Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Favorites 4.1.16

via 

Holy cow...it's April!  How did that even happen?  I am just happy it is Friday.  This week has been a long one for sure.  Between traveling for Easter and having so much going on at work, I am super worn out.  

My favorites start out this week with my Tuesday post.  I was having a bit of trouble coming up with a blog post idea, when I remembered I had seen the idea of posting about blogs you read.  Since there was no way I was going to even attempt to narrow down my favorite, I decided to take a look back at the few blogs I have been reading for years.  The blogs that made me want to start blogging.  My favorite part of that whole post were your comments.  It was so fun to see which blogs influenced you all.  What I thought was even neater was the fact that a few blogs were mentioned multiple times and they were blogs I have never heard of!  Anyway, I just thoroughly enjoyed reading your comments, so thank you for taking the time to leave them.

Essie Pedal Pushers.  This Easter Bunny (aka my mom) left this polish in my Easter bag this past weekend.  I used it earlier this week and LOVE the color.  The description says slate gray, but I would characterize it as more of a subtle, stormy blue color.  No matter how you see it - it is just gorgeous.  I try not to go too crazy with my nail polish because of work, but I feel like the blue in this is subtle and neutral enough that it totally works.

Another two Easter presents I was so excited about are these two books: Turning the Tables by Teresa Guidice and Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews.  They were both on my "want" list and I can't wait to read them!

Irish Cheddar Cheese.  So good.  If you like regular cheddar cheese, then you should try this kind.  It is a great addition to any cheese plate!

On a much more serious note, I have some very sad news.  One of my uncles passed away unexpectedly this week.  I ask for you to keep my family, especially my aunt and cousins, in your thoughts and prayers.  

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda. 


24 comments:

  1. The struggle to wear the polish colors we like and be work appropriate is always tough!! The way you described that one sounds so pretty!! Need to check out their new collection! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you got the new MKA book! I haven't read her past 2 books, so I plan on catching up this summer. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Prayers for your family!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for some new Essie polish! I seriously think it's the best. I used to scoff at the price tag but it works SO much better than a lot of the other brands I've found.
    I hope you have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your favourite blog posts! And I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. Thinking of you and your family!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. Essie is just the best and I think I need some Irish cheese on my next cheese plate, lol!! Yum!! I hope your weekend is fabulous gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been wanting to read Teresa's new book!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know how Beach House is! I want to read that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for April and it being Friday - woo! So sorry to hear about your Uncle :( xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your uncle :(.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved your post on the blogs that got you started too- it's so fun to read about how people got into blogging. I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle & will keep you & your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Theresa's book! So sorry to hear about your uncle :( Prayers for you and your family!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a big Essie lover and haven't seen that color, so I will for sure look for it! So sorry to hear about your uncle...I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Essie color is too pretty! And yessss to Teresa's new book, I can't wait to scoop that and Lauren Conrad's new party planning book up <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry to hear about your Uncle. I'll be thinking about you friend. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle, friend. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh i'm so sorry about your uncle.
    that essie polish sounds lovely, but i have the worst luck with essie. it peels straight off no matter what i do! i keep going back for more though lol
    mm irish cheddar cheese sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my lord. So sorry to hear about your uncle. Sending you and your family my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear about your uncle girl, I lost my uncle a few years ago and he was super young. It's such a hard time, but I will be praying for you and your family. Ill have to check out that nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way. May his memory be eternal.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm trying to get caught up on all the blogs I missed this week, and I can't wait to read about what blogs influenced you! I'll make sure to read through the comments too! I'm so sorry about your uncle! Thoughts and prayers with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a huge cheese fan, so I need to try the Irish cheddar... where do you get yours? Do they carry it at regular grocery stores or do you have to get it at some kind of specialty store?

    ReplyDelete
  22. And I totally clicked publish before I was done typing! I was also going to say that I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete