Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: Soundtrack

It's time for another round of Show & Tell Tuesday with Andrea from Momfessionals.  This Tuesday is all about music - the soundtrack of my life.  I had a hard time with this one.  I love so many songs and feel like so many bring up great memories.  Instead of a soundtrack per say, I am just going to share a few of my favorite songs.


via 

First up, we have my all-time favorite song.  To Be With You by Mr. Big.  I just love this song, it will never get old!  I remember hearing it growing up and it has always stuck with me.  

Next up, we have Make Me Lose Control by Eric Carmen.  I can remember sitting outside in the little fort part of our playset, listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack cassette tape.  This song was on it - not sure why, as it wasn't on the CD (which made me SO SAD!), but I loved it.

You Really Got Me by Van Halen.  This song always makes me think of my dad.  I think it was on a commercial once and I was a huge fan.  So my dad went out and bought me the cassette tape...thanks, dad!  I think I only listened to this song over and over again, but I love that he did that!

Country is probably one of my favorite genres when it comes to music, but I didn't get introduced to it until I was in junior high.  I think Kenny Chesney's She Thinks My Tractors Sexy was my first favorite country song.  He has been one of my favorite singers ever since!

Moving along to high school dances - Get Low by Lil Jon was always a favorite.  It still makes me want to dance now!  I love how it was in The Proposal, too, which is a favorite movie of mine.  Sandra Bullock dancing and singing this song is hilarious.

In college, Lo by Flo Rida was my very favorite song.  If that song was on, you better believe I was up dancing and singing!  Even now, I will sometimes get an occasional text from one of my friends if they hear it on the radio.  That was my jam!

Another college favorite was Crying Out For Me by Lil Wayne.  My best friend at the time and I were huge fans, we knew all the words to the beginning - I honestly didn't even remember the real song, just the rap!  

I would be remiss if I didn't mention The Climb by Miley Cyrus.  I think she has a great voice, so much so that I had this as my ringtone.  I have always been behind when it comes to phones and getting new music on them, so when this song came out and it became my ringtone, it was my ringtone for years.  Years.  I got made fun of quite a bit for that.  It's such a great song though, if you listen to the lyrics, it has a great message!

Since college, I would say my rap game has gone down.  I am a bit more likely to turn to country, but I still do love a good rap song.  Turn Down For What is one of those songs I love...it just makes me want to get up and dance!  Although I have to admit, I had to look up what "turn down for what" even meant.  

I could go on and on - I keep coming up with so many more songs!  However, to keep this post from getting incredibly long, I will refrain from sharing them all.  Happy Tuesday!

You can check out my other Show & Tell Tuesday posts by clicking on the links below...happy Tuesday!



22 comments:

  1. haha these are hilarious! I definitely remember singing Kenny Chesney during junior high dances! We actually had a teacher sing that song one time during a homecoming dance and I thought it was so cool. And I really liked Turn Down For What when it came on...my friend actually played it at her wedding and we all had so much fun dancing to it! And I'm going to need you to remind me to do the next Show and Tell because I never remember!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL my rap game has gone way way down since college too.. or maybe it's since moving out of Atlanta. Some of these songs bring back fun memories for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah Get Low pretty much sums up every high school dance my freshman/sophomore years. My friends and I will text each other when we hear it. And I'm seeing Kenny Chesney in August and am so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun post idea! I saw florists Georgia line in concert at the rodeo last week and cannot get some of their songs out of my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah so many good songs! The Van Halen one is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha omg just thinking about Get Low and Lo makes me want to get up and dance! So fun! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are alllll wonderful. Such a great snapshot of your life through music.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aahh I've only heard of three of these songs...where I have been??? I've only heard turn down for what in vine videos haha.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! Oh my gosh -- Get Low by Lil Jon and Lo by Flo Rida!! I was all about Flo Rida in college. Brings back so many memories!!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is an awesome list! I got into country later on too and missed out on some great songs, but Kenny Chesney is a fave of mine too. I loved that The Proposal had that song too, such a funny scene!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Oh, I love To Be With You!!! Such an oldie but a goodie :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get lo was a college favorite of mine too! It was my ringtone for a solid year!! And then (a few years ago) I saw Lil Jon perform in Vegas. Life came full circle at that moment! LOL!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  13. How the HECK did I forget about Lil Jon and Get Low for my post?! That song totally reminds me of my college years when Brian and I first started dating and we used to go to Athens every weekend to party with our friends. Some of my best memories were made while listening to that song! And girl - Turn Down for What is one of my faves right now, too! You have awesome taste in music!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all of these! She thinks my tractor's sexy is the best country song out there!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh that Mr Big song is the best.. and I totally agree about The Climb. Love it. I wish she would go back to singing like that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun idea for a post! Get Low certainly takes me back to high school, too! It was basically our theme song during volleyball my freshman year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is too funny, awesome round up! Love the compilation of Van Halen, Kenny Chesney, and Miley Cyrus :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all of these! I remember that Kenny Chesney song being popular in elementary/middle school. I still think it's one of his better songs too! Get Low completely reminds me of high school too! Ahh, so many memories!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha love these songs, and some of them totally brought me back to my high school and college days too! We loved listening to Get Low!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a fun post-- and oh my gosh, I remember crying out for you, I haven't thought about that song in forever! A few weeks ago I went through a bunch of my old mixed CD's and it was definitely a trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete