Monday, March 14, 2016

Twenty-Nine

Thank you for all the birthday wishes!  Each and every one really meant so very much to me.  Thank you, thank you!

Today I am copying an idea I saw Biana post last week - 29 for 29.  29 facts for my 29th birthday.  If you didn't read last week, I celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday.  It was a great birthday and I am so excited to see what my 29th year will bring.  Here are 29 fun facts about me...

1.  I was born on Friday the 13th.  Most people think of this as a bad luck day, however, my mom tells me that it was a good day for her.  Obviously she can't really say otherwise. But it still makes me feel good.

2.  I read super fast.  It isn't unusual for me to get through a few books in one day.  Now, that only works for fun reading.  If I am reading something for work, or when I was back in school, that was not the case!  

3.  My mom and I email almost every morning during the work week.  We started doing so when I was in college and have continued since.

4.  I don't really like talking on the phone.  Unless it is a question I need an answer to ASAP, I will always text or email first.

5.  I don't know how to dive.  When my brother and I took swim lessons when we were younger, we stopped right after he learned how to dive.  Since he is older, I never got to it.

6.  Bags and shoes are my weakness.  

7.  I am super critical of pictures of myself - hence the reason you don't see many on the blog.

8.  I am loyal to a fault.  If we are friends, I have your back 100%.

9.  Cooking is one of my favorite things.  I'd love to stay home and just cook all day.

10.  In the past few years I have shifted to more online shopping.  If I don't have to have it right away, I am much more likely to order online, than run to the mall.  Unless I can go with my mom.  She's my favorite shopping partner.

11.  My dad is the first person I call if I need something fixed.  He will forever be Mr. Fix-it to me.

12.  Movie theater popcorn is my favorite.  I may only have a couple handfuls, but I always order popcorn when I go to the movies.  It's just part of the experience!

13.  Going along with that, at the ballpark, a pretzel with cheese is a must for me.  Yum!

14.  I used to only drink white wine, but a couple years ago I was introduced to Pinot Noir and it has become my go-to.

15.  I love reading cheesy romance novels on my Kindle, but much prefer reading a physical book for different genres.

16.  If I start writing a list, but don't like my handwriting, I rewrite it.  Yes, I realize that sounds incredibly anal and OCD.

17.  I can get into any of the Real Housewives series, although Orange County and New Jersey are by far my favorites.

18.  I am divorced.  While I don't plan on discussing that topic much on the blog, I feel it is worth saying.  Being divorced can have a very negative connotation and I don't wish it on anyone.  However, I am proud of myself that I was able to get out of a bad situation, and with the support of family and friends, get back to myself.

19.  I am super forgetful.  I write myself notes all the time, but even then I don't always remember.

20.  I get anxious about driving some place new.  I always check out google maps and zoom in, that way I can get a feel for the surroundings and check out the parking situation.  

21.  I used to love coffee when I was younger.  Now, I don't even enjoy the smell.  

22.  My favorite birthday treat is yellow cake with chocolate frosting and round sprinkles.  I am going home in a couple weekends and my mom promised to make me birthday cupcakes - I cannot wait!

23.  I used to never cry, about anything.  I feel like after I graduated college, I now cry at the drop of a hat.  It's ridiculous - from one extreme to another.

24.  I have a hard time with left and right.  I know what direction I want to go, but communicating it to others can be rough for me.  I have to make an L with my thumb and finger so I know for sure that what I am saying is correct.

25.  I never watched The Bachelor/Bachelorette until this season.  I blame Jess.  I still didn't watch this season religiously, but you can bet that I will be tuning in to see who Ben picks...I am definitely team Lauren.

26.  I am a morning person; even on the weekends I wake up early.

27.  Dark chocolate is my favorite.   

28.  I did tumbling and ballet growing up.  I wish they had adult classes for that type of stuff, because I sure miss it.

29.  It's almost my blogiversary.  When I started this 11 months ago, I had no idea what went into blogging.  It's been such a great experience thus far and the people I have met in the blogging community are amazing.  I am excited to keep with it and continue to learn as I go!  
    
It blows my mind that I am 29.  In my head, I feel like I am still in my early 20's.  I don't know where the time goes!  The saying that the days are long, but the years are short is truer and truer every year.  I am ready for to see what this year has in store!          
                           

35 comments:

  1. Yay, happy birthday and happy blogiversary! Love this post, so fun learning more about you. I'm fiercely loyal as well, if you're part of my inner circle I'll defend you and support you with everything I've got. I also call my dad for everything too! Hope you have a great monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a great birthday! And I love this list! I'm a morning person, too, and I used to never cry either but I started being able to cry at the drop of a hat when I graduated high school. It's not that I was sad or anything, but it's like my emotions changed--so weird! haha! And I'm a fast reader, too! I could go on and on about what we have in common!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah loved learning all these little facts about you and so happy that you had a great birthday yesterday!! I'm a morning person too - I'm so chipper it drives Gary bananas sometimes lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to hear that you had such a good birthday weekend, almost birthday twin! :) Loved reading and learning some new facts about you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved learning a little bit more about you! It's fun to find out more about the people behind the blogs that I love to read!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated birthday! This was a fun post to learn more about you. Even though I'm sure it was hard that is so great you were able to get yourself out of a bad marriage, you should definitely be proud of that! Dark chocolate is my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these posts! And Happy Belated Birthday! I can totally relate to the rewriting a list -- I do the exact same thing! haha Totally OCD! Happy Monday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday pretty lady!! Loved getting to learn all of these new facts about you! We have so much in common! I hate talking on the phone too. I will often not pick up when my phone is ringing and then text whoever was calling mins later haha! So bad. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum that's my favorite cake too! Happy belated birthday =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAY! Happy Birthday! I seriously love that so many of us have birthdays in March. So fun! I'm the exact same way about my left and right. I have to do the L with my Left hand thing too and even doing that, I still get it wrong sometimes. Glad I"M not the only one! Have great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday!!! This was a great post. I totally will rewrite my to do list if I don't like the way my handwriting looks. I HATE talking on the phone and I love movie theater popcorn. I totally always have to get it too, otherwise, I feel like I'm not enjoying myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy happy birthday!!!!! We have oh so much in common, girlfriend ;) I also have shifted to online shopping, email or text people if they call me (haha), email with my mom constantly, and ALSO am so glad I have a Kindle for moments like being on an airplane reading 50 Shades of Grey ... haha!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dad emails me every day during the work week too! :) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your 29th year! Thanks for the post - who knew we had so much in common! Divorce is difficult, as I am and have been for a little over a year now. It's nice to know that I'm not alone at such a young age. Supportive family and friends make those rough times so much better! And list making with bad handwriting? That's definitely grounds for re-writing. That's me to a T!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you had a great birthday! So many fabulous March birthdays!! And my mom is my favorite shopping partner too, love a good yellow cake with choc. frosting (but I don't discriminate), bags and shoes are my kryptonite, and amen to the housewives!!! Hope 29 is a FABULOUS year for you!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this so much and getting to know you more! So happy you had a wonderful birthday and these little bits are so fun, I don't like to talk on the phone either and I am loyal to a fault as well! Hope you have a great rest of your week

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you had a wonderful birthday! I love this post idea! So awesome! & waking up early is one of my favorites, too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this!! We have so much in common... favorite cake? YES. best kind out there. all those weird people who claim Funfetti is the best kind. No, just no.. and the handwriting thing? Yes!! I re-write so many lists!! And I hate talking on the phone too. Sorry I started your Bachelor watching.. now you'll be hooked!! (insert evil laugh). I can't wait for tonight.. I think he picks Lauren too! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love posts like this! It's so fun to learn random facts about bloggers that might not come up otherwise. I'm totally with you on a few of these, especially not being a fan of talking on the phone!

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved learning more about you! happy birthday :) my mum and i email every day as well during the work week. i absolutely start the list again if i don't like my handwriting. my husband thought this was hilarious when he first found out and he reached over and drew a squiggly mess on my paper and i obviously ripped that page out and started again, he was dumbfounded haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this post, Emily! May have to steal it from you and Biana in a couple of weeks, but I'll be doing THIRTY-FOUR things. Aaaah that makes me sound old. But at least I still feel 25. ;o)

    I loved learning more about you, and I'm glad to hear that you were able to get yourself out of a bad situation... a lot of women don't have the courage to do that, so good for you for taking care of yourself!

    Also, I didn't realize that we started our blogs so close together! We must have found each other right near the beginning.

    Here's to many more years! I love you ladies in this blogging community!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was mostly away from blog world last week- so I'm glad you had a great bday!! I'm glad you shared all these facts- I feel like I know even more about ya now :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. So I definitely started a similar post for my birthday that's next Wednesday because I loved Biana and Kristen's posts so much! I can't get enough of The Real Housewives! Have you watched any of the Potamac this season? My sister sucked me into this season of The Bachelor and I'm loving it too! I'll definitely want to watch the next season!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! Being 29 is a fun age! Had no clue you were divorced but yes it's best not to stay in bad situations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yummmm to dark chocolate and yellow cake with chocolate frosting! I took tumbling and ballet too growing up, and sometimes I really miss it <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  26. It was so fun to get to know you more, I love posts like this! I'll have to keep this in mine for my birthday in August :)!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy birthday!!!

    I read super fast too, I read the harry potter books in a day and half (5-7). I was also older, I read slower when I was younger.

    Yes I'm always looking at new bags, but for me dresses instead of shoes are my weakness. I can have 10 dresses and find another 20 that I love. I'm a big fan of texting too. My mom hates it, she prefers on the phone conversations if we can't see each other.

    We have quite a few things in common! I didn't want to sit and comment on every single thing though because my comment would be 10,000 years long!

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  28. So glad you enjoyed your birthday! I love reading these types of posts-- I'm the same way with shopping- I would much rather shop online, unless my mom is visiting or I'm back home-- then she's my favorite person to shop with!

    ReplyDelete
  29. (I just typed up an entire comment & then it disappeared when I hit publish so I apologize if you end up getting two emails from me!) Happy birthday! Mine was also yesterday so it was a pretty good day, haha! I love reading posts like this because it's fun to get to know random facts about other bloggers. I am the exact same way as you when it comes to left & right which is really embarrassing at this age, haha. Especially when I'm trying to give someone directions. And yes to dark chocolate! I used to hate it but now it's one of my favorite types.
    PS- Happy Blogiversary also!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Belated Birthday! Hope it was amazing! Such a fun birthday post boo!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happy belated birthday!! This was fun getting to know more about you. I'm so the same way when it comes to lists! Both the handwriting and the fact that I'm still quite forgetful. Haha!

    Happy blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy Belated Birthday, I'll be turning 29 as well next week! Are you left handed? I too have a hard time with L vs R and i've always blamed it on being left handed and going Left first and if I have to do 'right' first it always confuses me

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yay! I love things like this! I'm glad you shared so much. I love learning more about you! :)

    I think it's sweet that you and your mom email every day! :)

    I read fast too! Have you done one of the speed reading tests to see how quickly you read? They are a lot of fun! :)

    I'm so glad you were able to get out of a bad situation and are in a good place now. Divorce is a terrible thing (because it's the end of so many hopes and dreams and love), but good can definitely come out of it. Both of my parents were divorced before they met and married each other. They've been married 30 years now and I exist. Which you know, I think is pretty cool, ha! ;)

    Oh girl, I'm super forgetful too. I live by my planner. I write everything in it because otherwise I wouldn't remember anything, ha!

    I never cried about anything either! Not until sophomore year of college. And then the floodgates opened up and now I get all teary eyed over everything. Stupid hormones. :P

    Did you see the finale to the Bachelor yet? I won't ruin it for you if you haven't. I sort of have it on in the room while I do other things so I can keep up with the show, but I really loved Sean Lowe's season. If you want to watch a great season of the Bachelor, you should watch that one! He was just such a solid guy and treated the girls with so much respect. Loved that!

    Happy nearly 1 year blogiversary and happy 29th birthday, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Happy belated birthday, and happy soon-to-be blogiversary. I enjoy reading your posts. I've been blogging for almost seven years now and still very much enjoy it. It's great that you and your mom are so close. I didn't watch any of The Bachelor, except for the season finale and after-show. It seems he's very happy with his choice, Lauren. I think they make a cute couple.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hope you had a super 29th! Totally love yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

    ReplyDelete