Friday, March 18, 2016

Friday Favorites 3.18.16

It's hard to believe that Friday is here.  The start of the week was soooo slow, but now that it is Friday, I feel like it flew by!  Here are my favorites for this week...

Birthday cards!  I love getting "fun" mail, especially when it's in the form of a card.  I have these sitting on my counter and it always makes me smile when I see them.


Hermann Wurst Haus.  I realized that I forgot to share one of my very favorite places in my birthday weekend recap!  Hermann Wurst Haus has the most amazing bratwursts.  They have a ton of different flavors - the Mettwurst and Jalapeno & Cheddar are two of my favorites.  While we didn't actually eat there last weekend, we did come home with a bunch of brats for the freezer.  Even if you aren't in the area, you can get them - they have online ordering.  While shipping can be a bit steep (even only an hour away), I think they are well worth the expense.  I actually ordered a box of 5 different flavors for a Christmas present and it was easily one of the best presents I gave.  Delicious.

Flavored water.  The cafetorium (yes, we call it a cafetorium where I work - cafeteria/autotorium) in my building always has different flavored water at lunch.  Yesterday they had apple and lemon.  It was SO GOOD.  Normally I stick to the plain, old water, because I am not always sure about their fruit combinations, but I really enjoyed the hint of apple and lemon in there.  Definitely going to be remembering this mix for my own use.

March Madness.  While I am not that into college basketball, I think March Madness is such a fun time.  My brother and sister-in-law both went to Butler so that is who I am rooting for.  I woke up Thursday morning to a picture from my brother of Jack in his Butler gear.  So stinking cute!  I did fill out a bracket just for fun...and I am pretty much already out because I choose Baylor to go to the championship.  Oops!  

Birthday love.  Not only did I get a lot of birthday love from my family and friends, but from you ladies, too!  You guys are just the best!

Have the best weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda.

26 comments:

  1. I've really been into flavored water lately. Like you, I just enjoy plain water, but since so many people are doing fruit-infused water, I decided to try. The PE department at my school puts out fruit-infused water every morning, so I usually send a kid over with my cup to fill it up haha! Have a great weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I display my cards the same way :) The infused water sounds so awesome...so wish my work did something like that! Hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love march Madness even though we are more football fans. I almost went to Butler, but it was IU at the last second. I too display cards and that bike one is soon cute! YUM...bratwurst, I think I need some this weekend, fire up the grill, lol!! Hope your weekend is spectacular gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not too into march madness but my school is playing (go St Joes!) so I will totally be watching tonight. Have a great weekend!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jalapeño & Cheddar sounds like the perfect combo! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun mail is the best, I LOVE getting and sending cards in the mail. And march madness is so much fun, bummer about Baylor, what the heck happened.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun mail is the best. I still love getting cards in the mail. I don't follow March Madness but one of the local colleges is in it and everyone is so excited. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a huge fan of college basketball either, but this is such a fun time of the year & I almost always make a bracket. Love all of your birthday cards-- snail mail really is the best! I'm not a big bratwurst person, but that's such a good gift idea for anyone who is tricky to buy for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree, getting cards in the mail is so special! I want to get better about sending cards to friends. It's amazing how much something that costs like $2 can brighten up your whole day!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Apple and lemon water sounds delicious!! I'll have to try it!! Love getting mail (as long as it's not bills!!). Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh I don't really follow college bball either except this time of year - lol!! We have the fancy "flavored" water at work too and it's so good! They have three now, cucumber, strawberry and lemon. I typically go for lemon but the cucumber one is surprisingly good too! Funny how it can make a difference ...

    ReplyDelete
  12. YAY! I love getting mail like that too! And birthday cards are the best! So glad you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Birthday cards are the best! I didn't make a bracket but I guarantee I would already be out haha. I enjoy watching basketball but am not so good at predicting it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I love displaying cards too! Glad you had a great birthday :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yum flavored water sounds delish! I like cucumber flavored water...so refreshing! I hope you're enjoying your birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Some flavored water can definitely be hit or miss by apple/lemon sounds really good! Yum! :) I've been on a lime kick too lately with water. Jared picked Baylor to win it all too- what an upset!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that you got a lot of birthday cards in the mail! I love getting an actual card in the mail, which is why I always try to send them to my friends for their birthdays! I didn't fill out a bracket this year because I don't know that much about basketball either, but I'm definitely rooting for my alma mater!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my husband would be ALLLLLL about the bratwurst place!
    So glad you got celebrated on your birthday--I love getting birthday cards, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love getting real birthday cards in the mail too!!! It makes me so happy. Apple lemon water sounds awesome! I have an infuser pitcher.. I'll have to try that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love getting birthday cards in the mail, too! It's always exciting to get real mail since everything is usually electronic nowadays. I always display mine on the kitchen counter, too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for fun mail, isn't it the best?! That bratwurst place sounds delish! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  22. mmmm flavoured water sounds great! and yay for birthday cards :) i enjoy march madness because we get snacks and stuff at work haha and they did this bracket thing so i might win money if my team wins, but i don't actually understand it, so i just asked them to let me know if i win anything haha. hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my gosh, Emily, SAMESIES! Haha...I'm a NCAA bball bandwagon fan, too! March Madness is such a blast, even though I don't care about basketball for the other 11 months of the year.

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that you guys have a cafetorium! How classy sounding! And hooray for snail mail! Birthday cards are so fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Umm....that flavored water does sound pretty amazing! I swear, birthday cards are the greatest ever! Sure beats getting a bill in the mail!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have been loving water infused with lemon and mint leaves lately! I definitely recommend it! Sorry to hear Butler and Baylor lost this weekend! Can I convince you to cheer for UNC with me? :)
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete