Thursday, April 21, 2016

Confessions

Time to confess...

I am over driving.  I feel like every time I head out, I see horrible drivers that frustrate the heck out of me.  People not driving the speed limit, people who don't know how to stay in their lane, people who drive massive cars, but don't know how to drive them...really the list could go on and on.  I was behind a person the other day that just swerved between two lanes...for no reason!  There were no cars around, I just don't think they knew which one they wanted to drive in.  Another day, I was behind a car that decided it needed to drive in both lanes at the same time...that's safe.  And of course, the person in the large SUV - please stay in your own lane.  They were turning left, but instead of getting all the way in the turn lane, they decided it wasn't large enough and they needed to be in both the turn lane and the lane going straight.  Bad drivers just kill me.  I don't know that I am the best driver, but I think I am safe to say that I drive in one lane.  Sorry, I went off in a bit of a tangent - rant over!

I am terrible at folding towels.  That is the last load of laundry I do, and nine times out of ten they stay in the dryer until the next time I need to use the dryer.  Honestly, I just forget about them!  It never fails that when I go do laundry next, I always have an "oh shoot" moment when I realize I never folded the towels and they are still in the dryer.  Oops!

I had my blogiversary post all set to go last week, and it didn't publish as scheduled.  I can only assume that I hit the save button rather than the publish button.  I thought it was kind of fitting though, the post where I talk about some of the troubles I have had with blogging doesn't go as planned.  I am sure that won't be the last time that happens either!

I am constantly quoting/singing Justin Bieber songs.  Sorry and Love Yourself are ALWAYS on the radio it seems, and they constantly get stuck in my head.  The bad part is I only know a few lines...so I just repeat them over and over.  

I have a new HGTV show to watch (as if I need another show to add to the mix)!  My mom mentioned the show, Good Bones to me a few weeks ago.  I really enjoyed it.  It's a mother/daughter duo who renovate homes in the Indianapolis area.  My brother and his family are in Indy, so I think it's really neat that the show is done there.  Not to mention, they do great work!  Some of the finishes are a bit quirky for my taste, but I still can appreciate the style and design.

Linking up with Amanda and Annie.

23 comments:

  1. I pretty much keep clothes in the dryer until I have to dry something else. I hate folding! I've got one pile of clothes on the couch and another in the dryer and as soon as my sheets get done in the washer, I'm going to have to fold something haha! And no shame for singing Justin Bieber songs!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, I feel ya on the Justin Bieber! WHY do they play those songs so many times?! I listen to the radio most of the day at work and most days I get tired and turn it off because they play the same songs every hour. So annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i know what you mean about having another show to watch...my DVR is so full I might never catch up!! Hope you have a great Thursday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen the Good Bones show but Ill be on the lookout now!
    How funny that the post about blogging difficulties didn't post? Irony at its finest. And YES to bad drivers...ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That happened to me recently! I swear I scheduled a post but it wasn't there the next morning. And you're right about some drivers. They need to follow the basic laws so that we an all be safe out there!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I feel you on the driving thing. I see so many stupid drivers every day and I don't even drive the whole way into work. It's scary to think we're on the roads with these people. I've forgot to hit publish on a post before too. It's happened so many times that I check every morning now haha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! Love this. Driving is one of mine too. TRAFFIC is one of my worst "dislikes" - ugh! When I lived in the city I used to walk to work and it was glorious ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I despise driving. That is seriously one reason why I'd want to live in a city.. I so feel you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, I'm with you on the dryer thing. Things stay in the dryer for days on end because I hate folding things. That's probably the reason why I slept under a mountain of freshly washed clothes last night - they made it to my room, but not to the closet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh I feel the same way about drivers! I swear southern Ca drivers are the worst! Guys in big trucks or moms in SUVs I think win the prize for most obnoxious drivers!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't handle the drivers in my city, and I'll legit try to avoid going out at certain times just so I don't have to deal with the traffic. Grocery shopping at 9pm, anyone? lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely laughed a little at your post not going up as scheduled. Such is life! And I have to say, I'm mildly obsessed with that Love Yourself song!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am sooo with you on the driving thing! Every time I get in my car I ask myself probably 20x where people learned to drive. Is it not a common rule that you pass in the left? Or to actually get out of the right lane when the other lanes are open and there are a bunch of people merging? I don't get it! I always get way too excited when one of those Justin Beiber songs pops up on my pandora station, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Girl.... YES. Driving/traffic/my long commute- I am so over them ALL! I will have to check out Good Bones- Indy is just 2 hours away from me so that's cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl preach! I am SO sick of driving. And today I got stuck at a train track for 20 minutes. I wish I could afford a daily driver service real housewives style! Alas... there's reality. Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bad drivers are the worst! I have to drive on the very crowded highway for work everyday and there's always a crazy person. I really wish I lived in a city where I could take a train to work.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hate folding clothes as well.

    I have a love/hate with driving. You never know where someone is going and if they are in an emergency but at the same time, why drive so fast? It's so frustrating.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm currently teaching my sixteen year old how to drive, so I just want to apologize for some of the bad driving going on right now! Ha! Actually she's not bad at the driving part, it's the parking that confuses her. #hellovalet But, it does make me more aware of bad drivers as I teach her to drive defensively.
    I'm going to check out Good Bones. I haven't heard of that one, and I'm a little over Chip & Joanna for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh man, I've really noticed an increase in bad drivers lately too! The wide swing out for turns kills me - unless you are a semi-truck, this is not necessary. And people not stopping at stop-signs, especially at 4-way stops...they aren't yield signs, you do actually have to stop! I could rant about this for days too, haha!

    I have a load of unfolded towels sitting in a laundry basket at the foot of my bed and they've been there for a week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I drive so much during the week (I have an hour commute, so at least 2 hours every day). And drivers seem to get worse and worse. Accidents everywhere because people either don't pay attention or drive too aggressively. So I 100% hear you on that confession. How have I not heard of Good Bones?! I am addicted to HGTV, so I must check that out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. When we had a washer and dryer stuff stayed in the dryer forever!! Ha! I get SO frustrated by bad drivers. Seriously people, it's not that hard!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. DRIVING IS THE WORST!!!! I always get so frustrated after a day on the road. It's so funny that everyone has road rage though :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't heard of Good Bones yet, but it sounds awesome! I will definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete