Wednesday, February 24, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 2.24.16

It's hard to believe it's time for another What's Up Wednesday post!  I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.


What I'm eating this week...crockpot buffalo chicken.  I made this Monday and it is by far one of the easiest recipes I have ever made.  Not to mention it is delicious!  I really love eating it over rice, with some shredded cheddar cheese and avocado.  Yum!

What I'm reminiscing about...the last time I flew.  With my upcoming trip to Naples, I am preparing myself to fly.  Last time I flew was to Scottsdale for a girls trip.  It was so easy and painless, but I get so nervous about flying.  

What I'm loving...working out on a consistent basis.  I feel like I am constantly talking about working out and trying to stay consistent.  I feel like I have finally gotten into a good routine.  Even though I don't always want to go, I know how much better I will feel if I do.  It's that post working feeling that I am totally loving!

What I've been up to...I feel like things have been busy, but I can't necessarily pinpoint why.  I just always feel like I need more hours in the day to accomplish what I want to!

What I'm dreading...as beyond excited I am about this work trip, I am also equally nervous.  The mingling, small talk, flying alone all that is making me very anxious.  I am a pretty quiet person around those I first meet, so this conference is a bit intimidating.  Although it is something I am "dreading," I am so happy about it, too (see "What I'm excited about"). 

What I'm working on...same as last month - going through my clothes.  I made it through my lighter sweaters and hanging items, but I still need to do my heavy winter sweaters.  It's never ending!  I am making progress, though.

What I'm excited about...Florida!  I am going to be in Naples...if anyone has suggestions, please send them my way.  I think I will have a free afternoon to do my own thing.  I am excited about the work opportunity, as well as just seeing the beach!  It's been so long.

What I'm watching...Madame Secretary, Pretty Little Lairs, Elementary, Fixer Upper, Teen Mom OG...honestly the list could go on.  I have also been watching a bit of the debates/town halls the presidential candidates having been holding.  While I definitely have my favorites, it is interesting to hear everyone speak their piece.

What I'm listening to...Drunk On Your Love by Brett Eldredge.  You can bet there is a concert going on in my car when this song comes on the radio.   

What I'm wearing...depends on the day.  This weather has been insane 70's last Friday to expecting snow for today.  Constantly checking the weather to see what is appropriate to wear!


What I'm doing this weekend...Provident's gala!  I have mentioned a few times (here and here) about Provident.  I am on the Young Professionals Board and the annual gala is on Friday.  While I am volunteering as opposed to actually attending, I am still very excited.  A reason to wear a fun dress and help a good cause?!  Count me in!  Here's to hoping we are able to raise quite a bit of money for the agency!

What I'm looking forward to next month...my birthday!!!!!!!!     

What else is new...my mind is drawing a blank right now.

For the bonus questions...What is my favorite Easter tradition...lamb cake.  


I haven't been able to spend Easter with my family the past few years.  They celebrate on Sunday, which it just doesn't work out to go for the weekend and then have to drive back late on Sunday to make it back Monday for work.  However, my favorite tradition is my mom's lamb cake.  I just think the cake is beyond darling and makes it feel like Easter.

Can't wait to read what's up with you this Wednesday!



25 comments:

  1. I am making crockpot buff chicken dip tonight for a work baby shower tomorrow. I can't wait to have it! Also, your lamb cake is too cute!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crock pot buffalo chicken sounds amazing...I'm really excited to start cooking again this week! You're going to have a great time at the conference girl! Can't wait to hear about it! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamb cake looks so cute, what a fun tradition! And YESSSSS you watch Madame Secretary and Elementary, aren't they soooooo good!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just brought back memories..my 2nd birthday fell on Easter and I had a lamb cake!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm you had me at crockpot buffalo chicken--yum! I'm sure Florida is going to be awesome--the flight will be great, and I think once you relax, you'll be great at mingling and mixing. Just enjoy it! And the warm weather :)
    The lamb cake is so cute! What a fun tradition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep hearing amazing things about Madame Secretary, and need to start watching! And crockpot buffalo chicken? YES please :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lamb cake. That is so awesome!! Also, yes to PLL. I need to watch last night's episode, but I am loving it too. It reminds me of high school because we would get together to watch it ever night :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stop. That lamb cake!! SO stinkin' cute (almost too cute to eat! wait. never mind...it's cake! :)). I know you're a little nervous about the work trip, but make sure you have a wallet/envelope that will allow you to keep track of all of your receipts, boarding passes, cab fare, etc (for reimbursement purposes). I made the mistake of not keeping track on my first trip (and learned the hard way!). Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that lamb cake is too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that cake!! I feel like I may have been to Naples before.. but I'm not 100% sure. I know it's nice though =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your Easter tradition! So so precious! You're going to have so much fun in Naples!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love crockpot buffalo chicken! You are going to have the best time on your work trip :) I cannot get enough of the presidential election coverage right now...it's so interesting!!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I get nervous about making conversation with new people as well. I always feel like I'm so awkward. Lol. I'm sure you'll do great, though!

    Your mom's lamb cake is so cute! I can't believe that she made that!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Michael and I decided we should do a crockpot meal once a week, and I think crockpot buffalo chicken must happen! That lamb cake is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I want to make that Buffalo Chicken in the crock pot! LOVE my crock pot!
    Thanks for linking up with us for What's Up Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. We love buffalo chicken, and the recipe in the crockpot is the best because it's so easy! And hooray for working out! It's amazing how something that little can have such a big difference in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww that lamb cake is so adorable!

    Making small talk can be hard, but I've learned that most people like to talk about themselves so once you get past the introduction part, you can ask questions about where they're from or what they do or about their kids (my goodness, people love to talk about their kids and pets - I'm totally guilty of this). And sometimes I'll run into someone who's just not all that chatty so I say a polite, "it was lovely to meet you" and then excuse myself to get more punch/food/go to the bathroom/etc then find someone else to chat with. My husband is naturally not a chatty person, but he wanted to be a better conversationalist. So he started watching people who were naturals at it and today he can make small talk with a brick wall. He's still an introvert so it still drains him, but at least it's no longer awkward for him! I hope your trip is AWESOME!

    Ahh! I totally make that buffalo chicken recipe!! It was one of our favorites early in our marriage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum that buffalo chicken sounds good! I'd love that over a salad. Flying gets me nervous too. It's really the take off that is scary but after that I calm down. lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. You cannot go wrong with anything flavored with buffalo sauce. That's my motto ;) I know Florida will be awesome for you- even if the trip as a whole is still a bit nerve wracking. You got this!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum to the crockpot recipe and way to go to the workout! I've been working out a little bit each night for 5 days and totally need to keep it going! (a little is better than none right? haha) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Naples is so beautiful, you'll love it there. The sunsets are breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your work trip is so exciting! I've never been to Naples either but can't wait to hear all about it. And can we talk about Teen Mom OG? I can't handle Farrah for one more second!

    ReplyDelete
  23. yay for trips!! even if they are work-related. i am awful at small talk. it doesn't flow easily for me, hence the reason my blog comments are always so short!

    ReplyDelete