Thursday, March 24, 2016

Confessions


It never fails - every time I do one of these posts or read others, I always, always get Usher's song stuck in my head!

I confess...I am so over politics right now.  The other day at work, I walked by the kitchen and the headline on the news was that some people think Hillary Clinton's voice is shrill.  Really...that is headline news?  Everything going on in the world and that is what was being televised?  I understand that people do not like her and don't agree with her politics.  But why not focus on her platform, rather than discussing opinions on her voice?  Same with Republicans...when Rubio was still in the race, Trump kept calling him "little" Marco.  And then the whole thing about Trump having little hands and then his response back - gross.  Regardless of your political opinions, wouldn't it be nice if we could focus on platforms and policies, rather than these silly things?  Ridiculous.

I confess...sometimes I feel like I have the body of an old lady.  My knee and hip have been hurting me lately.  So much so that I decided to take some Tylenol.  If you know me, you know I don't like taking medicine.  As I was putting the cap back on the bottle, I somehow proceeded to drop the bottle, pills going everywhere.  It was just one of those nights where I was like, "reeeeaallly, that just happened?!" as I stared down at the mess.  Now it is pretty funny, but at the time, not so much.

I confess...when I went to the grocery store a few weeks ago, I went a little wild with some impulse buys.  I usually just stick to my list, but I ended up coming home with Goldfish, Gardetto's, and Wheat Thin Chips.  I need to stay away from the snack aisle!

I confess...my parking still isn't getting any better.  I try so hard and if anything, it just gets worse.  Maybe one day I will learn how to park my car.  I am just thankful it is smaller so that even when I do a bad parking job, I still fit in the lines!

I confess...Game of Thrones Season 5 just came in the mail and I cannot wait to binge watch!  I even saved $5!  I pre-ordered the show on Amazon.  By the time it was ready to ship, the price had gone down from when I originally ordered it, so Amazon gave me the lower price.  Love how that worked out.

What are you confessing today?

Linking up with Amanda, Annie and Jessica. 

22 comments:

  1. I feel 100% the same way about this years election...everyone (media included) is focusing on the wrong things...like who cares about their hands, how short they are or their voices...it should based on the issues which I'll be honest I dont even know where these people stand because the debates barely touch on them! Girl snacking is my weakness...you said goldfish and I'm like yep those come home with me every time too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah the snack aisle usually gets me too! We have a major goldfish addiction over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goldfish and cheez its are some of my favorites, but I try so hard to stay away!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh so over politics already too. The commercials drive me insane. I totally have to stay away from the snack food aisle or I will buy everything in sight! I accidentally walked down it yesterday while getting a salad and ended up with a salad, cookies and yogurt covered pretzels LOL! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you on the politics front. I'm over ALL OF THEM. I want a do-over. These can not be the MOST qualified people out there.
    My friend and I used to joke about her "old lady hip" because she always had something going on with her hips. Hopefully yours gets better!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. I confess I went pretty hard with the impulse buys last grocery store run too. Honey goat cheese, meat lovers pizza, wheat thins, chocolate milk. Oops.

    I also confess that now Usher is stuck in my head!

    Found you from Thinking out Loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I can never walk into a grocery store and just walk out with what I was planning on buying -- too many things suck me in. And if I go when I'm hungry? Laaaaaawd help me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh I am so over politics right now too--I don't feel like anyone is worthy of voting for. And we're looking at cars for me now and they will be bigger, so I'm nervous when it comes to parking! I'm going to have to park far away from all the other cars so I don't have to worry about hitting one when I back out haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh politics. I worry for our country, I don't think any of the candidates will lead us in the right direction. I keep hoping some rando person will throw their hat in the ring and poof, everyone will be happy.

    Have you tried stretching or foam rolling for your knee and hip? That might be part of the issue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so jealous that you get to binge watch Game of Thrones. I have HBO so I watched it when it came out last year and am dying to for Season 6 to start!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen sister! SO SO SO over politics! Our priorities as a country are out of whack! We're judging based on looks, voice, and insults. Sigh. And I have a creaky left knee! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seriously, Amazon is the best - I love how they gave you the lower price!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this!! What a fun post! and oh my gosh girl, I hear ya on the impulse buys. I CANNOT go to the grocery store hungry... oh my gosh, I can't. The other day I went to Whole Foods and bought 10 bars of Theo Chocolate because my favorite kind is Nutcracker Brittle and I'm afraid it's seasonal... So of course I HAD to stock up! LOL, and I'm right there with ya on the parking! SO thankful my car is a baby! Just a little compact :)
    xoxo Cailee!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I seriously hate politics so much! I can't stand them. Also I suck at parking too haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I so agree with you about the politics thing!

    And girl, no worries about the parking thing! This is why small cars are awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh I want to bang my head against the wall when people put political things on social media and people just start raging at them. Why? I thought I was a great parker until yesterday when I went to Subway for some lunch and everyone the restaurant was cracking up cause my car was taking up two spots and extremely far from being straight.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always get the Usher song in my head too! And girllllll I'm beyond over all the politics crap too, and I majored in Political Science! This race has been like a high school popularity contest of who can cut who down the fastest to make themselves feel better. I would have so much more respect for the candidates if they would just focus on the issues and not taking each other down *yeesh*. And yay for GOT! We have a few discs from Netflix, and I can't wait to binge watch this weekend :)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazon is so awesome with their preorder price guarantee! We got ours in the mail last week, and I've already lent it to my friend so she can get all caught up in time for the season 6 premiere! I always sing Usher when I see somebody's confessions post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I confess that politics makes my head hurt!! I wish things were much more cut and dry in the campaigns bc you're right. The stuff they focus on/talk about sometimes its just SO not important!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I get the Usher song stuck in my head every single time too! Totally with you on the politics and feeling like an old lady :(

    ReplyDelete
  21. i seriously had an anxiety dream about the presidential race. scary!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Girl, politics, YUCK! I mean, seriously, I still can't believe that this is real life. This has to be the weirdest election year of all time.

    And don't feel bad about feeling like an old lady. Ever since I had babies, I've had a terrible hip, bad knee, and a yucky lower back. I'm gonna be in sad shape when I REALLY get old. Lol.

    ReplyDelete