like it will he so funny! NYC will be so much fun. I went a few years back and I'm dying to go again! Enjoy your weekend! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Boss really does look hilarious! I hope you can see it this weekend! That's so exciting that you're headed to NYC for work! It's always the best when you get to travel somewhere fun and the office pays for it! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Buffalo fries sound heavenly! I love Melissa McCarthy, totally want to see The Boss. I've never been to NYC either so I'm jealous! How awesome that you get to go!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm really excited to see The Boss too! I love Melissa McCarthy (or Sookie as I know her). Yay for the upcoming NYC trip!! I love that city!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Smashbox is one of my favorite burger places, but I've never had those fries... I love buffalo sauce so that needs to change! And so exciting that you're headed to nyc for a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love Smashburger! I got the pretzel bun once and I fell in love! So good!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete