Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Favorites 4.15.16

via 

It's Friday!  Here are my favorites on this lovely Friday...

1.  Mom's coming to town!  My mom is coming to visit this weekend and I am so excited.  We are going to be doing a little bit of shopping and a whole lot of cleaning.  This weekend is supposed to be gorgeous, too, so I am sure we will be venturing outside for some walks to enjoy the weather.

2.  Real Housewives of Dallas.  I love the Real Housewives shows, so I was excited that the franchise was expanding to another city.  I watched the first episode and I am not really sure my feelings on the show yet, but I definitely will keep on watching.

3.  The Biggest Winners.  There is a weight loss competition (called The Biggest Winners) going on at work for the next 8 weeks.  It is a team competition, so 4 coworkers and I have formed a team.  While I really have no expectations, I have already found myself being more motivated to stay active and eat better.  I think it is the fact that we are on a team - the possible guilt of letting down everyone else is keeping me accountable.

4.  Spring catalogs.  I received the Nordstrom spring catalog in the mail this week.  I am lusting after this chambray dress.  I feel like it would be the perfect dress for this summer. 



5.  Breakfast bowls.  I mentioned on Monday that I made breakfast bowls on Sunday to eat throughout the week.  They turned out great!  I definitely plan on making them again.  It took less than an hour to prep and only takes a few minutes in the microwave to heat up in the morning.  So easy!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, Katie and Amanda. 

This post contained an affiliated link.

25 comments:

  1. I'm with you on RHOD...Ill hang in there for a bit and see where it goes but I'm not sold yet.
    Have SO much fun with your mom this weekend--mom time is the best time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a lovely weekend with your mom!! I'm with you on Dallas...not quite sure what I think yet!! Happy Friday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved those breakfast bowls! Yay for mom coming to town, I hope you two have the BEST time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear being part of s weight loss group can be very effective! Have fun with your mom this weekend!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. Swinging over from Friday Favorites! I didn't realize RHOD was airing already! Woohoo! I feel like the first few episodes of any new Housewives show is rocky, so hopefully it picks up a little bit. Hope you have a great weekend with your Mom! Would love to have you join us at the High Five for Friday link up!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chambray dress! I think it's adorable! Breakfast bowls sound so yummy! I may have to put them on the menu for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those breakfast bowls look super easy and delicious! I'll have to check them out and see about making them in the AMs. Hope you have a fun weekend with your mom visiting!!! Those are the best weekends ever!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun this weekend! My friend worked on filming the Real Housewives of Dallas I didn't know it was on already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for your mom coming to spend the weekend with you! I love that! I loved when my mom would come visit me in college--always the best time when mom is there! And I've recorded the Dallas housewives....maybe I can watch it soon!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have the best time with your mom this weekend!! The jury's still out on RHOD with me too...I'm not really a fan of those women so far. That dress is super cute!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for a visit from momma! I hope you two have a blast together! I'm excited about the gorgeous weather we're supposed to be getting too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad the breakfast bowls were a success!! Enjoy your mom's visit! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for mom coming to visit and the Nordstrom spring catalog! I finally watched the new Dallas Housewives last night, and I'm not sure what to think either. I'll give them a few more episodes before I give up. Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those breakfast bowls sound so good! I usually make an egg casserole for the week, but that's getting old so I definitely need to try something new!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I NEED a chambray dress this year! I wanted one all of last year and never found one I liked but that one is sooo cute.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That chambray dress is gorgeous. So classy! Have fun with your mom this weekend... I know that will be good for your soul!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a fun weekend with your Mom! I love shopping with my Mom too, that's something we always do together. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the idea of teams for that weight loss challenge, that would definitely motivate me because i wouldn't want to let other people down. that chambray dress is so cute! hope you have the best weekend with your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that you have the best time with your mom this weekend! There's really nothing like getting to spend a ton of time with your mom! I still haven't watched Real Housewives of Dallas yet! I have it recorded, and I can't wait to sit down and actually watch it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for your mom being in town, I'm sure you'll have a blast with her! I felt the same way with the Real Housewives of Dallas, I don't like the women on that show...so immature and obnoxious, hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving that dress! A team challenge would definitely be a good motivator. Have an awesome time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Breakfast bowls sounds like a great idea for quick week day breakfasts! I'd love the recipe you used. Have a nice weekend with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I saw The Real Housewives of Dallas and I also don't know what to think! They are so ridiculous... but I'm not sure if that makes them annoying or makes for good drama! I'm most likely going to give it another chance.

    Have a great weekend with your mom! xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the chambray dress! Hope you have a great weekend with your mom!

    ReplyDelete