Thursday, March 17, 2016

Liebster Award

Last week, Jenn over at Crown Me in Glitter nominated me for the Liebster Award. A huge thanks to her for thinking of me!  If you haven't checked out Jenn's blog yet, definitely do so.  She is hilarious and I always love reading her posts. 




Here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
Thank the Blogger that nominated you in your post and link back to their site
Answer 11 questions from the Blogger that nominated you
Tell your readers 11 random facts about you
Nominate 11 Bloggers for the Liebster Awards
Ask your nominees to answer 11 questions

What is your favorite ice cream?
I am a big fan of vanilla with chocolate syrup...and sprinkles.  Blue Moon is also a favorite, but I have yet to find that anywhere in the area!  I would always get that when vacationing with my family in Michigan.

What is your drink of choice at Starbucks?
I am actually not a huge Starbucks person.  I have been treating myself to a hot chocolate (with whipped cream!) every few Saturdays, but we are only talking about a handful of times.

If you could be any candy, what would you be and why?
These candy bon bons you can find at World Market.  A bit hard to crack, but soft and sweet on the inside!

Who is your favorite Friends character!? (Please don’t tell me you don’t watch Friends!)
Sooooo...I don't really watch Friends that much.  However, my favorite has to be Rachel.  Basically because it's Jennifer Aniston.

Favorite childhood memory?
This is a really hard one.  Probably any memories when on vacation with my family!  My mom's side of the family goes to Michigan every year and has gone for as long as I can remember.  Lots of great memories there.

If you could only keep 5 material items for the rest of your life, what would they be?
Again, tough!  A blanket, chapstick, an e-reader with unlimited books, sunglasses, and a big bag to pack everything into. 

If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to!?
So many.  I think the 50/60's would be amazing, the 20's, the Victorian era...the list could go on. 

Are you usually late, on time, or early?
I am pretty much always early.  I get anxious about being late so I tend to run early or on time.

Summer or winter?
I think winter, just because the holidays.  And my birthday!

What is your favorite thing to shop for?
Shoes.  I feel like you can pretty much count on finding one pair of shoes you like...if not more!

What is your favorite thing about blogging?
I have two things  - (1) all the awesome girls I have met through blogging - you all are amazing!  (2) getting a peek into other's lives.  I find it all so interesting, from the awesome trips to the every day routine.

I am going to break the rules a bit here.  On Monday, for my 29th birthday, I shared 29 facts about myself.  Instead of sharing 11 more, I am just going to link back (click here) to that post.  That way I don't bore you...and because honestly 29 was pretty hard, I am not sure if I could come up with 11 more right now!

Rebelling again here - instead of nominating 11 other bloggers, I want anyone who is interested to partake.  Jenn and some of the other girls already hit some of my favorite bloggers so instead of a bunch of repeats, hopefully some others will join in on the fun.  Comment below if you are planning to participate, that way myself and others can be sure to check it out.

Now for my 11 questions....
1.  What is your all-time favorite recipe?
2.  If you could live anywhere, would you choose a small town or big city?
3.  What is one book that you could read over and over again?
4.  Wine, beer or cocktail?
5.  If you could have any job, what would it be?
6.  What is the best beauty advice you have received?
7.  What is your favorite app?
8.  How do you keep yourself organized - phone/computer or paper planner?
9.  If you could design your dream kitchen, what colors would you go with?
10.  Cat or dog?
11.  What is your favorite thing about blogging?  (Stealing this one from Jenn!)

Thanks again for the nomination - this was a super fun post to put together!

Linking up with Amanda and Annie.         


23 comments:

  1. I always wonder what life was like in different eras and think the 50s would be fun to go back to and then the 20s like you said too!! Great idea to bring a big bag so you can pack more stuff into it lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not that big of a Starbucks person either--I treat myself to a latte or something similar every few weeks. Those little drinks pack in lots of calories! And way to go for always being early! That's a goal of mine someday haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm hot chocolate! Always a good decision! Some of my favorite childhood memories are traveling with my family too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I could go back in time, I would go to 2007 haha. Best year of my life (so far!)

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not a big friends watcher either. i watched it in the 90s and if it's on tv i might watch a little or leave it on in the background. i don't dislike it, i'm not OMG FRIENDS about it either. it's funny. now big bang theory--i don't find that show funny at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not huge on Starbucks either. I maybe get it once a month? And yes to shoe shopping! I never have a problem finding cute shoes!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the award, that is so fun. I wasn't a Friends person either..Rachel was funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jenn is so sweet! She and I discovered last week that we have a TON in common, including our name, our birthday and she lives in the same state as me (like 30 minutes away)!
    I'm totally always early....I get stressed out if I'm not there like 5 minutes ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so fun! Congratulations! I'm totally with you on the ice cream -- vanilla with chocolate syrup and sprinkles is my all time favorite. It's a classic!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats babe! That's awesome! So happy for you!! ♥ I'm not a startbucks person either. In fact I hate coffee lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! I loved getting to know more about you! I am also always early and get soooo anxious when I'm even close to late. I have my clock in my car even set to be 12 minutes fast so when I'm really in a hurry I don't have time to stop and think if thats the real time or not..i just go! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fun post! I've always said it would have been fun to live in the 50's/60's as well. And yesss to all the chocolate syrup and sprinkles on ice cream :)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't watch Friends either... I honestly don't even know if I've seen one full episode, ever! HA! I've always thought the 50s would be fun too. Life seemed so simple back then compared to now!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You don't watch FRIENDS?! You're dead to me. Hahahaha.

    No but seriously, I'm right there with ya on being early. I get really anxious when we're running behind or even on time. I like to be early everywhere we go so I don't have to stress. Plus, if we're meeting people for dinner I like to get there first so I can pick out my seat - I like to be smack in the middle of the table and facing the majority of the room and preferably the entrance as well. Gosh, I sound like a weirdo! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a fun post! I loved being able to meet some amazing ladies through blogging and being able to see what they've done on trips so I can better plan my own!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post! I love getting to know other bloggers via facts they post. I would agree that it's fun to get to know others and their lives through their blogs as well as meeting other bloggers who are similar to yourself. I don't watch Friends either, nor did I watch them when they were 'big' on TV. I guess I'm lame? HA, nonetheless, thankfully they replay them on TV now days.
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blue moon! Which reminds me of Superman ice cream-- and I never realized it was a Michigan thing until I moved away. I think I would travel back in time to the 20s too-- or maybe the 60s... I'm with you on it being so hard to choose! An e-reader with unlimited books is such a good answer for that question!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You don't watch Friends?! Girly you need to make some of that ice cream and sit down for a marathon :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blue Moon ice cream?! Like the beer... but ice cream? Sounds interesting! Agreed-- Rachel is the best (partly b/c Jennifer Aniston, partly b/c we share a name!). Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love blogging for the same reasons! I think the mundane can be so interesting! My favourite types of posts are always about everyday life.
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Friends! But we can still be friends even though you don't want it much since you chose Rachel as your favorite. ;) Rachel is my favorite too! Partially because we share the same name, but mostly because her personality is so cute. :)

    I'm always early too! And for the same reason!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so fun!! I love that you would bring an e reader with unlimited books... that's sneaky and genius!! Also, hmmmm... to answer the question about best beauty advice I've received- coconut oil! It's magic! I use it every night to take off my makeup! Also, I drink apple cider vinegar every morning which has helped dramatically to heal cystic acne! Hope that you have a great weekend!
    xoxo Cailee @ http://hellohealthyeating.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on the award! I have heard of Blue Moon ice cream from a previous co-worker who was from Michigan.. I don't think you can find it anywhere else! It sounds so good! I would also be interested in going back to the 1960s or even the 1970s. And I agree about blogging! It has been fun "meeting" people & just reading about their lives!

    ReplyDelete