Monday, February 1, 2016

Weekend Recap

This weekend flew by!  I feel like I blinked and it was over.

Friday night was really low key.  I started feeling bad earlier this week, so to try and combat that, Friday night was spent at home, relaxing.  A little meat, cheese and wine made it fun, along with one of my favorite shows.

Relaxing on Friday must have done the trick, because I was ready to go on Saturday.  The weather was gorgeous...we are talking 60's in January.  Craziness!  To take advantage of that, the day was spent exploring Missouri with a mini road trip.  I was trying to find this place I had seen on a commercial before...so of course, I googled "general store mo," because the commercial shows this cute little store.  Why I didn't try something else, like quaint towns, day trips, more "normal" phrases, I have no idea.  But that is how I came across Caledonia, MO.  After checking out their town website, that become the destination.  The had a BBQ restaurant, some cute shops - it sounded perfect!  The drive was over an hour, but on some back roads with some gorgeous scenery.  It was really pretty even in the middle of winter, so I can only imagine what it would look like with everything in bloom, or at the peak of fall.  First stop was lunch at Caledonia BBQ.  


It was a neat place.  The inside was really cute, the tables were mostly picnic tables, covered with red checked table clothes.  I have to say, the food was not my favorite, but it wasn't bad.  Next up was the Old Village Mercantile Country Store.  



This place was awesome.  It had everything, candy, antiques, drinks...pretty much anything you would want in a little store like that.  The town had a few other shops, but most of them were closed.  I would guess that winter isn't a real big tourist time for them, and some places close then.  The way home brought an impromptu stop to see the Sandy Creek Covered Bridge.  



The bridge is one of four left in Missouri.  The bridge is located in a state park, which seemed really nice.  I can totally see it being a perfect spot for pictures, especially in the fall.  It was a really fun day.  I love going for drives when the weather is nice, and this was a rare opportunity for January.  Seeing some new spots in the State, was really neat, too.  Even just a few miles outside the city, the landscape is so different.  I wish I had pictures of the scenery to share, but two lane windy roads with no shoulder don't really lend itself to stopping and taking a picture or two.  

Sunday turned out to be pretty productive.  I had done grocery shopping Friday night, which was so nice.  Grocery shopping is not one of my favorite things to do, so I was happy when Sunday rolled around and it was already out of the way.  Working out, cleaning, laundry and meal prepping all got done Sunday.  The weather was once again amazing, so I had the chance to open up windows to air out the apartment.  I love when I am able to do that after being shut in for awhile.  Did anyone else watch Grease Live?  I thought they did a really good job with it.  I just love Grease, such a classic!  I even am a sucker for Grease 2.  Both of those will need to be watched soon, that is for sure!  Now, on to Monday...

Linking up with Biana.


           

26 comments:

  1. It was 60 here this weekend as well. Which I thought was strange but I saw on one of my Facebook memories that it was 60 same day, a few years back! Have a wonderful week!
    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting errands done on Friday night is awesome, I love having Sunday to be productive and hang out too.

    Looks like you had a fabulous weekend, I love a good antique store, so many wonderful finds. We have a few lil antiques in our home and I love the lil touches they bring. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your day trip! My mom and I love to do things like that, so a day trip to a small town is right up our alley. And my mom actually married my stepdad on an old covered bridge--strange but that's what they wanted and my sister and I were the only people there other than the minister and photographer. Have a great week!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear you were able to kick whatever it was in the bud before the full weekend started!! I love old bridges like that - they are so cool to me!! Hope you have a great Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun day trip! It's so nice to get out and explore. Warm weather at the end of January is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a great weekend and didn't spend the whole weekend sick! I love relaxing on Friday, it's such a great way to unwind from the week any way! That bridge is gorgeous, I can't believe there are only 4 left there! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad that you were feeling better in time to enjoy the rest of the weekend. The inside of the BBQ place looked so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad you were better too!! What a cool bridge!!! I hope this week gets off to a great start for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Exploring small towns is always so fun!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. That bridge is so cool. I love taking day trips, always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun! I love that you just picked a town and went to explore it! That looks like a perfect small town to visit :) I have watched the first half of Grease live & can't wait to finish it. SO good!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How pretty is that covered bridge? Love that you got to get out and explore this weekend with such beautiful weather and that you're feeling better. Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun little road trip!! I love little antique places like that! I didn't watch Grease Live.. I kind of forgot it was on... I heard great things about it though! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That store looks awesome! And yes, we watched Grease Live and it was SO GOOD! I thought they did an amazing job, and Julianne Hough as Sandy was perfection. I don't think they could have picked a better person for that role!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What is going on with this crazy weather?! Definitely not complaining- I just couldn't believe how warm it was this weekend! I love covered bridges- the church we got married at had one so they hold a special place in my heart ;) That one is beautiful and that little town looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. BBQ should be a thing for every weekend. I was just telling my mom the other day "Sunday just feels like BBQ to me". :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love meat and cheese nights at home! It's the perfect way to unwind after a long week at work! Saturday sounds like such a fun day of exploring! I really want to do something similar in Texas because it seems like the perfect way to get to know your homestate!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love taking day trips to new towns or cities on the weekend! Sounds like a fun and productive Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love spending nice days exploring just like you did, this warm weather is so not normal for this time of year, but I'm relishing in it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think your adventure was far more fun than the regular place you could have gone too! We had warm weather too, I think it's happening all over :)

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love day trips to new places. It looks like a well-spent Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Little road trips in nice weather are my favourite! I read up a little bit about the Sandy Creek bridge and it's so cool that you got to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love a good Friday night like that – hoping for that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love cute little towns! That sounds like an awesome day trip!

    ReplyDelete
  25. aww the town is so sweet and love road trips too!

    ReplyDelete