Wednesday, April 13, 2016

1 Year

via 

It's been 1 year since I started this blog.  I remember wanting to start a few years ago, but thinking no one would want to read it.  In fact, the few people I mentioned it to at the time, weren't super encouraging either.  I finally just went for it and am SO glad I did. 

When I first started, I had no idea what blogging entailed.  There is so much more to it than you realize!  And then weird things just happen - like for example, a few posts last year just straight up disappeared.  I still haven't figure that one out - if that has ever happened to you, please let me know the secret!  Another thing I had no idea about was making sure I was not a no-reply blogger - I didn't even know what that was when I started out.  Thankfully, that was pointed out to me in the beginning and I was able to get it fixed.  There really is just so much!

As I mentioned earlier, I am so glad I started this blog.  I have really enjoyed putting together these posts.  It's a wonderful way to look back as time has passed, not to mention a great creative outlet.  One of my very favorite things, though, has to be connecting with other bloggers.  I have "met" so many wonderful ladies!  The comments/emails just make my day.  The support the blogging community offers, too, is so nice.  If someone is going through a hard time, you know that others are there with a thoughtful comment, or if you just have a question about the ins and outs of blogging, everyone is super helpful.  I honestly wasn't expecting the connections to feel that real, but they definitely do!  

I am so excited to continue on in this blogging journey and see where it goes!  Cheers!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

26 comments:

  1. happy blogiversary! I was in the same boat as you..a blog stalker for maaaany years. Finally I decided to just take the leap and its been great connecting with other people :) I was clueless about the no-reply blogger thing too..such funny stuff to learn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year-you are right, there is so much that goes into blogging, but it really is so fun and wonderful to connect with other ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go! Happy blogiversary - pop the champagne tonight! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for a year of blogging! I'm so glad you decided to start your blog and am so glad I started reading it, the blogging community really is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Blog-iversary!! I'm very new to this world and I would have NEVER guessed you were just a year in! Keep up the great work and make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I love the blogging community and I'm so glad I found your blog!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Blog-iversary girl!! It's such a scary thing to just put yourself out there and be vulnerable, you're doing great and it's tough when you're starting off and don't have the encouragement you need. I was a no-reply blogger and someone told me early on, thank god!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Blogiversary! I had the same no-reply blogger problem, I think it's a right of passage :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy blogiversary!!! I'm glad I found your blog and love following along with your life :)


    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogiversary!! You know that your one of my favorite daily reads so I'm really glad that you decided to start your blog, too! And I'm glad that we found each other! Here's to many more years blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Blog-iversary! I had the exact same thoughts starting mine but I'm oh so glad I did! -xx Leah || Chasing Texas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy blogiversary Emily!!! Mine just passed too and I didn't know you and I started blogging around the same time! Im so glad we "met" through blogging too!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy blogiversary!!! So glad to have met you through this space of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Blogiversay! Even though I'm fairly new to your blog, I'm so glad I found it and look forward to reading daily! :)

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy blogiversary gurlie! I was totally guilty of being a no-reply blogger in the beginning too, they really need to do away with that feature I mean why wouldn't anyone want a response to the comments they leave? So glad you started your blog <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy blogiversary! Mine is later this month and I totally felt the same way as you before starting. I really wanted to but felt like no one would read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you published this post haha!!! Happy Blogiversary!!! I can't believe it's only been a year!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy anniversary!! I'm fairly new to blogging and am always encouraged by other's success stories & advice! Here's to many more years!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Blog-aversary!! Did I spell that right? is that a word?? there is definitely so much to learn.. I'm still figuring things out too. I'm so happy to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yaaayy happy blogiversary!! There are so many nuances to blogging, and that is so weird that some of your posts disappeared - I'm glad you stuck with it!!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your one year blogiversary! It really is crazy how much time and effort blogging takes, but I think that's why we all love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy Blogiversary!!! Hope you have a lovely weekend xo

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your 1 Year Blogiversary! I'm a fairly new reader and enjoy your posts. I've been blogging for almost seven years now, and I absolutely love what it's done for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yes! I am so with you on this awesome blogging community! Congratulations on your one year! I'm so glad you are blogging because I am loving getting to know you! :)

    ReplyDelete