Monday, February 22, 2016

Weekend Recap

Sitting down to write this post, it feels like Friday was so long ago!  It has been an exciting weekend.

Friday started off a little crazy at work.  Just trying to finish up a project that kept needed tweaking.  Then it slowly started to turn around.  First, when I went to go grab some lunch, the sandwich station had my favorite pasta salad.  That alone just made the day better.  Then, it really did a 180 when my boss told me he would like me to go to a conference in Florida coming up!  This will be my first time traveling with my job, and I am SO excited.  Crazy nervous, but also super excited!  The weather was amazing on Friday - I think it made it to the 70's - which had me craving a beer.  The evening was spent at a local pub enjoying some drinks and good food.



Race came out this weekend, so we caught an early showtime on Saturday.  The movie was really good.  It covered Jesse Owens' road to the Olympics held in Berlin, as well as touched on the decision for the U.S. to participate in those Olympic games.  I thought it was really well done.  I ran a bunch of errands Saturday, which is always nice to have those done come Sunday.

I headed to the mall first thing on Sunday to pick up a few things for my trip.  I also wanted to get a head start on an Easter present for Jack.  I have to say, I have been really disappointed in Barnes and Noble lately.  I love that store.  I could spend hours looking through all the different books.  However, I wasn't having much luck with the kids books, so I thought I would at the least treat myself to Teresa Guidice's new book.  I was looking online to make sure the store had it, before I started looking and it said I could pick up in store...for $26.00.  When I went back to the regular online price, it was $10 less!  This happened right after Christmas, too, when I went to pick up The Pioneer Woman's cookbooks.  The online price was so much cheaper than the in-store price.  Needless to say, as much as I love Barnes and Noble, I am definitely going to think twice about shopping there, at least in-store.  Just seems ridiculous to have to pay so much more when I can order online and save myself some money.  That set the mood for the rest of my shopping trip, but I did manage to pick up a few things that I think will work for the trip.  The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and relaxing.  It wasn't quite as productive as I had hoped, but not too bad!

Hope everyone has a marvelous Monday!

Linking up with Biana.    

22 comments:

  1. Work traveling is great - I miss it sometimes. You'll love it!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesse Owens grew up not too far from where I live and I remember taking a field trip to his house in elementary school. I really want to see that movie, too! Glad you got a lot done this weekend--a work trip to Florida would be so fun! Hopefully it's during warmer weather so you can enjoy that down there, too! Happy Monday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting that you'll be traveling down here for work, so much fun! The weather has been perfect lately! I've been wanting to see that Race movie, as I am obsessed with all things Olympics. Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on traveling with your job, that will be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I order all my books from Amazon, they have the best prices!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So exciting about the trip to FL!! And bummer about the book price; I guess that's the price we pay for wanting it now and not waiting for it to get delivered. But with shipping, it probably would have been just about the same price, so don't get too down on yourself! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for a work trip to Florida! The weather has been absolutely gorgeous down here so I hope it stays that way for your visit! Oh wow, I can't believe about the book price. How annoying! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that the little things brightened your day like having your favorite pasta salad. Way to appreciate the small stuff and the big stuff. And a big woohoo for getting to travel for your job! That's awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh traveling for work, how fun! I wish I got to do that. I haven't been to barnes and nobles in so long. The last time I went it was just so crowd that I had to leave. It was crazy how busy it was.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 70 degrees makes me crave beer too ha! That's so frustrating about the prices.. it annoys me because I end up always having to check the online price EVERYWHERE I go, and it just adds a stressful element to shopping. But I'm not going to just NOT check, you know?! It's just an extra step all the time an it sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard a lot of good things about Race! I may need to see it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like fun!! Interested in that movie, I love anything about the Olympics!!! I hear you on the books!!! Often Amazon is so much cheaper. I don't mind paying more at an independent book store but a big box store like that should have competitive prices.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me know what you think of Teresa's book! I don't really keep up with the Housewives series... but I think her book would still be interesting. I'm glad you got it for the cheaper price!! that's so annoying that the prices are different.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh, a work trip to Florida?! That sounds amazing! I really want to see Race! It looks so so good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for a little Florida travel!! :) That is awesome :) I almost always check Amazon for books now, they seem to have the best prices of anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Work trips are always so much fun, and a trip to Florida sounds like the perfect first work trip! That sucks that Barnes and Noble was so expensive in stores as compared to online! We went there over the weekend too, and it just blew my mind how expensive everything was, which is why I tend to prefer eBooks for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's great that you will be going to Florida for work!! Free travel is the best. Where in FL are you going?

    ReplyDelete
  18. FL sounds fabulous (even if its for work!) Happy Monday pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I always try to buy books online! The difference in price is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Work trip to Florida?! WINNER! That will be so great! Will you have some vacation time while you're there?

    It's crazy that books are so much more expensive in stores than online. I've had that same experience.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay for Florida! You'll be down around my neck of the woods! Where in Florida are you going? This is the perfect time of year to go down there! The weather should be warm, but not boiling hot and crazy humid!

    ReplyDelete