Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 2016 Goals

First, I want to say thank you for all your kind words.  It really means so much!  You all are just so wonderful.  Thank you again!

via 


The start of a new month means a new set of goals!  Before I list my goals for April, let's take a look back on how I did in March.


March Goals:

1.  Drink green tea.  I did reasonably well with drinking green tea this month.  I had it a few times a week at work.  Pretty sure it didn't help with any stomach issues, though.


2.  De-clutter kitchen counters.  I didn't really do this.  I think I moved like one thing off the counter, but it didn't turn into a big overhaul like I was hoping.  My mom is coming down in a few weekends to help me do a deep clean, so this may be accomplished later this month!


3.  Purchase candles for spring.  Done!  I purchased three new candles from Bath & Body Works.  I am still burning through Endless Weekend, but I am excited to try out the other new scents I bought (Watermelon Lemonade and Honolulu Sun) when the time comes.



4.  Set out my work clothes for the week.  I only did this once in March.  However, for that one week it was great!  Definitely going to continue to try and make this a must-do for Sunday evenings.


April Goals:

1.  Deep clean!  I need to do a nice, deep clean of my apartment.  This should be a done deal since my mom is coming down in a few weekends to help me do just that!

2.  Better utilize my planner.  I still am obsessed with my Emily Ley Simplified Planner, however, I haven't been using it as much with my list making and meal planning.  I did previously, but with things being so crazy the last few weeks with work, I kind of got out of the habit.  I need to devote a portion of my Sunday to doing this (along with setting out my clothes!), because I just know it will make my week run smoother.

3.  A salad a week.  Eating healthier is a never-ending goal for me.  To make it a bit more specific, I want to focus on having at least one salad for dinner each week.  With the weather turning warmer, I usually crave fresher meals, so hopefully this won't be too difficult to achieve.  I prepped lettuce, chopped a few veggies, and put some chicken in marinade last night, so I should have no excuses when it comes to getting in my salad tonight!  If you have any favorite salads to share, please do so - I am looking for ideas!

4.  Movie storage.  I am a huge movie fan, and my collection continues to grow.  Unfortunately, my storage space has not.  I tried to get rid of some, which I did, but what is left is still too much for the two baskets originally meant to store them in their entirety.  This may be another project for when my mom comes to visit!

What are your goals this month?      

24 comments:

  1. I love all your goals for this month and they are totally do-able!! The salad a week - you got it girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your plans and goals are great for this month! A good deep clean always feels SO good, and you know I love to be organized so a planner is totally up my alley too :)
    Hope you're doing ok--thinking of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be so good with eating at least one salad a week but lately that has not been happening. I agree that Warner weather makes me want to eat fresher things as well!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great...I need to do the whole deep clean too - hoping to "attack" one room at a time. Seems easier than thinking about the whole house:)

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm going to steal your March goal of drinking more green tea. I have an entire drawer full in my desk that I almost never make! And yes to deep cleaning! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do this! I really need to follow suit and deep clean and lay my clothes out for the week. If the weather would make up its MIND, I could probably plan a week's worth of outfits a little easier!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such good goals! My dad has a salad a day...can you imagine that? I'm still trying to incorporate green tea into my diet! It's so hard though because I have a hard time with hot tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I REALLY need to set out my work clothes. I feel like I do the "what do I wear" routine every morning and waste so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals for this month! Especially loving a salad a week! I need to start drinking more green tea too, it's hard when I love my coffee so much :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work in March, and good luck with April. I'm sure you will rock it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is such a good idea about the salad once a week goal. i try and have a salad as a side, but it gets boring or hard when we eat things like tacos for dinner lol. i really need to do the laying out my clothes for the week, so good to hear it was awesome in the week that you did it. i have never done more than 1 day lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Watermelon Lemonade candle from B&B is soooo yummy! That's what I'm burning right now and it is to die for! It always makes me want some sort of fruity candy! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I completely fell off the planner wagon! I always have such good intentions but idk literally I've been struggling with staying organized since elementary school lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your goal about better utilizing your planner! I'm the worst about buying planners and then not really utilizing them! I need to be better about that too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these goals. I need to start using my planner period. I have it and I've been so busy and focused on other stuff that my planner has just been put to the side. So sad! Oh and I love collecting movies. I can't wait to see how you get started on the little project of organizing your movies ♥ Happy Tuesday pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Someone gave me that watermelon lemonade candle and I LOVE it!! :) I love my planner and feel so "off" when I don't take the time to fill everything in! I try to eat a lot of salads as part of my lunches while at work- I'm always more excited about them when I've chopped up lots of different veggies and have sunflowers seeds to top mine with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been drinking green tea in the afternoons at work lately--I am as I type this, actually! I still drink coffee in the morning, but I like tea in the afternoon because there's still some caffeine but I'm not jittery or dehydrated from it, plus it keeps me from wanting to snack out of boredom. That watermelon lemonade candle sounds heavenly! I might have to get one for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your goals girl. The deep cleaning will be so good especially with your mom coming to help you! I'm terrible at following through on planners, I'll use it for a few weeks and then hold off until weeks later.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to deep clean, myself! I did a little bit this past weekend, but still have a lot left to do! I love your one salad for dinner a week idea...I might have to do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I struggle with eating healthy all of the time, I can't imagine eating a salad everyday!! Good luck to you!! I can't wait to see how you mix up your salads everyday.

    I use my planner everyday!!! It's stuffed to the brim with paperwork.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been burning through my Endless Weekend candle lately too! It just smells so amazing!

    I love your salad goal! A classic Cobb salad is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have nothing to store our movies in either! They're are literally in a box right now. Haha. You'll have to let me know what you find.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm with you on the salad goal! I'm usually not a big fan of making them at home but am trying to be more intentional about finding things I like / will look forward to eating, haha. I've been going carb overboard and it makes me feel so poorly! I feel like March went by so fast I didn't even have a chance to pull out my planner so I'm trying to get back into the swing of using mine to its full potential too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Utilizing my Simplified Planner more is one of my goals too! I use the monthly view all the time, but don't do things day by day on the other pages, I feel like so much of my planner is going to waste. Love the idea of a salad a week for dinner!

    Erin, Attention to Darling
    www.attentiontodarling.com

    ReplyDelete