Friday, March 25, 2016

Friday Favorites 3.24.16

via 

TGIF!  Yesterday kicked my butt.  Work was non-stop!  Then I had a fabulous dinner out followed by falling asleep on the couch at about 7:45...oops.  It was a major struggle to wake up, wash up, and get this post together before actually going to bed for the night - I just did not want to wake up!

First up for my favorites this week is my Grandpa's birthday.  My Grandpa passed away a few years ago.  I think of him often, especially on his big day.  He was such a wonderful man and I am so glad that I was able to have the time I did with him.  Love and miss you, Grandpa!

Carpaccio.  As I mentioned previously, I spent dinner out last night.  For our appetizer we went with carpaccio.  It was DELICIOUS!  I had never had it before, but oh my gosh was it good.  The meat just melted in your mouth.  If you don't mind very rare meat, definitely try it out next time you see it on a menu.  So good!

Stationary bike.  In my confession yesterday, I talked about my "old lady" body.  With my knee and hip giving me fits, I have been trying to do lower impact cardio at the gym.  To switch things up, I tried out the stationary bike that always has arm handles that go back and forth.  I tried this one before, but found the seat to be so uncomfortable.  I couldn't figure out how to adjust it to work for me!  However, during one of my gym trips this week, I figured out how to move the seat just right.  I think I found a new favorite machine!  I love how it works both my arms and my legs.  While it doesn't feel quite as good as running does, it is a good alternative when I want to switch things up.


Octane Fitness Xride XR6000 Recumbent Elliptical Cross Trainer
via 

Chocolate chip cookies.  Yesterday at my work meeting, lunch was catered.  We just had boxed lunches - sandwich, chips, apple and a cookie.  These cookies were SO GOOD!  They were regular chocolate chip cookies, with a chocolate cookie center - almost like the cookie part from an Oreo baked inside a chocolate chip cookie.  It was such a fun surprise after a full morning of intense meetings.

This song.  It has been stuck in my head since yesterday.  I don't know hardly any words except "work, work, work, work, work...".  It gets me pumped up for the day when I hear it on the way into work!

Hope you all have a great weekend - happy, happy Easter!

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda. 

26 comments:

  1. Chocolate chip cookies are one of my favorites! Have a wonderful weekend!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always LOVE your Friday goodness, especially the part about grandpa! Oh and chocolate chip cookies!! I hope you have an "Egg"cellent Easter weekend full of fun, love and laughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too cute with that song...It is pretty catchy! I'm terrified of rare meat, so I don't think beef carpaccio is for me, but so glad you liked it!! Happy Weekend girl! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol i don't think anyone knows any of the words other than "work" x3!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carpaccio is one of my favorite appetizers! It’s so delicious and also a good healthy(er) option!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My yesterday was crazy too! Hope both of our days are much calmer today! And ohh carpaccio... love it! It's so funny, I hate sushi but love carpaccio. Weird. Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. That song is catchy and fun to sing along to because you can basically just make up words haha!! And have you tried the elliptical? It's low impact and would be good for your knees too. I used to run all the time and am finally getting back into it now that it's warming up and grad school is winding down. Let me know if you have any questions because I could share good stretches for your knees and good shoes! Have a great Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha i am the same with that song, no idea what it's saying but i like it. the cookies sound amazing, and yay for finding a machine at the gym you love! have a good weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate chip cookies make everything better. This week has been pretty bad for me as well, I'm so glad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry to hear about your Grandpa! It's great you had such agood relationship with him
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carpaccio is one of my favorite apps, so delicious! The song work makes me laugh every time I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have a great weekend! Looks like coffee is in order today and sleeping in is in order for tomorrow!! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm officially hungry between the mention of carpaccio and chocolate chip cookies - YUM! Sending lots of *hugs* to you for your grandpa's birthday. Happy Easter Weekend gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have you ever tried Barre workouts? I used to have joint issues when I did other workouts, and ever since starting Pure Barre I haven't had an issues and feel great! Have a great weekend!

    xo, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for the weekend!! Sounds like a fun dinner out. Beef carpaccio is so delish! I don't get it very often but sometimes it's fun at a nice restaurant. Happy Birthday to your grandfather!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cheers to Friday and I hope you have a great weekend! I'm the same way with my Grandpa on his bday on March 6th so sending love your way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, why are boxed lunch cookies so good???? How do they get so soft and perfect?? Actually, I don't wanna know, it probably involves more butter than I want to imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, that song has been one of my favs lately! Mixed with a chocolate chip cookies #onpoint. Hope you have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
  19. I feel like it's so hard to not get that Rihanna song stuck in your head! It's just so catchy! Some times you just really need to go to bed early! I've been known to fall asleep on the couch around that time too! Carpaccio seriously is so good! We've always loved it when we've gotten it. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Uhm those cookies sound amazing. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This may sound crazy but whenever I'm sick I feel like a chocolate chip cookie legitimately always makes me feel better! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for finding a machine at the gym you like! Happy Easter, friend! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those cookies sound amazinggg!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend <3

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have had prosciutto which I find super salty but never tried carpaccio. Is carpaccio really salty too? And I pretty much have Work by Rihanna stuck in my head Monday-Friday!!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete