Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was super nice, but as always way too short.

Friday started with a bang - literally.  I smacked my head on my kitchen counter right before I went to work.  It hurt SO bad.  Luckily, the day wasn't a total bust.  Friday evening we went to see London Has Fallen.  It was an action packed movie that had me on the edge of my seat!  I really like the main actors as they seemed to fit their characters very well.  I didn't realize it until later, but it is the sequel to Olympus Has Fallen, or at least a continuation.  I don't know if they marketed it as such, but all of the characters were the same.  I realized this because it was on TV later that evening - talk about timing!

My Saturday was pretty low-key.  I got my grocery shopping done which is always nice.  Since grocery shopping isn't my favorite thing to do, I have been trying to get it done before Sunday if possible.  If I wait until Sunday, it sometimes makes me cranky because it turns into a hassle with how crowded it gets!

I had a crazy productive Sunday.  I did a pretty thorough cleaning, which was much needed.  I took a break to go to the gym and run some errands.  If you follow me on instagram, you might have seen I picked up some spring/summer candles at Bath & Body Works.  Right now I am burning Endless Weekend, which sounds pretty fitting for a Sunday evening.  I also picked up some green tea from World Market - trying to stick with my March goals this month!  If it is a good one, I will definitely be sharing.  I also did some major reorganizing in my closet.  I have mentioned this before, but my apartment is pretty tiny.  The only closet I have is my bedroom closet so I try to stick as much in there as possible.  My parents have been storing my fall/Christmas decorations the past few years, but I was finally able to fit all of the boxes in my closet.  I still have to keep my Christmas tree at their house, but it is a lot better than a tree box AND 4 additional containers!  I also finally cleaned out my jewelry which is something I have been wanting to do for so long now!  I think I still need to comb through it once more to really pare it down, but I made a lot of progress.  They say a Sunday well spent brings a week of content - I am hoping that holds true!  


via 

Linking up with Biana.

23 comments:

  1. Girl I took a nasty fall down the stairs yesterday so I feel your pain with the head bump!! So glad to hear you had a great weekend and productive one at that!! Here's wishing the candle was real and we did have endless weekends! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Friday's start sounded painful but I'm glad the day wasn't a total bust! Sounds like the rest of the weekend was nice, and yay for yummy smelling candles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that Sunday well spent quote - I am going to print it out and put it in my office! Hope your head is feeling better! I once walked into a car door and ended up with a concussion (opps!)

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no I hope your head is ok! I seriously need to go through my jewelry. It's all such a mess and I barely remember what I have! And the pile just keeps on growing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love getting new seasonal candles and can’t wait to pickup some spring ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bath and Body Works had a great selection! I even got them on sale!

      Delete
  6. Oh I didn't know that BBW had their new candles out. Thanks for posting about them, will need to go check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun outside of the head bonk - ouch!! Glad you had a productive weekend, sometimes those are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh no! So glad your head is ok! I saw the candles on instagram, and they all look like they smell amazing! B&BW has the best candles! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need new BBW candles!! I've been trying to burn up a few completely before buying new ones though.. my collection was getting out of control!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, that sounds like something I would do -- I run into things all the time. I am SO clumsy! I really want to see London Has Fallen, it looks so good! We don't go to the movie theaters all that often (we like Redbox!) but I might have to make an exception for this movie!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Redbox is so nice, but this movie was definitely great on the big screen for all the action scenes!

      Delete
  11. Sounds super productive! I hope you're feeling better- injuries are NOT cool ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! You had a very productive weekend :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, glad you're OK!

    Also glad to hear that London Has Fallen is good... Brian and I are trying to plan a date night and I wouldn't mind seeing that one... it's perfect for a date night because it's something that we both agree on!

    Enjoy your week!

    Lindsay
    Lindsay's Sweet World

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had a very productive weekend and were able to get a lot done! It's seriously so hard to pass up B&BW candles! They always smell so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your head is okay from that bump! No fun.

    I love the Endless Weekend candle! I have that one too. Smells so good! :) Glad you had such a productive weekend! I hope the rest of your week is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love scented candles I used to have them burning all of the time before Sophie, in the bathrooms and kitchen especially. But I think they were too strong for Kyle too. so I stopped lighting them and then we had Sophie and it was just better to not have them around.

    Ouch! On the head counter bash, hope it didn't bruise and is better now. We usually shop on Saturday too. And we had a low key sunday which really felt more relaxing than it is normally. Good for you on the closet clearing! We really need to clear out all of our closets but we've been dragging our feet on that part.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness. Yikes. I hope you head is feeling better. A nasty bang on the head can hurt for a while!

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Glad to hear your head smack wasn't too bad. I wanted to see London Has Fallen so glad to hear you thought it was good! I had no idea it was the sequel either. And the grocery store on Saturday is a good idea! I always go Sunday and hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like to get my grocery shopping out of the way on Saturdays too so my Sundays are pretty free to do whatever I want or meal prep for the week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Productive weekends always feel so good! I didn't actually get rid of anything, but I started thinking about the direction I want my wardrobe to go in so I have some things in mind to get rid of, which is nice!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yikes about your head!! oh no! glad you had a low-key saturday to recover!

    ReplyDelete