Today I am copying an idea I saw Biana post last week - 29 for 29. 29 facts for my 29th birthday. If you didn't read last week, I celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday. It was a great birthday and I am so excited to see what my 29th year will bring. Here are 29 fun facts about me...
1. I was born on Friday the 13th. Most people think of this as a bad luck day, however, my mom tells me that it was a good day for her. Obviously she can't really say otherwise. But it still makes me feel good.
2. I read super fast. It isn't unusual for me to get through a few books in one day. Now, that only works for fun reading. If I am reading something for work, or when I was back in school, that was not the case!
3. My mom and I email almost every morning during the work week. We started doing so when I was in college and have continued since.
4. I don't really like talking on the phone. Unless it is a question I need an answer to ASAP, I will always text or email first.
5. I don't know how to dive. When my brother and I took swim lessons when we were younger, we stopped right after he learned how to dive. Since he is older, I never got to it.
6. Bags and shoes are my weakness.
7. I am super critical of pictures of myself - hence the reason you don't see many on the blog.
8. I am loyal to a fault. If we are friends, I have your back 100%.
9. Cooking is one of my favorite things. I'd love to stay home and just cook all day.
10. In the past few years I have shifted to more online shopping. If I don't have to have it right away, I am much more likely to order online, than run to the mall. Unless I can go with my mom. She's my favorite shopping partner.
11. My dad is the first person I call if I need something fixed. He will forever be Mr. Fix-it to me.
12. Movie theater popcorn is my favorite. I may only have a couple handfuls, but I always order popcorn when I go to the movies. It's just part of the experience!
13. Going along with that, at the ballpark, a pretzel with cheese is a must for me. Yum!
14. I used to only drink white wine, but a couple years ago I was introduced to Pinot Noir and it has become my go-to.
15. I love reading cheesy romance novels on my Kindle, but much prefer reading a physical book for different genres.
16. If I start writing a list, but don't like my handwriting, I rewrite it. Yes, I realize that sounds incredibly anal and OCD.
17. I can get into any of the Real Housewives series, although Orange County and New Jersey are by far my favorites.
18. I am divorced. While I don't plan on discussing that topic much on the blog, I feel it is worth saying. Being divorced can have a very negative connotation and I don't wish it on anyone. However, I am proud of myself that I was able to get out of a bad situation, and with the support of family and friends, get back to myself.
19. I am super forgetful. I write myself notes all the time, but even then I don't always remember.
20. I get anxious about driving some place new. I always check out google maps and zoom in, that way I can get a feel for the surroundings and check out the parking situation.
21. I used to love coffee when I was younger. Now, I don't even enjoy the smell.
22. My favorite birthday treat is yellow cake with chocolate frosting and round sprinkles. I am going home in a couple weekends and my mom promised to make me birthday cupcakes - I cannot wait!
23. I used to never cry, about anything. I feel like after I graduated college, I now cry at the drop of a hat. It's ridiculous - from one extreme to another.
24. I have a hard time with left and right. I know what direction I want to go, but communicating it to others can be rough for me. I have to make an L with my thumb and finger so I know for sure that what I am saying is correct.
25. I never watched The Bachelor/Bachelorette until this season. I blame Jess. I still didn't watch this season religiously, but you can bet that I will be tuning in to see who Ben picks...I am definitely team Lauren.
26. I am a morning person; even on the weekends I wake up early.
27. Dark chocolate is my favorite.
28. I did tumbling and ballet growing up. I wish they had adult classes for that type of stuff, because I sure miss it.
29. It's almost my blogiversary. When I started this 11 months ago, I had no idea what went into blogging. It's been such a great experience thus far and the people I have met in the blogging community are amazing. I am excited to keep with it and continue to learn as I go!
It blows my mind that I am 29. In my head, I feel like I am still in my early 20's. I don't know where the time goes! The saying that the days are long, but the years are short is truer and truer every year. I am ready for to see what this year has in store!