Thursday, April 14, 2016

Book Club

Beach Town by Mary Kay Andrews


Beach Town is about a woman who scouts locations for movies.  The story follows her along as she finds the perfect little Florida town for the movie she is working on.  The movie shoot starts immediately and it is not without its issues.  The story follows along the ups and downs of the movie shooting and the love story that transpires.  Overall, I thought it was another good book by Mary Kay Andrews.  However, the book got a little slow for me at the end - I didn't think one of the story lines really added any value to the book, but other than that, it was a good book.  Perfect to read by the pool or on the beach!




I was super excited to read this book.  I love the Real Housewives and New Jersey is one of my favorites.  This book reads as if Teresa is talking to you, which I thought made it feel really authentic.  In the beginning, she covers a bit of her childhood, her husband, and her kids.  One of the things I found out in this section was that Teresa had a career outside the home - her job sounds like it would have been super neat!  Then, she goes into her legal issues, days leading up to her sentencing, and finally life in prison.  I feel like you get the real story of what it is like in prison - at least at Danbury.  I just found it all very interesting.  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  If you are a Teresa fan at all, I would highly recommend this book.

What books have you been reading lately?

Linking up with Amanda and Annie.

14 comments:

  1. Everyone has been reading Teresa's book lately, so I may just have to jump on the bandwagon and do it! I picked up two more Joshilyn Jackson books the other day and hope to start them this weekend. I'm telling you--she's good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot about Teresa's book but I'm glad that you enjoyed it! I think I'd like to read it if I could borrow it from the library or something, but I dont think I want to pay for it on my Kindle. Just not something I'd probably read again you know? Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really a Teresa fan but I am curious about her book! I'm glad to hear you liked it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been DYING to read Teresa's new book - I need to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am going to have to read Teresa's book! Just finished Khloe's -- I love the story behind the story (and an easy, entertaining read!). Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Teresa's book too! Did you ever read the book that Orange is the new Black is based on? I really liked that one too and it's sort of the same idea. Except Teresa obviously we all know back story on from the Housewives. Fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Beach Club! I feel the same way as you did- cute, but a little slow at some parts. Still a good read when you just want to relax and pick something easy up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I used to read a lot, but have no time now which makes me sad! The Teresa book intrigues me and I feel like everyone is reading and talking about it! Maybe I need to make time!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beach Town sounds really good! I may have to grab that one for our beach trip in June!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beach Town sounds cute, but I get annoyed when there are story lines that don't seem important.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, I had no idea her book was out already. Home girl WORKS FAAAAAAAAAST!

    I need to add the beach club to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Teresa book sounds really interesting! I had no idea that she had a job outside of the house, but it makes sense with her days on The Apprentice.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need to read Teresa's book, adding it to my list now. I'm currently reading The Royal We and loving every minute of it and next up will be Emily Maynard's book!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you shared the review of Teresa's book- it definitely sounds like it would be interesting. Do you have any of her cookbooks? And beach town sounds like a really fun book for this summer!

    ReplyDelete