Thursday, April 28, 2016

Book Club: Nora Roberts Edition

Nora Roberts is one of my very favorite authors.  I am pretty positive I have enjoyed every one of her books I have read...and that is saying a lot, because I am pretty sure I have read a ton of them!  This past month I read two more.

The Liar by Nora Roberts



The Easter Bunny included this book in my basket this year.  This story is about a young woman with a small daughter whose husband died.  After his death, she begins to realize that he was not at all who she thought he was.  She heads back to her hometown and with the help of her family, she is able to find her real self again.  Of course, there are many bumps along the way, a love story, and plenty of murder and mystery.

I really enjoyed this book.  I loved the characters and reading this made me want to go find the little town in the story and move there - very idyllic.  Although I had an inkling of who the villian was in the story, the ending still wasn't exactly what I was expecting, so I did feel like it kept me guessing.

The Villa by Nora Roberts.  


I picked this one up at the used bookstore we found in Fulton - still obsessed with that place!  This book is about a family winery.  The matriarch of the family wants to mix things up a bit in regards to the family business by changing around some of the roles.  This causes quite an uproar.  As with the other book, you have a few love stories, murders, and drama.

Another book that I thoroughly enjoyed.  I even stayed up late reading the other night so I could finally finish!  I just wanted to know how it all ended!  While the love stories are a bit cheesy (but sweet), the mystery weaves throughout the book, keeping the mastermind behind all the drama a bit of a surprise.

Are you a Nora Roberts fan?  If so, what is your favorite book?

Linking up with Amanda and Annie.


16 comments:

  1. Ooh a love story and a mystery? Sounds like my kind of book!! I love that we both read books by authors we liked this month!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom is a huge Nora Roberts fan! I know there's a ton of books, but I swear my mom has read all of them!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never read a Nora Roberts book but I've heard great things about her books! Maybe I'll have to check out one of these! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read anything by Nora Roberts, which seems kind of crazy because she's such a popular author. The Villa sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO I've NEVER read a Nora Roberts!!! I always dismissed them as a little too soap opera, but I guess I shouldn't have judged! I will have to try one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Nora Roberts! Her books are always good :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read a ton of Nora Roberts books...not sure if I've read any actually, but they sound like something I'd enjoy! Thanks for the rec's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually don't think I've ever read any of hers either! I have a couple of them on my bookshelves that I've picked up at used book sales but never gotten around to reading them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i am not sure if i have read any nora roberts books, i think i have many years ago. i just started her jd robb in death series though and i really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read any Nora Roberts but I love murder mystery stories, so now I'm intrigued! Do you have to read her books in any kind of order?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read anything by her so I should probably check her out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I actually don't know if I've ever read a Norah Roberts book before, but they sound like my type of book! I'll have to look at The Villa, especially since it's set at a family winery!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to read Nora Roberts but haven't in a long time. The Chesapeake Bay series is one that sticks out in my mind.

    Both these look good, the first one especially. I will have to check it out =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've actually never read a Nora Roberts book before, but these two sound great!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know if I've ever read a Nora Roberts book, but those of these sound so interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really enjoyed reading this post, big fan. Keep up the good work andplease tell me when can you publish more articles or where can I read more on the subject?
    Falcon CPA

    ReplyDelete